Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest xeros2

I've just received my Coolpad F1 with AOSP ver 1.0, but althrough it's quite good (besides issues like debug (ADB) connection not working or big battery drain when using 3D apps/games) and I'm a bit bored with clean AOSP, looking for all-in-one solution, like MIUI.

I'm looking for _stable_ ROM without bugs, for longer use.

I'm not so interrested on 4.4 yet as it seems to be very buggy looking at comments.

I was thinking about JasonOS to play with MIUI.

Could anyone tell me what are the differences between 20140804 & 20140814 versions?

Is any of these versions good enough for everyday use?

Stability, good camera and responsiveness are priority for me.

Edit:

There's also another 20140814 version released on 2014.08.15: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c0gXuEW

Im not so enthusiastic about JasonOS now.

It is not so smooth after 2-3 days of use. When you reboot it 

it behaves again but 2-3 days more and it hicks-up again...

Guest slime00

just very quick first impressions:

both seem to be the same rom in origin, Nibiru K1 port (my pc in mtp mode labeled the phone "K-Touch MTP Device" after connecting both roms)

other common things are:

both have only chinese, english and indonesian
both are fluid and major things seem to work, but obviously it would require more time to test them properly
none of them is the Taiwanese AOSP (other than the MTP label, with the stock launcher widgets are not displayed and the system-details reports different numbers than the ones in the reviews)
Camera is great, even if it displays only 12mp there is a HUGE improvement over the Pure AOSP.

Guest slime00

they are not WCDMA but they can be converted using the various patches listed before (Jonzalvo's 3g modem and miui converter). Didn't try ART, since i was worried about possible disfunctions since the recovery is the old one.

Guest jakethedooggg

they are not WCDMA but they can be converted using the various patches listed before (Jonzalvo's 3g modem and miui converter). Didn't try ART, since i was worried about possible disfunctions since the recovery is the old one.

It's okay for daily use? Like Pure AOSP or so?  :D

Guest raulmayus

Those who get around 30K score in Antutu with 039 ROM, Do you feel the mobile perform better? Or it's just a performance improvement only with that benchmark?

Thank you.

Can anybody answer? Thx.

Guest slime00

It's okay for daily use? Like Pure AOSP or so?  :D

that's too early to say, I reversed back to pure since I want to try the taiwanese aosp, but I think they are pretty usable, like most aosp. 

Guest gordito

I cant download anything from baidu, i keep pressing the download button and nothing happens, tried with Firefox and Chrome.

Edited by gordito

Guest jakethedooggg

I like the AOSP roms BUT, I can't restore anything with Titanium Backup and also GravityBox doesn't works well at all... But it's a nice rom, i'll keep it in my phone :)

Best 4.4.2 rom i've seen right now.

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest slime00

titanium should be able to restore the apps regardless the rom, are you sure it points to the correct folder of the backups and that it has all the necessaries permissions? Gravitybox is known to have still some issues with kk unfortunately!

Edited by slime00

Guest jakethedooggg

Yeah, I got a parsing error no matter what I restore, but restoring data works fine. Also I got that UID error that made me do a factory reset. But well, it's too soon to have an stable rom :)

If you haven't noticed, Coolpad F1 Modaco topics have passed 100.000 views in less than 4 months.

:D

Anyone tried this 4.4 release?

This version is Cool Great God f1 Unicom version, comes with root privileges, easier to use! ! 

1 An absolutely smooth than the official! ! Memory on large! ! 

2 With ART, opened the Flying smooth! ! 
3 has been repaired currently visible to all BUG! ! For long-term use! ! 
4 has been set as the default storage extrapolation memory card! ! Do not worry about the built-in storage is too small! ! 
5 Google framework has been installed! ! Preparing for the big game! Optimize boot speed! ! Ten seconds to realize once again open machine! ! 
6 improves the stability of the system! ! Do not have to worry about system crashes! ! 
7 There are two desktop choose! ! Like which one to choose! ! 
8 Repair Built sd card can not display bug

Guest slime00

New ATX update of the 4.4 CoolUI Rom for TDSCMA Version (flash patch to use with our device)

http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-9148474-1-1.html

Streamlining production from the official 4.4.2

perfect ROOT privileges, will not rebound 
on the desktop icons into re-arranged, and remove unwanted icons 
add busybox instruction sets, 
such as the removal of Cool startup sound 
enhancement effect of putting on a version forget to add the 
amendment Low power consumption problem error 
adding personal customized version of the Advanced Settings (System Tools folder to find small) 
support the status bar displays speed, support switches, supports switching style 
support ZTE screen open and close aides 
goggles turn off support 
to support electricity percentage shows the setup / battery can switch 
frame modifications, support global transparent display, setting retention black and white wind 
streamline most useless program, the system is quite pure 
zipalign ROM has been optimized to reduce memory footprint 
to optimize the effect of the global 3G network optimization touch response 
optimization of the underlying framework to optimize power consumption, more power 
to adjust the details of their own experience

Download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kT3JMvH

Patch for WCDMA (needed to use sim signal): http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dD1nzlZ

Edited by slime00

Guest xeros2

Im not so enthusiastic about JasonOS now.

It is not so smooth after 2-3 days of use. When you reboot it 

it behaves again but 2-3 days more and it hicks-up again...

Thanks for info, dakok!

I have looked into it and I see few not completely compatibile scripts for tuning kernel parameters related to buffers/caches for built-in flash, sdcard, network, memory... in /system/etc/init.d/ in JasonOS.

I think that's the reason of such behavior.

Looks like all of them can be simply removed (or leave one or two scripts that would be usefull (but not essential)).

Guest jakethedooggg

I'm gonna try the first AOSP KK that Slime posted, hoping Titanium Backup works... Idk why, but in the first CoolUI KK rom I could restore apps :/

Anyways, these AOSP are so fast and smooth, I love them. Much better than Pure AOSP and they don't have scripts yet.

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest slime00

I don't know if they are so much better since I just tried them for a couple of minutes, but for sure camera is great, it doesn't even seem the same compared to pure! (i think it's also better than the coolui 4.2 versions, which were already better than the aosp)

Edited by slime00