[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

@H3ROS

Oh,ok. I remember from Gingerbread days, there were max 2 google services running i background, and they take only about 20mb, now there are 3 or 4 running, taking over 50mb. Why is that now?

Guest SIMONPRO

I think that the version you described would be sooooo good since we do not have so much ram!

With that rom you would satisfy everyone!!

Anyway, again, thanks for your time spent on this rom!

I mentioned this to moddingg33k the other night as I've actually been toying with the idea of doing a lite version of the ROM. I'd remove Android Firewall, Gmail, Google Search, Google Play Services, News & Weather, Shuttle, ViPER4Android FX and YouTube. They're all apps that can be downloaded and easily installed again, but they suck up a lot RAM at times.

I'm not sure how much interest people would have in a slimmed down version. Honestly though I've found that if you remove most of the Google apps that you can download via the Play Store then you can have over 200MB of free RAM. The biggest slowdown seems to come from Google Play Services and Google Search constantly taking 8MB+ of RAM.

i think it will be easier if some one can remove app he dont like and left with the one he want. i am using greenify to stop some app i dont want to run in background and i just stop using facebook and facebook messager i found them to slow down my phone a lot of time even if i turn off notification and refresh on facebook. this is one of the beautiful rom i ever used and i am using it with two or one little issue.

this is the list of apps i have:

android firewall, androidify,appy geek, camera 360,catlog,chess free,clean master,dolphin browser,greenify,google+,keep,linkedin,instagram,mx player,opera mini,piano tiles,picsart,skype,swiftkey,telegram,terra music,textra,twitter,ub reader,viber,wakelock detector,whatsapp,youtube and other that come with the rom

Guest LotR656

If ever tracked Facebook in Greenify, every app that can be linked with Facebook wake up Facebook app. I looked in permissions for cernatin app and i didnt find option to disable that.

My suggestion is to remove Swiftkey keyboard. Once i looked in Setting>Apps and i found it takes ~85MB.

Guest CyberArtZ

I'm having this annoying problem today with the default Google keyboard. It seems to be keep pressing the last pressed key for a while or It may press the same key twice or many times.

for example it types the word 'Hello' like this 'Hhheelloo' 

this is not happening when using the swiftkey or other third party keyboards that I tried. I use this fantastic ROM as my daily driver since the first release. this is the first time i had this issue and I'm using the default kernel. also tried with Synopsis kernel but this problem persists.

@SIMONPRO

There are alot of facebook alternatives, like Tinfoil or Facebook Browser you know, give them a try.

@CyberArtz

Its working ok for me, maybe youre typing really fast so you press one letter few times :D

Are you using apps to simulate Heads-Up notifications? or apps that use accessibility settings?

Guest lolletto

I'm having this annoying problem today with the default Google keyboard. It seems to be keep pressing the last pressed key for a while or It may press the same key twice or many times.

this is not happening when using the swiftkey or other third party keyboards that I tried. I use this fantastic ROM as my daily driver since the first release. this is the first time i had this issue and I'm using the default kernel. also tried with Synopsis kernel but this problem persists.

I nave the same problem

Guest CyberArtZ

Are you using apps to simulate Heads-Up notifications? or apps that use accessibility settings?

Noop. just stock apps and few games. And I can remember similar issue occurred in CM 10.1 after installing Heads-Up notification as you mentioned (Key press delay), However now I reinstalled the ROM. no keyboard issue so far

this is not happening when using the swiftkey or other third party keyboards that I tried. I use this fantastic ROM as my daily driver since the first release. this is the first time i had this issue and I'm using the default kernel. also tried with Synopsis kernel but this problem persists.

Googles actually released 3 versions of the keyboard in the last 3 days. Are you using the very latest version?

I actually need to repack the ROM with the updated keyboard again.

Guest CyberArtZ

Googles actually released 3 versions of the keyboard in the last 3 days. Are you using the very latest version?

No. I didn't update it. also sometimes I saw there's a minor issue in recent call times. Sometimes recent Call time is not updating frequently. For example If I took a call 10 min.s ago it shows as 2mins ago and it doesn't update until I restart the phone.

I actually need to repack the ROM with the updated keyboard again.

H3ROS dude i know you have already got too much on your schedule now a days but if you could tell me is this a possible port for our device

???

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372625-htc-desire-300-has-same-hardware-as-huawei-y300/

It'll use different libs and will have code scattered all over the framework. It's very difficult to port some ROM's when they're not from the same manufacturer, even if the hardware is similar. Like it could have a different display, different light sensor, different speaker, changes made to it's kernel and framework.

Edited by H3ROS

It'll use different libs and will have code scattered all over the framework. It's very difficult to port some ROM's when they're not from the same manufacturer, even if the hardware is similar. Like it could have a different display, different light sensor, different speaker, changes made to it's kernel and framework.

:( i know its hard... but you are my only hope for this port...can't ask anyone else.. i know you have health issues and a busy routine.. but still :( plzzzzzz say that you can do this port. :ph34r:

:( i know its hard... but you are my only hope for this port...can't ask anyone else.. i know you have health issues and a busy routine.. but still :( plzzzzzz say that you can do this port. :ph34r:

You cant ask him to do something that is barelly possible. As he said manufacturer makes this roms specially for their devices, so they changed a lot of stuff to fit their devices better. And you have a few ports of BlinkFeed on xda, check that out.

Guest lolletto

this is not happening when using the swiftkey or other third party keyboards that I tried. I use this fantastic ROM as my daily driver since the first release. this is the first time i had this issue and I'm using the default kernel. also tried with Synopsis kernel but this problem persists.

I solved the problem: disable greenify in the accessibility menu

You cant ask him to do something that is barelly possible. As he said manufacturer makes this roms specially for their devices, so they changed a lot of stuff to fit their devices better. And you have a few ports of BlinkFeed on xda, check that out.

yes krux3r you are right...