[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

That'd be why. I like the newer version though since it has many more features and it looks nicer visually. The only downside being that it needs Google Play Services to function, but that's not exactly a bad thing because it doesn't take that much RAM. Keeping in mind that unused RAM is wasted RAM on Android.

Guest thetonyxx

Keeping in mind that unused RAM is wasted RAM on Android.

google play services and new featur of youtube app 5.0 + in usefull for mè :D

Guest dus40

I still have lots of lags and freeze. I tried with synopsis and cextel kernel but it's the same. I tried fonz93 framework but nothing changed. Am i the only one ? I don't have this kind of problem with other stock rom (fusionx, gamer v3x, essential). Thx

Guest H3ROS

Go to developer options and change the animation scale to .75x or 1x. But it seems you're the only person who has mentioned lag, especially after a change of kernels.

Guest Domino2115

I still have lots of lags and freeze. I tried with synopsis and cextel kernel but it's the same. I tried fonz93 framework but nothing changed. Am i the only one ? I don't have this kind of problem with other stock rom (fusionx, gamer v3x, essential). Thx

I had same problems.

Guest Y300-0100

Go to developer options and change the animation scale to .75x or 1x. But it seems you're the only person who has mentioned lag, especially after a change of kernels.

change of kernel? Mine is Sun Jun 1 22:15:56.

is there a new?

Guest H3ROS

There must be an app or something that some of you have got installed that's having an impact on your performance because this should perform better than all other stock ROM's. And for me there's no lag with anything. The launchers smooth, menus are smooth, apps seem fine and even the browsers good. Like just for a performance example; FusionX scores less in the benchmarks, it's not zipaligned so it wastes memory, it's SystemUI gets killed when it's low on memory, it doesn't make use of frandom which can cause the UI to be laggy, it logs a ton of error messages and it passes through many Huawei code changes which all reduce performance.

So where is the "lag" that a few of you say you have? It's certainly not constant because more people would notice it. And if you're restoring data or modifying the ROM in any way then that could very well be why there's lag for you.

Here's a few tests you can do. If one of them doesn't work then try the next.

1. Go to /system/etc/init.d/ and cut 01extra and paste it to your SD card and then reboot. Is that any better?

2. Try the stock B200 kernel. I've only added init.d support, so you'll lose overclocking, frandom and more.

3. Wipe every partition apart from your SD card and then install the ROM like you normally would, but rather than rebooting go back to the main screen and format the cust partition and the data partition (it's important to do both) and then reboot.

If you do #3 then you'll be missing Xposed and GravityBox, but the phone will also skip the Huawei cust partition. That'll mean that it's setup exactly the same as FusionX would be.

So if you say you have lag then I need to know the following.

• What phone are you using (Y300-0100, Y300-0151 or G510)
  • What recovery do you have installed (TWRP or CWM)
  • What apps you've installed
  • What were you doing on the phone when it started to lag
  • How much free RAM does it say you've got while you're lagging
  • Did the lag stop if you held down the home button and then pressed the button at the top right

There's also a setting under the developer options that will display the CPU usage and expose what's making things slow. So if someone could provide me with actual info then I might know how to fix your problem.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest rederik75

I have lags too. It's really strange... everything seems so smooth and stable till a certain point, then it suddenly becomes really laggy. For example, few min. ago it took at least 60/90 seconds to start tapatalk and reach this forum....

Guest H3ROS

Did you install the ROM today via one of the links in the first post?

The original version of the ROM had an issue with calendar sync (AOSP), but I fixed it. If you download the update in the first post it'll bring you up to date if you're not already.

You might need to clear data from calendar, calendar storage and Google calendar sync. When you then resync it should be working for you, although you may need to remove the checkmark and then add it back.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest barnir

Just for a question all of you guys who have lags, use any facebook or skype installed? cause for me this 2 look a bit heavy and sometimes they cause lag to me :\

Guest Picvajzmen

I have lags too. It's really strange... everything seems so smooth and stable till a certain point, then it suddenly becomes really laggy. For example, few min. ago it took at least 60/90 seconds to start tapatalk and reach this forum....

yeah, i also didnt have lags all the time, only at some points, just like you said. but i mostly solved those with modding33s kernel.. but i gotta say that for example, chrome is still a bit slow and lagy but not as slow as it was with h3ros kernel.

