Investing in a Coolpad F1 8297W

Guest Dave1000

Guest Dave1000

My Huawei Ascend G300 is died last week, it won't switch back on (I think it has got the Hynix memory issue http://huaweinews.com/2013/10/ascend-g300-dying-memory-issue). :(  

So basically I need a new phone.

The Coolpad F1 8297W has been around for well over 6 months.

So is it still worth buying, or are there some alternatives that are now worth considering instead?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dave1000

Guest slime00

for 120-130€ you won't still find a better deal, and would be a huge upgrade over your G300. You would get a quality phone at a price you still find quad cores or low-quality octacores clones without 3g at 900mhz,  plus, it has a nice community and a fair number of roms to choose from :D

Edited by slime00

That's the same upgrade I made about 3 months ago now. And it really is a huge upgrade. Haven't come across anything that I could say was definitely better in the price range since and I don't expect to. It's a very good phone.

Guest Alg0r1thm

G300 former owner here too. Buy it you will be blown away by the massive power upgrade.

Don't mind the lack of 4g at all. With hspa+ in 8297w you will have enormous speed, sometimes in good city spots it feels like wifi and more.

Also this is one of the very few Chinese phones with a huge and very helpful userbase so you will be into good hands. The community here is awesome!

Edited by Alg0r1thm