[PATCH] Performance improvement patches for jonzalvo's PURE AOSP 2.0 - Updated on 2014.10.09.

Guest Arpione

Well that's what I thought so I was hoping someone who likes KK could explain it to me :)

Blue LED & properly working wpa_supplicant in corporate / Cisco WIFI networks (LEAP & PEAP with user&pass - on JB they don't work at all).

But I'm also thinking of getting back to JB, because of many other things worse on KK (& copy wpa_supplicant + deps to JB ROMs).

Blue LED & properly working wpa_supplicant in corporate / Cisco WIFI networks (LEAP & PEAP with user&pass - on JB they don't work at all).

But I'm also thinking of getting back to JB, because of many other things worse on KK (& copy wpa_supplicant + deps to JB ROMs).

Blue LED can not be used on 4.2 ROMS?

Guest BrocasHelm

Kitkat roms support more led colors. Mlais rom for example supports some other color between white and yellow. Also I've added these patches before and for some reason the quality of photos seemed similar if not worse to the default pure aosp v2 rom, while on any kitkat rom I've tried(laek v4, micromax and mlais) photos are much better.

If you enable two or three LEDs at the same time then you can get such color.

green+red=white/yellow

red+blue=pink/purple

Diodes can be enabled/disabled from shell (adb/terminal) with /sys/... pseudo-files and also custom LED notifiers can use them.

Edited by xeros2

Thanks for this answer, by the way. There's nothing there that I really care enough about to deal with to have KK so I'm happy with JB for the moment.

Other LED colours would be nice but not exactly going to change my world :p From what I've been reading here no KK ROM has been completely problem free, there seems to be issues with all of them. I'm sure a stable one will come along eventually and I'll try it then.

Guest korekore1

Thanks for this answer, by the way. There's nothing there that I really care enough about to deal with to have KK so I'm happy with JB for the moment.

Other LED colours would be nice but not exactly going to change my world :P From what I've been reading here no KK ROM has been completely problem free, there seems to be issues with all of them. I'm sure a stable one will come along eventually and I'll try it then.

the a310 has no issues and it is kitkat,the 4.4.3 seems fine too,laek v4 has a lot of users,kitkat too.Even the latest official coolUI v014 is cool!all of them have a better camera than jellybeans.So what are you talking about?!

Edited by korekore1

Well, I could say also that there are good KK ROMs, but none of them (even the most clean/pure ones) have even similar performance than JB ROMs.

It's very irritating that having nice 8-core hardware with not bad GPU could be limited by firmware/software.

This phone should, simply said, 'fly'! And if someone got used to Jonzalvo's AOSP JB or stock modded JB ROMs, changes ROM to KK then performance bottleneck is visible.

I have very good microsdhc card, and on JB it's at least 4-6 times faster (nonbuffered/not cached) than any KK ROM in both read & write performance!

I get 45-50MB/s write & 90-100MB/s read on JB!

Builtin flash performance diff is lower, but still you can feel it.

Also 3D performance diff is noticeable.

Both make KK noticeable slower in many operations.

Edited by xeros2

Guest korekore1

Well, I could say also that there are good KK ROMs, but none of them (even the most clean/pure ones) have even similar performance than JB ROMs.

It's very irritating that having nice 8-core hardware with not bad GPU could be limited by firmware/software.

This phone should, simply said, 'fly'! And if someone got used to Jonzalvo's AOSP JB or stock modded JB ROMs, changes ROM to KK then performance bottleneck is visible.

I have very good microsdhc card, and on JB it's at least 4-6 times faster (nonbuffered/not cached) than any KK ROM in both read & write performance!

I get 45-50MB/s write & 90-100MB/s read on JB!

Builtin flash performance diff is lower, but still you can feel it.

Also 3D performance diff is noticeable.

Both make KK noticeable slower in many operations.

well i only had jellybean official for a day or something,so i can't compare.I was pointing out that there are no serious bugs in kk,even none in some roms so we are lucky..!

about the sd card thing check out sd booster app from the store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mehrmann.sdbooster&hl=en

Set it to 2048,on boot,for both internal and external cards.

I saw the difference and also measured the results with sd tools app.Just play with the sd booster settings and check the changes on read/write speed that every setting does with sd tools.

Edited by korekore1

Guest slime00

about the camera, what I was thinking is: Jonzalvo's Pure is based on a ZP998 port (no Sony cam), if we find a 4.2.2 AOSP which shares the same camera sensor as the Coolpad (Sony IMX135, like THL T100s), is there a possibility of a quality improvement?

Guest Steven Seagal

Hello , What files inside the zip I need to install? . I just do not clarify well, sorry ...

Can you say me which I have to install? Thank you ...

039_camera_driver.zip

040_video_driver.zip

041_camera_driver.zip

Gallery2_flashable.zip

original_camera_driver.zip

So Jonzalvo AOSP comes with Nova Prime, latest version (upgradeable at least) but PURE comes with Prime 2.3 and I can't upgrade it to a later version (3.2 approx is the current). Has anyone done this on this ROM? Can I actually upgrade it or should I just buy Nova?

i tryed to upgrade but i cant and i have nova prime.. if you try to deinstall the version you got with the rom you cant install any other version after..

Edited by Guest

Yeah, I thought I managed to upgrade it but it was only to the regular version of Nova.

I thought it might be something to do with the odex files but I can find every odex file for every app APART from Nova so I can't delete it.

Edited by dmrtn

Guest Arpione

Because all the extra apps like nova, titanium, etc are installed in /system/vendor/operator/app. Uninstalling it with System App Remover and removing the apk from the previously mentioned folder and then copying the new apk into /system/app should work.

Edited by Arpione

Because all the extra apps like nova, titanium, etc are installed in /system/vendor/operator/app. Uninstalling it with System App Remover and removing the apk from the previously mentioned folder and then copying the new apk into /system/app should work.

Yeah, that's what I thought but it doesn't seem to want to. Firstly, System App Remover can't see Nova under System Apps or User Apps. I have been messing around with the apks of 2.3 Prime and the 3.2 though, installing one and then the other, trying to sort it out so maybe I've broken something there.

The same issue seems to be there that I can't upgrade from 2.2.3 Prime Beta1. Check for updates, download, install and "Same App exists with a different signature". The only two I can get to work now are normal 3.2 and 2.2.3 Prime.

Guest martinoff

guys 

go to settings > apps > all > nova and clear data and cache

use a root explorer

find the nova.apk and move it to sd or rename it like "nova.apk.backup"

place the new nova.apk where the old one was

give the right permissions -rw-r-r- or 0644

reboot in recovery and clear/wipe the cache

reboot to system

you will see "android is upgrading"

working nova  :D

edit: yes you will lose all your setting of nova but you can do before this a backup from nova settings and restore it after

Edited by martinoff