[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Romagnolo1973

Why dont u upload whole new rom with updates instead of several updates, its kinda confusing

just wait some days and there will be only one version availableas stable and including all the changes

Guest porozex

i noticed some lag after using skype and then chaning for facebook for example, maybe i did something wrong  with minfree, will restore a backup

happens to me too. i tried everything to fix this lag but nothing helps. it happens on some games too they just dont respond and touchscreen dosent work

Guest H3ROS

I've updated the whole ROM. People who installed the experimental update can install the final version over the top.

I've disabled Ok Google by default for fresh installs to avoid audio playback issues. I've also disabled the minfree tweak since people reported better performance in games with it disabled.

@ Romagnolo1973

The media scanner option I don't think I can do since I don't think CM10 even has it, does it? I might be able to do the extra widget buttons as an addon though. I just didn't want to include it in the ROM as standard because I don't like to double up on options.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Picvajzmen

I didnt install the second update, and I flashed modding33's kernel. Should I do all wipes again and then flash the rom or can I just flash it over this one?

And I gotta say, I didnt have lag that ocured with H3ros kernel when I flashed moddings kernel.

Guest H3ROS

@ Picvajzmen

You can simply install the update. You shouldn't run into any issues even though you've installed the moddingg33k kernel :)

@ fonz93

It changed a little. I updated the messaging app slightly, disabled the minfree stuff for everyone and also updated the file manager.

Guest H3ROS

The minfree's shouldn't make too much difference right now. I might try to rebalance things if I make some improvements to the kernel, but right now as both the kernel and Android itself protects SystemUI and the phone process it should be fine without the values set.

Guest Romagnolo1973

@ Romagnolo1973

The media scanner option I don't think I can do since I don't think CM10 even has it, does it? I might be able to do the extra widget buttons as an addon though. I just didn't want to include it in the ROM as standard because I don't like to double up on options.

I don't remeber if is prensent in cyano jb roms, for sure is on kitkat rom, could be that kitkat make this disable\enable possibility easier.

I have solved using this app that works on JB (not for KK)   Rescan Media Root https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.addz.mediascannerroot&hl=it

If you can add the button as addon is a great addiction, less stress for the physical button

I'n downloading and testing the new version

Thanks !!!

Guest Romagnolo1973

@romagnolo1973

You can set the back,home or recents button to make the phone go to sleep in Gravity box...

Humm better let the physical button have the normal behaviour

I want be able to shut down the phone tapping a toggle button, just prevent use on-off physical button that is not so solid and durable at least on some Y300

At the moment there is only a reboot buton, I can do that as workaround - tap reboot toggle and choose reboot into recovery, wait recovery start and shut down from here. Not so usefull

Guest H3ROS

This ROM doesn't actually have a reboot or shutdown widget button. If you're seeing one for reboot then have you restored data + apk from a titanium backup?

The only way you'd get a restart widget button is if you restored an APK from something like FusionX or SlimStock. But then you'd be missing network selection (2G, 3G or 3G preferred) and some of the icons wouldn't be the same shade of white. You'd also have a force close if you enabled WiFi and then enabled a WiFi hotspot and then re-enabled WiFi.

Edit: You'd also have a message displayed rather than the provider displayed if you were to disable mobile data and WiFi.

Edited by H3ROS

Humm better let the physical button have the normal behaviour

I want be able to shut down the phone tapping a toggle button, just prevent use on-off physical button that is not so solid and durable at least on some Y300

At the moment there is only a reboot buton, I can do that as workaround - tap reboot toggle and choose reboot into recovery, wait recovery start and shut down from here. Not so usefull

there was the option for it in fusion x , why not here Edited by ako0

Guest TayoOnabule

Been using this ROM for a couple days now and i must say, great work H3ros, really great. I did get a few lag spikes in the beginning, a bug that i've always had with stock ROMs, but they're all gone with the latest version. Thanks for making such a refined and reliable ROM, it's what these phone's needed! :)

Guest H3ROS

And thank you for the kind words :)

I've worked on much bigger projects than this, but this has actually been the most fun for me. And I know it may not be the newest version of Android, but it functions really well and in some cases I've updated the system apps to match what's found in newer versions of Android anyway. That and I guess people also have Xposed to add a ton of other features which is great too.

Guest painteramit

Hi H3ROS,

great ROM, but still the Bluetooth headset is not working for incoming / outgoing calls.

can you please fix it?

by any chance did you checked the logcat I'd posted few days back?

thanks in advance.

by the way, I've installed the latest full ROM with wiping Everything.

Edited by painteramit

Guest Romagnolo1973

This ROM doesn't actually have a reboot or shutdown widget button. If you're seeing one for reboot then have you restored data + apk from a titanium backup?

The only way you'd get a restart widget button is if you restored an APK from something like FusionX or SlimStock. But then you'd be missing network selection (2G, 3G or 3G preferred) and some of the icons wouldn't be the same shade of white. You'd also have a force close if you enabled WiFi and then enabled a WiFi hotspot and then re-enabled WiFi.

Edit: You'd also have a message displayed rather than the provider displayed if you were to disable mobile data and WiFi.

ahh true, I have the reboot toggle as last in the notification bar (2 circle arrow) and is was working perfectly till I have installed update 2, now is not working anymore

Probably was a Gravity Box addiction when setting advanced reboot options, I have not imported data from another rom, it was a clean installation

New version tested and is stable as a rock :-)