Guest dus40

I to do have lags,synopsis kernel worked for 2-3 days,and after that same situation.

There must be an app or something that some of you have got installed that's having an impact on your performance because this should perform better than all other stock ROM's. And for me there's no lag with anything. The launchers smooth, menus are smooth, apps seem fine and even the browsers good. Like just for a performance example; FusionX scores less in the benchmarks, it's not zipaligned so it wastes memory, it's SystemUI gets killed when it's low on memory, it doesn't make use of frandom which can cause the UI to be laggy, it logs a ton of error messages and it passes through many Huawei code changes which all reduce performance.

So where is the "lag" that a few of you say you have? It's certainly not constant because more people would notice it. And if you're restoring data or modifying the ROM in any way then that could very well be why there's lag for you.

Here's a few tests you can do. If one of them doesn't work then try the next.

1. Go to /system/etc/init.d/ and cut 01extra and paste it to your SD card and then reboot. Is that any better?

2. Try the stock B200 kernel. I've only added init.d support, so you'll lose overclocking, frandom and more.

3. Wipe every partition apart from your SD card and then install the ROM like you normally would, but rather than rebooting go back to the main screen and format the cust partition and the data partition (it's important to do both) and then reboot.

If you do #3 then you'll be missing Xposed and GravityBox, but the phone will also skip the Huawei cust partition. That'll mean that it's setup exactly the same as FusionX would be.

So if you say you have lag then I need to know the following.

• What phone are you using (Y300-0100, Y300-0151 or G510)
  • What recovery do you have installed (TWRP or CWM)
  • What apps you've installed
  • What were you doing on the phone when it started to lag
  • How much free RAM does it say you've got while you're lagging
  • Did the lag stop if you held down the home button and then pressed the button at the top right
There's also a setting under the developer options that will display the CPU usage and expose what's making things slow. So if someone could provide me with actual info then I might know how to fix your problem.
I try #1 and #2 but still the same. I will try #3 but it would take more time because i will have to re-install and set all.

I use y300 with twrp v2.6.3.3. When phone is lagging i'm about 40mb of free ram. The lags don't stop when kill all recent apps. With cpu displayed' process on top are : mmcqd/0 and system_server.

Thx

Guest H3ROS

mmcqd/0 is normally to do with your SD card. If it's low on space or slightly corrupt it'll cause lag. So as a test try removing your SD card.

Guest Y300-0100

• H3ROS I don`t think that init.d is working but it works much smoother. It`s does not execute my cron job.
  • For ones who use chrome. i installed one that comes with stock rom and I did not update it so it works fast and with no lag. 

Guest rederik75

I'm testing modding kernel, the "stockish" one, without GPU OC...

It seems to work good, by now: no jumps in music playback or lags while playing a 3D game, Smash Hit...

let's how it goes the next hours...

Guest H3ROS

I'll look into init.d stuff soon. I simply edited it last night and didn't verify if it actually worked as I was tired and went to sleep.

If you ever had problems with music then make sure OK Google is disabled in the launcher.

In other news my bluetooth headset was sent out on Monday from a place that's only an hour away from me, but Royal Mail still haven't delivered it. They're useless sometimes I swear.

Guest Y300-0100

And one more thing that I noticed. I see that main storage is external SD but in "System settings/Settings/Storage" is not switchable.

edit//

I know you working hard on this rom. Thanks...

Edited by Y300-0100

Guest H3ROS

AOSP doesn't have an option to change the install location. By default it's set to auto meaning that it'll only give you the option to move apps to external storage if the app states that it supports it. That way there's less issues as something like GravityBox isn't allowed to be installed to the SD card.

You can change the install behaviour with an app such as Link2SD.

Guest xxirioxx

Did you install the ROM today via one of the links in the first post?

The original version of the ROM had an issue with calendar sync (AOSP), but I fixed it. If you download the update in the first post it'll bring you up to date if you're not already.

You might need to clear data from calendar, calendar storage and Google calendar sync. When you then resync it should be working for you, although you may need to remove the checkmark and then add it back.

No, because I didn't know there was a new version :D In google drive last modification date is 22 June...

So do I to download the ROM again?