[DEV] Coolpad F1 Android L aka Lolipop - Infos

Guest dakok

Well guys you seem to be lazy a bit lately :)

So I dug something interesting. We all know that Canvas Nitro A310 and Coolpad F1 wcdma are the same device.

It seems that Nitro will get Android L soon or it has something going on right now:

Micromax launched Canvas nitro as a comeback phone in indian markets and was a great sucess .

Reason for launching Canvas nitro was that company was getting a tough Competition from other Chinese brands. 

Device was a great success for micromax but had a tons of issues with existing version of Android such as 

There were many issues regarding Ram management and Camera App with performance glitches 

which are expected to fixed by companies next android update which will feature Android L (Lollipop) 

Micromax promised that Canvas Nitro will Get Android L update when it will be released by Google.

Moreover company also mentioned That smartphone will get the update in its official Tv Commercial

Source

The users of Micromax A310 Canvas Nitro can now update their handsets to Android 5.0 Lollipop using custom ROM.

The new Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with many new features :

Source

I didn't have time to check if this is for real...

EDIT:

I checked at Nitro FB group and got respond from a member that the L rom is fake (which seems to be reasonable anyway :))

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

it would have been too good to be true, mtk is still struggling with kk, an android L already developed for mt6592 is a really remote possibility unfortunately :( Micromax maybe didn't a single update on a310's ROM, just like Himax. The only hope is Coolpad, but if the one-year developement cycle for every device is respected, I'm pretty sure we won't see official L! Having a major update from a chinese devolper is not so common, having two would be even better than some top-tiers companies, simpy it won't happen, I'm afraid. :(
And it's a shame since L is the first real update since JB, Kitkat is really nothing new/special and it it still somewhat disappointing in our device. Project volta seems a much needed feature, full (and optimized) ART support (bye bye dalvik), face unlock, native double tap to wake, native "guest mode" support, new APIs and RAW support for photos... and material design looks gorgeous!

Edited by slime00

Guest korekore1

I didn't have time to check if this is for real...

EDIT:

I checked at Nitro FB group and got respond from a member that the L rom is fake (which seems to be reasonable anyway :))

yes its fake,i've seen it last week and looked suspicious because of the 3part download.

But i think a310 will get L

Guest korekore1

it would have been too good to be true, mtk is still struggling with kk, an android L already developed for mt6592 is a really remote possibility unfortunately :( Micromax maybe didn't a single update on a310's ROM, just like Himax. The only hope is Coolpad, but if the one-year developement cycle for every device is respected, I'm pretty sure we won't see official L! Having a major update from a chinese devolper is not so common, having two would be even better than some top-tiers companies, simpy it won't happen, I'm afraid. :(

And it's a shame since L is the first real update since JB, Kitkat is really nothing new/special and it it still somewhat disappointing in our device. Project volta seems a much needed feature, full (and optimized) ART support (bye bye dalvik), face unlock, native double tap to wake, native "guest mode" support, new APIs and RAW support for photos... and material design looks gorgeous!

nitro uses aosp rom so it would be much easier for micromax to prepare a rom.Coolpad will have to make a big effort to make CoolUI's UI to fit with android L style

Guest slime00

it would be easier, but micromax isn't known for supporting its devices unfortunately, while Coolpad updates both 4.2 and 4.4 almost weekly, so, if something moves, i bet Coolpad will do the move, but as I told you I'm not optimist since we are still in beta kitkat stage and I believe the last months of the1-year support will be used to release a stable kk rom... let's hope that at least they can improve and resolve all minor bugs/performances issues that are still present in beta version!

Guest korekore1

it would be easier, but micromax isn't known for supporting its devices unfortunately, while Coolpad updates both 4.2 and 4.4 almost weekly, so, if something moves, i bet Coolpad will do the move, but as I told you I'm not optimist since we are still in beta kitkat stage and I believe the last months of the1-year support will be used to release a stable kk rom... let's hope that at least they can improve and resolve all minor bugs/performances issues that are still present in beta version!

i agree,if coolpad gives us L it would be a miracle.

But do we want L? -->http://www.xda-developers.com/android/android-l-lockdown/

Personally i can't even stay with a rom that doesn't support xposed,how about not having root?

Edited by korekore1

Guest slime00

we are talking about a version that has been officially launched a few hours ago, so it's normal that xposed doesn't work, for kitkat it was not compatible for a long time, the same will be for L. As for root, a solution will be found in short time! ;)

Guest korekore1

we are talking about a version that has been officially launched a few hours ago, so it's normal that xposed doesn't work, for kitkat it was not compatible for a long time, the same will be for L. As for root, a solution will be found in short time! ;)

i was talking about xposed on kitkat! If we don't have root in L half the experience is over for a lot of users,including myself.And if it is also ART only then there is no way to see xposed as the developer said