How much RAM does this phone (Huawei Ascend Y300) have?

I would just like to ask how much RAM this phone has because on every websites I stumbled upon, it says "512 MB RAM". But based on the picures in this forum, it says it only has "3xx MB of RAM". How much RAM does it really hold?

Guest H3ROS

It does have the 512MB, but some of it's reserved. You then have a bunch of system apps that need to run, so you end up with 150MB or less to work with.

The low memory killer handles things well, but obviously you can't have a ton of heavy apps running in the background else you may experience some lag.

Guest H3ROS

Huawei disabled hardware acceleration for the SystemUI. ROM's such as my own re-enable it and it does improve things, but it's still not buttery smooth. It's not due to RAM but due to what Huawei has done to the ROM as a whole.

Edited by H3ROS

Okay, that explains everything. Since I'm planning to root my phone and install custom ROM in it, any ROM that features HWA and a stock look (Stock Android)?

Anyway, thanks for the replies. :)

Guest H3ROS

Okay, that explains everything. Since I'm planning to root my phone and install custom ROM in it, any ROM that features HWA and a stock look (Stock Android)?

Anyway, thanks for the replies. :)

My own? That's got hardware acceleration enabled and it's stock Android. It's built off of B200 too so it's newer than the rest and it has every known bug fixed.

My own? That's got hardware acceleration enabled and it's stock Android. It's built off of B200 too so it's newer than the rest and it has every known bug fixed.

Could I have the link?