Help Updating CM11 in Huawei G510

Guest graggn

Hi, this is my first tread and I'll try to be as specific as possible.

I've followed the instructions to install CM11 in my phone. There was no problem that first time and I installed succesfully. The problem started when I tried to use the CM updater to update tol one of the newest nightlies.

The file was downloaded and the update started to be installed. It was going OK but it suddenly stopped half the way in the installation. Then my screen freezed and nothing was happening. I waited and saw nothing so I removed the battery and turned on the phone, this time it remained in a bootloop. So I entered the recovery and tried to flash the ROM manually. Same thing happened as before. Fortunately I backed up and re downloaded the file, in case the file was corrupted, when tried to flash it same thing happened.

Now I can't update my CM version either downloading the file mannually or via the updater. Please help me find a solution, sometimes I couldn't even backup my files. 

PS. when I tried to update for the first time my phone was charging, so the LED light was on, when the screen freezes the LED light turns on wether I am charging the phone or not.

Thank you for your help.

Something is messed up with your case :wacko:

Go to stock with update.app

Reflash Recovery and Root

Then flash CM11 then...probably the Update.app solves Weird issue :lol:

Thanks for the reply!. Using update.app will I need to reinstall recovery and root? What other 4.4 based RoMs do you recommend? Or is it just necessary to reinstall the recovery?