[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Everything at default, since it'll then behave exactly the same as the stock ROM which means good battery life and performance.

It sucks that I'm forced to use the stock kernel due to Huawei if I want to deliver a 100% rock solid ROM, but at least the stock kernel isn't that bad. It's actually pretty good. It's just a shame that it's missing some features, but I might be able to work around that problem if I can get it to load some custom modules.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest barnir

I have a bug that doesn't really bother me but i will inform you xd

Sometimes the lights from the buttons on bottom of the screen (back, home and options) just stay turned off and after a while they will be back to normal

Happened right now while adding a contact from 1 SMS to 1 of my current contacts on my list 

Guest H3ROS

That's not actually a bug. The light sensor will make the buttons glow only if you're in a dull or dark area. If you're in daylight though then they won't glow, since they don't need to.

Guest barnir

That's not actually a bug. The light sensor will make the buttons glow only if you're in a dull or dark area. If you're in daylight though then they won't glow, since they don't need to.

ohh i didnt noticed before :O thats nice then and sorry xd

Guest porozex

@ Syssx420

Hey,

Scrolling in Shuttle has been okay for me, but I have a lot of custom audio files that don't have album art so maybe that's why. But the reason I use Shuttle over Apollo is because Apollo is kind of buggy in general. Like album art in Apollo doesn't update fast, it's lower quality and you can sometimes end up with the wrong album art displayed in notfications. Shuttle on the other hand looks good and the devs constantly making improvements. I love it's UI animations too :)

In some areas I've already spent an hour or two manually copying over translations from newer versions of Android, so I'd like to avoid that. I'll release updates for almost anything as long as someone provides the translations though.

@ StewieTech

In that case you'll need the latest version of Synopsis as the lowest the stock kernel goes is 196 Mhz. The battery life is still very good though.

@ porozex

Weird. I've never had that issue, but having said that I don't run a lot of heavy apps. Having something like Skype, Facebook, Facebook chat and WhatsApp would be bound to run into some issues though.

I can easily make Viper unkillable, but if you go to developer options and limit the background process limit to 2 at most does that help? I'm just curious is all, since that should free up more memory.

ofc it will be better. but usually this happens in games or when multitasking :S with swap partition gets better but still in some cases gets killed

Guest matteussz_

I have a bug where i can't use the "Prevent Running Force Closed" Xposed module, it force closes when I start it. It's working on B199 roms, but I don't want to change, can you look into it?
I have a log of the FC, but I don't understand much of it:

07-06 03:23:04.279 I/SmartKeyboardPro(3253): Trying to load dictionary: HU
07-06 03:23:05.589 I/SmartKeyboardPro(3253): Trying to load dictionary: HU
07-06 03:23:06.869 E/WifiHW  (439): wifi_send_command : SIGNAL_POLL ; interface index=0;
07-06 03:23:08.199 E/Trace   (3792): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
07-06 03:23:08.209 W/dalvikvm(3792): Refusing to reopen boot DEX '/system/framework/hwframework.jar'
07-06 03:23:08.259 W/dalvikvm(3792): VFY: unable to resolve static field 158 (CONTENT_URI) in Landroid/provider/Settings$Global;
07-06 03:23:08.669 E/dalvikvm(439): GC_CONCURRENT freed 1843K, 19% free 19107K/23495K, paused 5ms+6ms, total 99ms
07-06 03:23:09.199 E/dalvikvm(439): GC_CONCURRENT freed 1854K, 19% free 19095K/23495K, paused 16ms+7ms, total 128ms
07-06 03:23:09.409 I/Choreographer(3792): Skipped 31 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
07-06 03:23:09.439 I/ActivityManager(439): Displayed me.piebridge.forcestopgb/.SettingActivity: +1s304ms
07-06 03:23:09.879 E/WifiHW  (439): wifi_send_command : SIGNAL_POLL ; interface index=0;
07-06 03:23:10.949 W/lights  (439): TP Button Light current value is 0 
07-06 03:23:10.949 W/lights  (439): button_backlight:property_get,percent =20
07-06 03:23:11.999 I/SmartKeyboardPro(3253): Trying to load dictionary: HU
07-06 03:23:12.489 W/lights  (439): TP Button Light current value is 255 
07-06 03:23:12.489 W/lights  (439): button_backlight:property_get,percent =20

Guest H3ROS

Well the good news is that I can get it to error myself, so I'll see it I can compile the module and debug it that way. It's ironic though that an app designed to keep apps running after a force close actually force closes itself ^_^

Guest H3ROS

I reverted a few files to B199 to test things and it still errors. So with the B199 ROM you used, are you sure it's using the latest version of Xposed?

Guest H3ROS

The error given makes no sense since the reference comes from GravityBox. There's then a NoSuchElementException error which links to TreeMap, but TreeMap matches what's in B199. Also if I use the whole B199 framework then the errors still the same, so at this point I'm looking at the app as the issue and not the ROM.

It's supposed to be a module designed for Gingerbread that's untested on everything else. That plus looking at the XDA thread there's been compatibility issues with Huawei in the past.

Guest Sportfreunde

How do I optimize battery life? Greenify and Autokiller Memory Optimizer? Will using a CPU control like NoFrills make a difference or should I leave it as is? And is there any way to add a camera to the lock screen? GravityBox doesn't show the option.

Nice stable rom, went to this after trying ExpertV4 and Slimkat which were kinda laggy for me and certain things didn't work like Netflix on Expert, seems to be an improvement over FusionX as well.

Edited by Sportfreunde

Guest H3ROS

Some people will say that Greenify helps, but I like to manage things myself. Like I don't leave mobile data enabled and I'll instead use WiFi with the network set to 2G when at home. Bluetooth and GPS are also turned off 99% of the time too. With that you should have great battery life, certainly better than CM or SlimKat at least.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

With wifi on at home, and 2G otherwise, bt and gps always off, I usually have at least 6-7 hours of screen time. I don't use any of these apps, I've frozen some system packages with Titanium, and that's it.

Guest matteussz_

It's just with this ROM, with other ROMs I had around 4 hours. But now I'm at ~5 hours of screen time and I still have 54% left.

Guest H3ROS

Doesn't the G510 have a larger battery than the Y300? I would of thought that it does to make up for the extra screen size and slightly more powerful CPU. My Y300 has a 1950mAh (rated) battery.

@ matteussz_

I think I've found the problem. If you change an apps OOM value then the app will crash. You could say it's due to a buggy Xposed app, but the OOM values are loaded via changes Huawei made to the cust partition. Since they're not very important I'll see if I can undo Huawei's changes to the framework so that people don't have to reflash the whole ROM.

Guest matteussz_

Thanks, that'd be great, but it seems that this ROM works properly without this module too, so it's not that important.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Doesn't the G510 have a larger battery than the Y300? I would of thought that it does to make up for the extra screen size and slightly more powerful CPU. My Y300 has a 1950mAh (rated) battery.

G510 battery is 1750mAh, bigger screen and more cpu, that is why it drain battery faster than our Y300

Guest Romagnolo1973

I don't use bluetooth calls, so, what is the best kernel for this ROM? Stock, synopsis or cexstel?

Cexstel give you more settings available, sinopsys is not stable yet