Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest mindtrapper

I briefly tried the official 041 and it seems like a good rom. I don't like all the extra Coolpad programs (I had tried to remove them all from the 036 version and I got a bootloop) and that's why I don't use it as a daily driver. What I really like is that the screen can get darker in the lowest setting. I think it's going to be a great battery saver for when I am indoors and can read comfortably. Does anyone know how this feature can be implemented in AOSP 4.2 roms? Or if there is a 4.4 rom with the brightness set up like that?

Anyone using Dolphin browser? I'm on Laek's V3 and Dolpin is killing battery+cpu here. ROM specific or Dolphin problem?

post-244454-0-98174700-1410872652_thumb.post-244454-0-93147000-1410872653_thumb.post-244454-0-91083700-1410872654_thumb.

Edit: To be fair it can go as low as 60% cpu usage at idle but it's still making the phone hot

Edited by tcpaulh

I have seen Dolphin behave like that in various devices. Safest bet is to uninstall and try CM Browser or another alternative.

Hmm, it's the only browser I know that does proper word wrap/reflow (see my signature) :(

Guest fundament

hi to all. i follow this thread religiously and as someone said it we should try to contribute to the dicussion, not just to wait the laites rom. speaking of which, i've been trying out last few weeks roms you folks posted. well not all of them, to be honest, there are quite a few now :) i swiched from some customised Coolpad UI 036 (vendor form aliexpress removed chinese apps, all english) due to sms issue with banks, taxi servis etc. now i see how to correct it, might give it a try. @ dakok: thanks for repacking baidu v56, like it a lot but i have isue with the sound/speaker- too low. i tried to correct it via mobileuncle but i can't get to eng. mode (mtk) to do as described few pages before. as to AOSP ones after a day or too of use i realise jonsalvo's pure v.2 is faster and more stable @laeks.17 very nice, tried every version you uploaded, thinking af swiching to it but is it possible to have separate ringtones for sim1 and sim2 like in baidu for example 

It seems to me that there are many serious problems with LAEKs roms (no offense, always respect for those who upload roms)

No push, weird signal icons, etc

It's all the same in the last pages.......

I use Jonvalvo's AOSP KK, and everything works perfectly. Never had a single problem, gravitybox works 100%, battery life is superb.

We should be talking about that rom more.

I use Jonvalvo's AOSP KK, and everything works perfectly. Never had a single problem, gravitybox works 100%, battery life is superb.

You mean this one?

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/pureaosp-lite-kitkat-4-4-2-multilenguaje.79570/

If not then what's the link?

I can't see such a ROM on Needrom...?

Guest Mouratti

I USe the leak rom 2.1

And work fine for me, even the push notifications.

The signal blue bars that appear i solved with gravitybox.

For people who need ringtones for each sim, use this app dualsim ringtone app.

The Jonvalvo's AOSP KK, you need to be care the SD card or brik the phone right?

Im satisfied with leak.

Yes, that rom. Its almost perfect.

I thin it's two kernel behind than laek's one, talking about betas is not a small thing... I hope he updates it soon, he made the best 4.2 rom!

I USe the leak rom 2.1

The Jonvalvo's AOSP KK, you need to be care the SD card or brik the phone right?

Im satisfied with leak.

I hear many problems anyway.

And no, you dont have to be careful with the SD, just to not format it from phone, same thing happens with his 4.2 roms

I thin it's two kernel behind than laek's one, talking about betas is not a small thing... I hope he updates it soon, he made the best 4.2 rom!

I dont care about kernel, if you are true.

It performs excellent, and the one game i play (NBA JAM) plays without any problem.

Guest martinoff

It seems to me that there are many serious problems with LAEKs roms (no offense, always respect for those who upload roms)

No push, weird signal icons, etc

It's all the same in the last pages.......

this +

Guest jakethedooggg

I USe the leak rom 2.1

The Jonvalvo's AOSP KK, you need to be care the SD card or brik the phone right?

Im satisfied with leak.

V3 is out. Why don't you try it? You won't be disappointed.

Can anyone tell me wich is the best, film protection?

Tempered glass or other...something to not scratch the screen.

Definitely glass. It doesn't get as greasy from your fingers as a plastic film does, it's much more slippery than the film and it provides additional protection for the screen (if you drop the phone it'll shatter before the screen does). It's also scratch proof, unlike plastic films.

it provides additional protection for the screen (if you drop the phone it'll shatter before the screen does)

This is wrong.

Because it shatters more easilly than traditional protectors, it doesnt mean that it protects the screen better.

It only means that its more fragile, because its a really thin layer of glass.

Its quite the opposite.

Plastic screen protector probably can take more damage than glass one.

Yes it has a better feeling, yes it can't be scratched easilly but when it comes to damage from falling there is little or none gain compared to traditional protectors

Edited by gordito

This is wrong.

Because it shatters more easilly than traditional protectors, it doesnt mean that it protects the screen better.

It only means that its more fragile, because its a really thin layer of glass.

Its quite the opposite.

Plastic screen protector probably can take more damage than glass one.

Yes it has a better feeling, yes it can't be scratched easilly but when it comes to damage from falling there is little or none gain compared to traditional protectors

this is not common glass you are talking about, it's tempered glass (also known as toughened glass), like the one you have in your car... and no, it doesn't shatter easily at all! but you can always try doing these tests with your plastic screen protector if you feel to prove your point! :D

Edited by slime00

Guest lucifer2223

I USe the leak rom 2.1

Im satisfied with leak.

What exactly did you do with gravitybox to solve the blue bars issue???