[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

Does anybody have a problem with keyboards? Sometimes (every 2-3 hours) I can't type with it, the keyboard pops up, the gestures are working, but when I try to press a key, it doesn't work. I have to reboot to make it work again. It's present with Smart Keyboard Pro, Swype and the Google Keyboard too.

Guest farfix

Hi... I'm testing this ROM and for now it's excelent... And now I see an update... I just flash it without wipes?? Or I must to wipe something?

Guest H3ROS

@ matteussz_

Seems fine for me. Weird that you're getting that with different keyboards too :wacko:

@ farfix

You can install the update without performing any wipes :)

Great ROM! You can even reply from the notification!!! Though I had to uninstall some preinstalled apps and disable Google Play services to reduce battery consumption.

Guest fonz93

Can someone try this modified framework.jar? http://www.mediafire.com/download/8g472u36ndhy6et/New_Framework.zip, report if it gives performance in games, smoother UI or what do you notice after flashing this... i am trying to modify stock .jar to make the UI of the stock ROM as fast as the CM10 UI, in this first step i copied the whole opengl code in framework.jar from the cm10, i don't know if is good or not, but i am only trying to.. i don't know if it will work in the future

THIS ONLY WORKS ON THIS ROM

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

@ kevinbartolome

Apparently Google Play Services has a bug in the latest version that'll drain battery if you've got location settings enabled.

@ fonz93

Likely lib related more the framework, since the changes are very minor in that area.

AOSP: https://github.com/android/platform_frameworks_base/commits/jb-release/opengl/java/android/opengl

CM: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/commits/cm-10.1/opengl/java/android/opengl

Guest fonz93

I don't know what huawei did, but surely changed something (don't know where), because the UI hardware rendering is not as the other phones with same and lower spec, we can see that trying cm10, it has a more fast and smooth (A LOT) UI than the stock ROM, i tried to do all in the past without results, i am trying again to do something, because i really hate this huawei's policy

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

Personally I don't really find CM10 that much smoother. The only thing that sometimes may appear smoother to me is the notification menu dropdown animation. Changing the speed of them animations does have an effect towards the smoothness though. If, however, the GPU is being limited for UI rendering then the issue will be in the libs since I've already reverted all of Huawei's changes for rendering in the framework. It's much like how they control audio or bluetooth. And you can't take the libs from CM because the functions and how they're used are different from stock.

Guest fonz93

The only thing that sometimes may appear smoother to me is the notification menu dropdown animation.

Exactly, it is like 50-60 fps, i see a big difference between cm and stock rom..this affects app drawer smoothness too, i think this is how the phone should be (as i said phones with same or lower specs have the same smoothness in notification drawer, i don't know why our phone can't have this smoothness too), but, if you said that this is a lib thing, we can't do so much

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

I really like this rom,but sometimes apps are opening extremely slow,and the same thing is happening to notifications bar.

What i am talking about is related to another thing

Edited by fonz93

Guest Y300-0100

Can someone try this modified framework.jar? http://www.mediafire.com/download/8g472u36ndhy6et/New_Framework.zip, report if it gives performance in games, smoother UI or what do you notice after flashing this... i am trying to modify stock .jar to make the UI of the stock ROM as fast as the CM10 UI, in this first step i copied the whole opengl code in framework.jar from the cm10, i don't know if is good or not, but i am only trying to.. i don't know if it will work in the future

THIS ONLY WORKS ON THIS ROM

thx. now antutu 7957

Guest H3ROS

I've got no idea why it'd do that. It's normal speed here, so do you have any services running in the background or have you installed any apps to your SD card?

Go to developer settings and enable the option to show CPU usage. That'll show you why they're slow to load.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest thetonyxx

I dont know why but on this rom with stock aosp/ modding kernel the systen opens apps very slowly

whit modding kernel antutu report very low I/O points compared to cesteal kernel :wacko:

Guest MarioKralj

#fonz -  tried your framework, same results on antutu.. and dunno, scrolling and that stuff is pretty much same, like usual

Guest H3ROS

That's actually the most common buffer size for the SD cards. Work's great if you've got a class 10 card, but it might not if you've got something basic.

Guest ZolaIII

That's actually the most common buffer size for the SD cards. Work's great if you've got a class 10 card, but it might not if you've got something basic.

Lol it kills write speed! Maximum is logical block size & in this case that is 512Kb.

Your OOM setting are wrong by the way.

I will send you tomorrow a closed test kernel with settings to try if you want?

It's not for public use as it's work in progress (we started to update kernels graphics infrastructure...).

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest H3ROS

Lol it kills write speed! Maximum is logical block size & in this case that is 512Kb.

Your OOM setting are wrong by the way.

I will send you tomorrow a closed test kernel with settings to try if you want?

It's not for public use as it's work in progress (we started to update kernels graphics infrastructure...).

Try an SD benchmark tool and you'll see for yourself. I've used 2048 for all of my ROM's and it increases both the read and write.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04/04/increase-your-sd-card-read-speeds-by-100-200-with-a-simple-tweak-hands-on-benchmarks/

I'm using the stock OOM settings at the moment because like I've said recently, my focus is the ROM and not the kernel. I'll be updating the kernel once I've fixed bluetooth in calls.

I'll test a kernel, but I've got no plans to switch to Synopsis until it's stable. At the moment it's being changed too often and one user reprorted a random reboot only when using Synopsis. That plus I can't get anywhere near this score with Synopsis

post-954400-0-63959100-1403648420_thumb.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Tommy21

I won't change this rom,because it has all the features i need.

Ram consumption is great,battery consumption is pretty much ok,but i do believe it can be a little smoother.

I've used modding's kernel,but in some moments phone would slow down and becam useless.

Yes and i've had one random reboot,so i returned back to heros kernel.

Guest ZolaIII

Well mate I am getting around 7950 on Antutu now with dirty stock B194 ROM & without any OC. I did optimize it for real usage not high benchmarking numbers.

I know Castles kernel as I did help in making of it same as I am helping with Synopsis now.

I asked you to test it & you refused.

Offered as honored!

& that with 2048KB of cache is so funny!

Guest H3ROS

I didn't refuse, I just said that it won't become the ROM's default kernel because it's not stable yet. That plus moddingg33k doesn't want to add a lot of the features I want in a kernel, so I'll probably fork it once it's stable.

My benchmark wasn't optimized or anything. That's done with out of the box settings for my ROM. It can get that high not just because of the kernel, but because I've undone a lot of Huawei's changes.

The 2048KB cache works as it's not limited like you say it is. You may not believe it but there's a dozen benchmark tools that prove that it works, plus there's a lot of other ROM's, articles and comments demonstrating it. It basically makes your SD card run at the speed it would on your PC. It runs slower by default with Android because Android limits it to just 128KB.

Edited by H3ROS