[ROM][4.4.2] Micromax Canvas Nitro A310 - rooted & decrappified

Guest Arpione

This is based on the stock rom posted by slime00. Don't get your hopes up guys, this is still not the holy grail of KK roms, it has bugs, but I thought I'll share it so you can test it if you want.

Added:

Mobile Uncle Tools (030 only)

Titanium Backup (030 only)

SuperSU + root

Removed:

Everything useless

Download links:

031 kernel - you only need this if you downloaded the 031 version before 21 November 2014 16:20:00 GMT (or you're a freak who wants to use 030 with the new kernel :P)

Edited by Arpione

Pros:

It's Kitkat (not that I care but many seem to:))

It's not ported so it might be more stable and functional in the long run than ported roms

Quicker than stock CoolUI roms, launcher is a modified stock launcher

Cons:

Brightness adjustment is bugged

Long press on home button opens Google Search, the task manager thingy can be opened by long pressing on menu button

Fairly hight memory usage compared to jonzalvo's JB PURE AOSP

Edited by Arpione

ok, after a couple of hours i have a couple of questions :)

1. what lockscreen did you use?

2. what is this camera widget you used?

3. do you plan on working this project or is this it?

bottom line - very satisfied so far. i noticed a wee bit higher power consumption but i'll atribute that to battery re-calibration i seem to be having after some problems yesterday/last night. however, the phone seems lag free, works much smoother than the other ones i tried

ok, after a couple of hours i have a couple of questions :)

1. what lockscreen did you use?

2. what is this camera widget you used?

3. do you plan on working this project or is this it?

bottom line - very satisfied so far. i noticed a wee bit higher power consumption but i'll atribute that to battery re-calibration i seem to be having after some problems yesterday/last night. however, the phone seems lag free, works much smoother than the other ones i tried

I didn't replace anything, everything you see was already in it except for Titanium Backup, MUT and SuperSU.

With the bloatware removed and the same apps + launcher I use on my jonzalvo rom it uses 1.1-1.2GB of memory, which is twice as much as on jonzalvo's rom (even the new stock KK uses only 8-900MB). With the release of the official CoolUI rom it turned out that no KK rom before used ART (whether it was ported or stock) and I don't think we need another KK project, so far neither is better than the other.

Also since it's not a ported rom there's not much to improve or fix on it, unless they release a newer version, in which case I might make a new release if it performs better than this.

After the problems you wrote I'm suprised your phone still works:D

Guest Jpower73

Brightness set manually about 25%.

I use nova launcher..

P. S. I do confirm last night's battery behavior!!

I can't explain that but the energy lasts much much more...

I'll post some more shots from other similar apks, like wakelock detector, in order to help the community..

If its fine by you...

Very happy!

Edited by Jpower73

Guest Arpione

Google "Micromax Canvas Nitro A310 xda"!?!

If you're talking about that OTG topic it doesn't work. I tried it on multiple roms with a normal and a powered cable, no luck.

It was fishy from the start to be honest, the screenshots' resolution doesn't match the phone's resolution.

Edited by Arpione

Guest dalyer

If you're talking about that OTG topic it doesn't work. I tried it on multiple roms with a normal and a powered cable, no luck.

It was fishy from the start to be honest, the screenshots' resolution doesn't match the phone's resolution.

Sorry - replied to wrong thread...  :blush:

Edit : i think we both own a magical battery.

Yours: 5 hours - > 79 % left

Mine: 4h 20 min-> 76% left

Yours: 1h 20min screen on

Mine: 3h screen on

1:20 vs 3:00 SOT is a far far away from similar :)

Guest Jpower73

3%more + plus 40 minutes of usage, brings us, much closer :).

Although, you do have a point. I'm gonna charge it to the top, perform a battery calibration (maybe useless) and check it out again. I'll post images.

Edited by Jpower73

This confuses me. I saw here on forum fellow member razorinc reporting 7 hour SOT 

on Nexus 5 AOSP rom (needrom)

I flashed that one and I won't get (according to present measuring) even near that.

Guest Jpower73

Don't trust gsam... :)

Trust this..

Screenshot_2014-10-08-23-35-01_zps6xqcwl

Don't forget that in kk roms there is an issue about battery stats and 3rd party apks. Thats why there is an Xposed module claiming to solve this problem.

Trust the one above, since it's a part of the system

Edited by Jpower73