[Poll] The Best Coolpad F1 rom is... (Outdated!)

Guest dakok

• 5 weeks later...

I wonder how useful this poll is at this stage what with so many ROMs and versions doing the rounds?

Perhaps it would be useful for people to post the ROM (and version) that they like best and use most and their main reasons why?

Plus any significant pros and cons?

Someone :)

Notice that there are no version numbers since it would be impossible to list every single release.

This is a general kind of liking - you like more CoolUI JB than KK or you like

more Baidu than Lewa.

If there is a rom that will draw much attention like Touch OS then I could add that one too

Thanks dakok.

I realise that some of this is subjective - e.g. one person may love CoolUI but another person may hate it and love AOSP etc.

But even that subjective feedback can be useful.

And even better if people can list their pet pros and cons especially known bugs) with specific ROMs.

On the other hand maybe that's asking too much...  :blush:

For example I want to go back to CoolUI but cannot figure out which may be the best bet - I'm assuming ATX rather than the original stock but then which one - e.g.

• ATX mod of stock 4.2.2 041 (i.e. based on the latest stock JB release)
  • ATX mod of stock 4.4.2 018 (i.e. based on the latest official stock KK release)
  • ATX mod of stock 4.4.2 021 (i.e. based on the latest beta stock KK release)
  • Something else...

And then even ATX seem to have more than one download for the same version (e.g. one with "htfy" in the name and one without).

Confused...  :blush:

Guest 77chedu

Given that the amount of roms available is increasing everyday, I'm not sure if this format -a poll- can shed some light on the subject and give some guidance for newcomers and the whole community for that matter. There're lots of versions by different developers that even if they get tested and someone posts something about it on the main thread or they even get to have their own thread, the feedback is smaller than it should be and it could be lost by the very forum flux and the appearance of new roms, popping out almost every day

So, I was thinking that maybe we could have something like a month's testing round, where a handful of roms could be tested thoroughly by the community, and at the end of that month get to pick a "winnner", something like an editor's pick and so on

What do you guys think?

Edited by 77chedu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK - I hate asking this but .... is there a "best" KK ROM at the moment?

Would that be official stock 018 (or variants of the same such as ATX etc.)?

Or Micromax A310?

Or something else?

Can anybody say what the main drawbacks of KK on F1 are?

I don't care about games in case that simplifies matters.

Am I correct in concluding that there's no 4.4 based Miui?

I have a bit of a dependency on KK now.

I just got a Xiaomi Mi Band fitness/exercise/sleep tracker wristband and the Mi Band app needs at least 4.4...

Edited by dalyer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest korekore1

So why don't you vote for Vanilla (for now only dakoknoe69amnesia89 voted for it :D )

it doesn't let me vote!Or to delete my previous vote

edit:this time it let me but i had to vote for 2 roms,one from the old and one from the new ones,it doesn't let me vote only one

Edited by korekore1