[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [15/03/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest fonz93

fonz, I have a question: What toolchain do you use for compile the ROM?

For the ROM, the standard Google toolchain, for the kernel: https://github.com/Christopher83/arm-cortex-linux-gnueabi-linaro_4.9

Question Fonz, i flashed the High Audio Flashable CM10.1 Zip but i don't hear any difference in volume, i wiped cache and dalvic cache before flashing the .zip.

Probably because i changed the kernel

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

Can you try compiling the ROM with Linaro 4.7/4.8 just for testing purposes?

I tried in the past but i got many errors, i'll try again

Guest dammann

Hi fonz!

I'm using your updated ROM and i noticed some performance increase, especially free RAM due to deletion of system apps. Great work!

But what happend to the DSP-Manager? I loved that one!

I also tried installing the app manually by putting it in the system/app folder (rw-r-r) and it appears in the app drawer but unfortunately it has no effect at all on the music.

Any ideas?

Greetings,

DA

Guest fonz93

Hi fonz!

I'm using your updated ROM and i noticed some performance increase, especially free RAM due to deletion of system apps. Great work!

But what happend to the DSP-Manager? I loved that one!

I also tried installing the app manually by putting it in the system/app folder (rw-r-r) and it appears in the app drawer but unfortunately it has no effect at all on the music.

Any ideas?

Greetings,

DA

Because it needs other files too, i'll make a flashable .zip for peoples that want DSP. I deleted it because i prefer Viper4android.

Guest fonz93

For peoples that want it, DSP manager can be installed using the flashable .zip linked in the first post.

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

If you don't describe the error how can we unserstand what is the cause?, i can suggest you to use TWRP instead of CWM and download the ROM .zip again

Guest dammann

Hi people.

I had a small conversation with fonz yesterday about this ad-featured google-drive links and told him that I would rather donate some money than clicking links that potentially install trojans on our systems. I'm sure I am not the only one...

He put up a PayPal donation link, so PLEASE, be kind an donate a small amount!

Greets

DA

Guest fonz93

@fonz...is there a link for downloading viper4android as system app?

No, but what's the difference? you can install it easily as user app

Edited by fonz93

Guest clickmeplz

No, but what's the difference? you can install it easily as user app

Actually,no difference , just like to use the rom as a full package of every needed system app. can i use viper4android from B209 AOSP mod?

Guest fonz93

Actually,no difference , just like to use the rom as a full package of every needed system app. can i use viper4android from B209 AOSP mod?

Yes, but if you want to use it as system/app, you have to modify audio_effects.xml too and correctly place libraries in the right places

Edited by fonz93

Guest ferotakis

Im give up with this rom for now ... Today flashed new build to see that video issue and guess what ? Now its even worse :( When scrooling on facebook if video with that bugged codec is come in on the timeline the entire app and phone freeze and ask for FC . Same is in tumblr too ... Its sad coz this rom is the best one in the World for Y300 and works soo smooth and perfect ... But that video is ruin it all. In Twich app when streamer is turbo and got source and Hight /mid /low /mobile choises of hes stream its work but when its no turbo user and dont resized his stream from obs to 2.00 (480x .. ) its just end up with black screen. Today on FB messenger my vioce does not heared in first time then work then stop working again .... Idk too many stupid things wich just f up my pleasure from that rom. Idk how in the f all core needed features work like it be on AOSP but there cant . It is somehow posiable to get core features from AOSP and speed and flawlessnes from that CM and put it in one ROM ????

Guest fonz93

You probably don't know how building/modifying a ROM works, you can't just port things from other ROMs and woilà.. all working.

First of all, it's normal that if Twitch default stream it's set to "source" or "high", you get a black screen on your device, because our device doesn't support formats higher than 480p, this doesn't work on stock too and it's totally normal.

I haven't any problem with Facebook videos, it's all working fine here, i don't use tumblr and i can't say what's wrong with it.

I tested FB messenger on Y300 a month ago or something and it was working perfectly, only G510 users reported that is not working as they got dual mic and i didn't manage to fix it yet.

Building a CyanogenMod (or Slim, AOKP etc..) it's not as working on a stock based ROM where all is already working, Kra1o5 managed to make a CyanogenMod device tree for us starting from zero, Huawei only released the kernel source (more or less).. and he got to fix all of the bugs himself or with some help from Dazzozo and other devs, he almost got all working, i fixed something related to OMX too, but we're not programmers of the CyanogenMod team or companies, if something didn't get fixed until now, it's probably that won't or that i can't, simply because companies does not release sources for the ROM part.

However, you all are able to report bugs but no one tried to post a logcat even if i wrote it in the first post, (only somebody did) or trying to give me some solutions. I am not a magician and neither a programmer.

FOR ALL: From now, i won't even give an answer for peoples that don't post a logcat.

If some bugs didn't get fixed it's because i can't, you all can be sure that i tried to fix all the issues present on this ROM (GPS wakelock, dual mic on G510, problem with videos, codecs etc..), but it's not easy as i am a beginner, if you're better than me you can fix it yourself.

Edited by fonz93

Guest ferotakis

OMG ! Calm down dude . I just tell you that things are you mentioned been fixed are not fixed. On AOSP for your info Twitch app work without doubth no mather what coz the app api itself determinate phone display resolution and resize source for it in CM i thing api cant read something and got us black screen . Idk how much time you spend on FB but just sub for fail army fb page and you will got what i mean. I dont tell you that you are beginer or any sort of that even opposite - i tell you that you ROM it the best one for Huawei Y300 in the World but that video playback issue is ruin the fun of it . Idk what do you compile or mix or mergee but there i believe is just one stupid and simply issue that causing it and i know that coz im (for my sad) Windows programer not into Android and linux and dont get most of things you may be already know for it but i know that when i download for example on fresh instaled Windows 8.1 an mkv video file its just show me '' what the hell is that file and how can I open it'' then i go and just download K-lite or CCCP codecs and woalla - file rooling and from that point of thought i believe this is just some stupid codec ( code , tree , wrong entry somewhere idk) issue that when start the certaing video format HANGS and ruin the phone - in fact its just broke down the media ( when this bug appear phone lose ring too only vibrate till reboot ) I dont put log there coz its pointless coz when this happen there is nothing in logcat , logcast , logdump and etc . Its just happen and im not yalling on you im just pissed of coz i cant catch what causes it and cant pass it to you to fix it ... You are the dev im the user you know . 
For facebook messenger today i found that video issue cause it too . I was scrooling on fb there was video wich dont run but dont give me FC and dont brake audo too coz i was able to hear watsapp nottifications but then i just make a call on messenger and dont hear and cant be heared ... then after my bro come home i call him again and now all was ok but in that time i was rebooted the phone once already . Idk for real what is that stupid issue for real :(

Guest juanpablocastillo

[...]On AOSP for your info Twitch app work without doubth no mather what coz the app api itself determinate phone display resolution and resize source for it in CM[...]

Twitch app fails sometimes on stock too.

Guest fonz93

It's not what are you saying, it's not a codec issue, but a framework/av problem (we already made some fix on it), forget the stupid thing about display resolution api etc, the app read the platform, not api's or type of ROM.

Twitch app can't reproduce on "source" or "high" quality even on stock based ROMs, and it's that for sure, because me and H3ROS managed to make it work for "high" quality and we didn't get results... you can reproduce only on "medium" quality on this device.

Edited by fonz93

Guest juanpablocastillo

I think you are underestimating you fonz. You was able to track and fix random reboots on 4.3+, for example.