Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest dalyer

This is the only one I have since the original had that adapter that stopped working..

m.ebay.com/itm/281516796579?nav=SEARCH

That claims to be 2000mA/2A which should work better (charge faster) than the original Coolpad one but it may just be a crap charger or not actually 2A at all.

Just because it has "Samsung" on it doesn't mean it's actually from them, matches the claimed specs or is generally "good".

Any half decent 1A/2A charger should work fine. Even a lower amperage should work albeit charging more slowly.

I often hear people saying that you must use the manufacturer's specific charger for best results but that's not really true as long as you have a decent charger with the required voltage and amperage (or higher than the original).

Guest bore1989

That claims to be 2000mA/2A which should work better (charge faster) than the original Coolpad one but it may just be a crap charger or not actually 2A at all.

Just because it has "Samsung" on it doesn't mean it's actually from them, matches the claimed specs or is generally "good".

Any half decent 1A/2A charger should work fine. Even a lower amperage should work albeit charging more slowly.

I often hear people saying that you must use the manufacturer's specific charger for best results but that's not really true as long as you have a decent charger with the required voltage and amperage (or higher than the original).

I think that this is some cheap copy of Samsung charger...paid 3-4$ for it on eBay

Guest bradipo82

Hi have a big problem with all the rom.

My phone recognize sdcard0 (that is a partition of internal memory) and sdcard1 that is the real sdcard external.

All the apps are installed on sdcard0, so my memory is full after the installation of 10/15 application, my watsapp folder is also inside sdcard0, so all the media fill my internal space...How i can install my app on sdcard1? I can eliminate sdcard0?

Now I'm on the last maucat, but the problem is with all the rom that I have tryed.

Thanks

Ps. Yes, I have selected the default installation path on external sd and I have used sd kiktat fixer

Guest dalyer

Coolpad CoolUI CoolShow.apk

I managed to download stock coolUI kk 025 cpb. :)

Anyone interested in a flashable repack?

I presume that only a CPB and not a repack would update the baseband?

If so is there any way that you can make the CPB available to me please?

As you know I've been trying to download it for days without success.

Do you know that it's intact as there are is no MD5 for it?

Or is it built in and integrity checked by the YGDP software to avoid the flashing of a bad CPB?

Edited by dalyer

I flashed it already through CPB but I won't make a repack, no time for that these days, sorry.

Use IDM downloader after 11PM and you'll manage it.

Don't know about baseband thing.

Guest zltnngy

Radio firmware and baseband is in /system/etc/firmware and /system/etc/mddb. So flashing a new rom through recovery always overwrites and probably changes those files.

Guest dalyer

Use IDM downloader after 11PM and you'll manage it.

Tried that several times but it always fails.

Got to 98% once (after 9 hours!).

No chance of a remirror? :-)

Guest dalyer

Radio firmware and baseband is in /system/etc/firmware and /system/etc/mddb. So flashing a new rom through recovery always overwrites and probably changes those files.

But CWM zipped ROMs don't write either of these?

Do you know of any way of extracting these for independent flashing like was possible with the baseband and RIL on the Huawei G300 for example?

(Still doesn't obviate the need to get the relevant CPB(s) in the first place though!).

Thanks.

Guest dalyer

I can upload 025 CPB to my Google drive. I will share the link at evening.[emoji6]

if you can I'd really appreciate it - thanks a lot...

Take THAT dakok! JOKE! :D

Guest zltnngy

But CWM zipped ROMs don't write either of these?

Do you know of any way of extracting these for independent flashing like was possible with the baseband and RIL on the Huawei G300 for example?

(Still doesn't obviate the need to get the relevant CPB(s) in the first place though!).

Thanks.

I think they do. If the installer formats system at the start of install, then it writes those 100%, or else you would be without radio and wifi..

The TD-SCDMA-> WCDMA patch in fact installs a wcdma firmware and baseband if I remember correctly. You can update the files in that zip with updated ones from the latest stock rom, and then flash on top of every rom to get an updated baseband.

Edited by zltnngy

Guest korekore1

I think they do. If the installer formats system at the start of install, then it writes those 100%, or else you would be without radio and wifi..

The TD-SCDMA-> WCDMA patch in fact installs a wcdma firmware and baseband if I remember correctly. You can update the files in that zip with updated ones from the latest stock rom, and then flash on top of every rom to get an updated baseband.

nice info.So everytime we use the wcdma patch we downgrade our firmware and baseband?Because the patch we are using is quite old..!

Guest zltnngy

nice info.So everytime we use the wcdma patch we downgrade our firmware and baseband?Because the patch we are using is quite old..!

Yes and every wcdma compatible rom has a firmware which is either old or new:)

Well, I used 3 different 3G patches for the stock TDSCDMA CPB rom (after I flashed it through YGDP)

and it didn't work. :)

I couldn't get IMEI and 2G/3G

When you flash zip rom it usualy sets only few partitions.

YGDP or SP Flash flashing changes more than that.

Not sure what exactly, to be true  :blush:

Edited by dakok

Guest dalyer

Well, I used 3 different 3G patches for the stock TDSCDMA CPB rom (after I flashed it through YGDP)

and it didn't work. :)

I couldn't get IMEI and 2G/3G

When you flash zip rom it usualy sets only few partitions.

YGDP or SP Flash flashing changes more than that.

Not sure what exactly, to be true  :blush:

It might be interesting to know more about what gets touched and when and what can safely be updated independently.

But I wouldn't really know where to start myself yet... :(

Guest bradipo82

Hi have a big problem with all the rom.

My phone recognize sdcard0 (that is a partition of internal memory) and sdcard1 that is the real sdcard external.

All the apps are installed on sdcard0, so my memory is full after the installation of 10/15 application, my watsapp folder is also inside sdcard0, so all the media fill my internal space...How i can install my app on sdcard1? I can eliminate sdcard0?

Now I'm on the last maucat, but the problem is with all the rom that I have tryed.

Thanks

Ps. Yes, I have selected the default installation path on external sd and I have used sd kiktat fixer

Please, someone can help me?