Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest slime00

well, I can't see much difference from 5.5, apart from the retouched ship image :D

but it's good if F2 roms can easily be ported to F1, since it seems coolpad gives one-year-update to every phone (I've seen this info in the offical forum some time ago), F2 should see android L (I doubt our phone will, since we only started now to see some beta kitkats and one major update for a phone is usually the maximum, even outside of china)

Edited by slime00

yes, with jonzalvo's pure (4.2) the phone jumped to almost 30000 points without any tweakigs or improvement made by me, it's only an app to boost the ego when you hit high scores, nothing really useful in comparing phones!

Yeah.

I haven't had time to play with my F1 for a while and it's still running jonzalvo's Pure AOSP v2.

It gave 26K on AnTuTu 4.

I just tried AnTuTu 5 and get just under 31K+.

Meh....!  :mellow:

Edited by dalyer

Guest matejsolid

dakok could you try listen music with headphones in background to confirm or deny problem with reboot, I described in my last post. ( baidu repack).

I really dont have luck with this phone today I charged and it charged to 40 % then I went to cwm to make backup, rebooted and saw 8 % of battery.

He was connected to charger whole time and if it unplugged by any accident he couldnt drain 32 % for backup????

dakok, can i use wcdma patches from jason MIUI for X_S or slyder_mi MIUI ROM?

because im having difficulties finding the patch from X_S

still trying to find it though .

As far as I know, Xs is MIUI developer and he made that patch for his MIUI releases (he made CWM 6.0.5.0, too)

JasonOS uses that patch, too

Jonzalvo 3G Fix (patch) is similar thing and it is used for 4.2 roms and 4.4 roms, too

I don't know if another developer MIUI rom ( Slyder) can use one of that patches for WCDMA.

@Uman01

Do you have any experience in flashing phone in YGDP Tool?

Any comments on that flashing guide? 

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

Dakok, I've extended your message in bdss also to "work first" liu tao, the one with the dancing apple avatar... let's hope they take in consideration our suggestions!

slime00, James slime00 :D

I contacted Crayons, too. :)

I tried to contact some folks from ATX team at Anzhi forum and found out I can only watch forum now.

My login expired and when I try to sign in forum again - no way :(

So, no links from Anzhi (ATX Team releases) from now on

Guest gordito

Here's the guide for flashing factory rom through Coolpad flashing tool - YGDP

This guide is written for Indonesian variant of our phone - named Himax Polymer (octa core)

YGDP Tool is made by Coolpad (Yulong General Download Platform)

Guide provides download links for:

Indonesian 4.4 Factory rom

Drivers and YGDP Tool

Guide is a translation of original document supplied by our Indonesian member

Anggriawan. Thanks dude :D

YGDP Flashing Tool Guide

Be warned - using this is your own responsibility!

It might be good to wait for his comments before using it...

Who tried this already?

Some screens?

So let me get this straight. I was missing from the forum for 3 days and you guys managed to squeeze 11 pages, introduce a couple of new members AND the official wcdma aosp kk is out? Well... I should be missing from the forum more often, it seems :-D

Guest matejsolid

Anyone tried MIUI ? Cant detect SIM card and no Google Play store-> delete...

Baidu repack is excellent,Dakok's repack with gapps and bloatware removed but the issue with rebooting while trying to listen in background :/

Is there any way to contact developer of that ROM for troubleshot ?

Flash original Baidu v54 and I will show the

list of removed apps in that release.

Baidu is excellent. I won't replace it with another

rom easily: )

Edited by dakok

i need help, after flashing x_s miui rom, i can't seem to use the keyboard, the keyboard just won't show up, already trying few things, no luck.

the same with slyder_mi miui rom, also no keyboard showing up when i want to type messages.

did i miss something?

*edit. nevermind, i realized the rom didn't come with preinstaled keyboard, so i decided to install custom keyboard anyway.

@dakok 

i never use YGDP tool, 

but i don't really understand about download mode in the tutorial, since i can't seem boot the phone to download mode only.

only recovery mode, and fastboot mode.

Edited by uman01

Flash original Baidu v54 and I will show the

list of removed apps in that release.

Baidu is excellent. I won't replace it with another

rom easily: )

Could you please tell us why is it so great and post some screenshots or video of those nice features?

Thanks in advance.

Guest matejsolid

Could you please tell us why is it so great and post some screenshots or video of those nice features?

Thanks in advance.

Pretty much he explained here.

post-1046454-14099420610072_thumb.jpg

Dakok I'll contact you tomorrow about originak Baidu and removing apps via PCEkspert ;)

Guest borsosg

I tried to use YGDB tool to install the new taiwanese rom, but it doesn't work for me... The installation is unsuccessful. Tomorrow I will try to install it with coolpad download assistant.

Guest borsosg

I tried to flash taiwanese rom with coolpad download assistant, but it didn't work. I Tried again with YGDB Tool, and I scoosed another modell: 8297w, but it didn1t work. I tried it with all modell, none of them worked. No more idea now. If someone do a success intall, please share the method. With YDBG I received  this error log:

21:39:04  CELL0: Software Version:  Assembly - <V3.83Beta_140509_12>

21:39:04  CELL0: Cell 0 USB address is: com4

21:39:04  CELL0: Start Download.

21:39:04  CELL0: Download Started...

21:39:04  CELL0: Downloading CPB:

21:39:04  CELL0: Init Connect Arg.

21:39:04  CELL0: Downlaod DA Start.

21:39:06  CELL0: Downlaod DA Success.

21:39:06  CELL0: This CPB for the Phone don't support Check CID.

21:39:06  CELL0: Verify is Partition be Changed.

21:39:06  CELL0: Partition is not Changed.

21:39:06  CELL0: Get Usb Status Success.

21:39:06  CELL0: Read YL-Parames Partition Start.

21:39:07  CELL0: Read YL-Parames Partition Success.

21:39:07  CELL0: Check between YL-Parames Partition and PhoneInfo Start.

21:39:07  CELL0: Check between YL-Parames Partition and PhoneInfo Failed.

21:39:07  CELL0: Check YL-Parames Partition Failed, The CPB is not for the Phone.

21:39:08  CELL0: DisConnect.

21:39:28  CELL0: Total download time elapsed: 0 min : 24 sec

21:39:28  CELL0: Downloading CPB: Failed!

Is there any stable KitKat rom, with no significant bugs (camera, proximity, etc.)?
Also, members who have any rom version of KitKat on their F1 please share your experience about stabillity, battery life...?

Guest Arpione

Does anyone else have problems with Baidu v55? After flashing I changed the language and some settings, rebooted, after that when I unlock the screen it shows the boot animation and then the lock screen again. Also why does it have 2 lock screens (it's own 4-way and what seems to be the stock AOSP lock screen)? I hope it can be fixed somehow, it seemed much more responsive than CoolUI.

Edited by Arpione