[ROM][4.4.2] Micromax Canvas Nitro A310 - rooted & decrappified

Guest Arpione

Guest jakethedooggg

BUT... is it the same 20MB image that they are talking about?

Yes, the flashable zip of the update is about 13mb, uncompressed you get the 20mb boot.img

Yes, the flashable zip of the update is about 13mb, uncompressed you get the 20mb boot.img

Do you have a link to original OTA update zip file?

For me the one above simply looks like someone did dump/backup of his recovery partition (that's why it's size is exactly 20MB - padded with empty space since around 17MB up to end of file).

Guest jakethedooggg

Do you have a link to original OTA update zip file?

For me the one above simply looks like someone did dump/backup of his recovery partition (that's why it's size is exactly 20MB - padded with empty space since around 17MB up to end of file).

I don't my OTA updater says that my rom is up to date (it isn't) so I couldn't download it. Also m@nish123 uploaded the boot.img too.

I don't my OTA updater says that my rom is up to date (it isn't) so I couldn't download it. Also m@nish123 uploaded the boot.img too.

tushar12 packed "boot.img" from m@nish123 into flashable zip (added update-binary & updater-script for flashing it via recovery), but it's the same "boot.img" (really recovery) file.

korekore1,

if you don't believe me then go ahead - flash it & check yourself.

I tell you what I found inside - I have decompressed & analysed every part of that image (including kernel & initrd/initramfs) - verified files, their contents, init scripts, kernel symbols, etc.

Edited by xeros2

Am I getting the whole story right - kernel v3 is actually a custom recovery ???

The "boot.img" image that m@nish123 has provided & tushar12 packed into flashable zip is CWM recovery, not the right boot image from v3 ROM.

We need someone having installed that OTA update to make /dev/bootimg dump:

su -c busybox "dd if=/dev/bootimg of=/sdcard/v3_boot.img"

or if busybox is not available then at least this way:

su -c "cat /dev/bootimg" > /sdcard/v3_boot.img

assuming that he's got root... or backup via recovery.

Edited by xeros2

Guest mindtrapper

I have installed the stock v1 and then OTA updated to v3. I then rooted and tried dumping the boot.img with terminal but size was something like 130mb, so something went wrong there. Then I installed TWRP 2.8 and backed up boot and system. Then renamed the boot.emmc.win to boot.img. But size is 10mb. Shouldn't it be bigger? Anyway here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cd6wdrtcr9jyjky/boot_v3_maybe.img?dl=0

I have installed the stock v1 and then OTA updated to v3. I then rooted and tried dumping the boot.img with terminal but size was something like 130mb, so something went wrong there. Then I installed TWRP 2.8 and backed up boot and system. Then renamed the boot.emmc.win to boot.img. But size is 10mb. Shouldn't it be bigger? Anyway here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cd6wdrtcr9jyjky/boot_v3_maybe.img?dl=0

Great! Thanks mindtrapper.

This one is proper boot.img

initrd didn't change, but kernel image (zImage) inside is changed & has Android drivers.

Flashable zip: http://rghost.net/59595694

I just don't think that Mali driver brings any improvements:

malidrv:  API_VERSION=401 REPO_URL=remotes/m/master REVISION=-bc42b84 CHANGED_REVISION=bc42b84 CHANGE_DATE=2014-10-15 00:39:05 -0700 BUILD_DATE=Thu Nov  6 21:14:01 CST 2014 BUILD=debug TARGET_PLATFORM= MALI_PLATFORM= KDIR= OS_MEMORY_KERNEL_BUFFER_SIZE_IN_MB=16 USING_UMP= USING_PROFILING= USING_INTERNAL_PROFILING= USING_GPU_UTILIZATION=1 USING_POWER_PERFORMANCE_POLICY= MALI_UPPER_HALF_SCHEDULING=1

It's the same API version like on Coolpad KK ROMs + revision like on previous MMX ROMs and it's still built as DEBUG (JB ROMs had API version 20 & BUILD = RELEASE), but at least timestamp for CHANGE_DATE is updated.

Kernel version:

Linux version 3.4.67 (system4@ubuntu) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 6 21:14:59 CST 2014

Guest mindtrapper

@Arpione, I have the /system from the TWRP backup. Do you want it in order to make a decrappified version? I didn't backup /data, I think you don't need that to make a flashable zip?

Guest Arpione

@Arpione, I have the /system from the TWRP backup. Do you want it in order to make a decrappified version? I didn't backup /data, I think you don't need that to make a flashable zip?

Data isn't necessary, but I couldn't figure out a way to extract the files from a TWRP backup (google wasn't my friend either this time), so unless someone sheds some light on it I can't use it.

Nandroid manager

or this maybe

Is this any good:

For TWRP Backup

1. Transfer the TWRP backup from Phone to PC.
  2. You’ll see a file named system.ext4.win which is the System partition backup of your device. Rename it to system.ext4.tar (Changing its extension from .win to .tar)
  3. Extract the system.ext4.tar using an archive software like Winrar or 7zip.
  4. If your TWRP backup is not in compression mode, you will directly get the system folder, else you will get a file named system.ext4, which should be renamed again to system.ext4.tar and extract it to get the system folder.
  5. Take the boot.emmc.win file and rename it to boot.img.
  6. Now collect a META-INF folder from any custom ROM which is made for your device. Make sure you get the correct Meta-Inf folder, else the Zip won’t work and might worsen the condition of your device.
  7. Select the META-INF, System folders and the boot.img and right click your mouse and select add to Archive.
  8. In the Archive settings, choose the extension of the compressed file as Zip (Make sure of this part)

Now you can use this Zip file to flash it on your Custom recovery.

EDIT:

Looks too simple :D

Edited by dakok

Guest mindtrapper

I think it is that simple. I know it worked for the boot.emmc.win which I just renamed to boot.img and xeros was able to work with it. I will upload the system.img soon. Don't know if anything has changed from v2, so maybe it's not necessary but you can check it.

Guest Arpione

Nandroid manager

or this maybe

Is this any good:

EDIT:

Looks too simple :D

Damn, it is a tar file but 7zip failed to recognize it. Somehow it opened an apk file inside the tar :D I could extract it through cygwin so I could compare the v2 rom with mindtrapper's backup.

Edited by Arpione

Guest mindtrapper

Haven't uploaded the /system yet. Looks like it's not worth it. If you still want it I can let it upload overnight and post in the morning. Do you prefer it open in a simple zip? Or img?