Coolpad F1 8297W ROM version numbers - like you're 5 years old

Guest Dave1000

Guest Dave1000

Throughout this sub-forum people are talking about ROM version numbers, all of the time.

Saying things like,"remember people this only works with version 41", "I could root version 15 with this, but version 21 it can cause a brick", "what version are you using" etc etc etc.

My brand new phone came with 4.2.036.P0.140704.8297W on it.

So does this mean I am on ROM version 36, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

right you are on version 036 cool ui rom 4.2.2 WCDMA

and my first rom was on that version- multilanguage

I am now on 019 cool ui  rom  atx 4.4.2

Edited by rista1

Coolpad F1 8297w - the one that 99% non-China owners have

4.2 roms

4.4 roms
018 - official

Coolpad F1 8297 ("China model", we can use its roms but you have to heal them with Xs WCDMA/3G patch)

4.2 roms
The rest

4.4 roms
035 - official
026 - official

Edited by dakok

Guest Dave1000

Cheers for the replies.

What is the lightest crap free ROM(s) at the moment?

I'm not bothered about being on kitkat (or whatever the latest version of android is). I just want something lightweight and crap free.

I've read that some of the ROMS have camera issues, this won't be an issue for me.

All I mainly do is make calls, send texts, surf the odd website and use the phone as GPS for driving, running and walking apps. I may occasionally want to use the phone as a USB tether or wireless access point for my laptop. So I would imagine any ROM would be capable of handling my requirements.

Any recommendations?

Edited by Dave1000

For someone just starting to use the phone I think the best place to start is Jonzalvo's AOSP 4.2.2. He had two versions, Pure and not. I've tried both and there's very little difference between them but I think the non pure has a later version of Nova Launcher that I prefer. I'm on Pure at the moment.

There's only thing that's making me think about KK is the better camera performance but with the patches available in the other thread the camera is pretty decent on JB too.

Both those ROMs are on Needrom.com .

Guest Dave1000

For someone just starting to use the phone I think the best place to start is Jonzalvo's AOSP 4.2.2. He had two versions, Pure and not. I've tried both and there's very little difference between them but I think the non pure has a later version of Nova Launcher that I prefer. I'm on Pure at the moment.

There's only thing that's making me think about KK is the better camera performance but with the patches available in the other thread the camera is pretty decent on JB too.

Both those ROMs are on Needrom.com .

I went with the pure version in the end. Great ROM. Thanks for the recommendation.

For anyone not familiar with it.

The ROM can be downloaded from here (version PURE-AOSP- V2.0  is the latest).

http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-pure-aosp/

Apparently the camera doesn't work correctly, but it can be fixed by downloading and installing the patches on this link.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/373572-patch-performance-improvement-patches-for-jonzalvos-pure-aosp-20-updated-on-20141009/

Edited by Dave1000