drivedroid help

Guest peyotitot

Guest peyotitot

Hello,

I'm currently testing of drivedroid .I'm in CM11 nigthly 04/10 with synopsis Kermel

Description
This application requires root
DriveDroid allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone. This is ideal for trying Linux distributions or always having a rescue-system on the go... without the need to burn different CDs or USB pendrives.
DriveDroid also includes a convenient download menu where you can download USB-images of a number of operating systems from your phone (like Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE and Arch Linux). Around 35 different systems are available at this moment.
You can also create blank USB-images which allows you to have a blank USB-drive. From your PC you can store files onto the USB-drive, but also use tools on your PC to write images to the drive.
Notes• This application uses features of the kernel that may or may not be available/stable on your phone. Tests have shown most phones work without problems, but please keep in mind yours might not (yet) work out-of-the-box.• Most kernels support emulating USB drives, some support emulating CD-rom drives and kernels with the right patches support both.
• Most Linux-related ISOs can be booted from USB drives, but some ISOs can only be booted from CD-rom drives or require some kind of conversion.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softwarebakery.drivedroid&hl=fr_FR

I have several problems. Xda talking about patching kermel for those under cm11 . One of you is he capable of that  ?

I would love to succeed to run this application. thank you for your help

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2196707&page=85

Guest luca020400

I added these patches to the Dazzozo kernel so i will build it and i will provide a flashbale zip with the new kernel with overdrive support

Edited by luca020400

Guest peyotitot

Hum. Better yes. I see the CD-ROM picture now. I ve always 3 msmhusb when i host a drive. And i can not manage to boot from the virtual cd. ;) it s a very cool apk.

Edited by peyotitot

• 5 months later...
Guest pyongyang

For anyone messing with this: Debian udev rules are stroppy with Drivedroid. Edit /lib/udev/rules.d/40-usb_modeswitch.rules and comment out the generic huawei device entry on line 24 . Turns out hammering your Y300 with usb_modeswitch gets you a nice crash, too. ;)

EDIT: Been playing some more with this. Contrary to peyotitot's experience, I have managed to get a boot from drivedroid but the device was detected as a USB HDD rather than a CDROM. I've spotted some suspicious looking #ifdefs on android.c at the moment.

Edited by pyongyang