[ROM] [4.4.2] AOSP Nitro A310 v3 repack

Guest dakok

Guest dalyer

well,i only use aosps,a310 was my favorite one,i used it for months but i also try all aosps available.I agree that the no changelog approach is bad.

I only speak for the latest maucat 30.5.15 not earlier versions (which were not as good).But the latest one is better than a310.Its faster and you dont get lags and slowdowns like a310 does after 3-4 weeks of usage.

OK - thanks.

I haven't really noticed anything or at least much in the way or lags or slowdowns on A310.

Maybe I will give maucat a go but it's a pain to have to have to reinstall and reconfigure things and going by other people's experience backing up and restoring can simply be too error prone...

Edit: just curious - you presumably used A310 for a while? Do you remember which specific version? Was it 77chedu's first mod of dakok's repack? Or dakok's original? 

Also is there an active discussion of maucat's recent releases (in particular 30.5.15) on some other forum that is worth checking for the latest "reviews"?

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

OK - thanks.

I haven't really noticed anything or at least much in the way or lags or slowdowns on A310.

Maybe I will give maucat a go but it's a pain to have to have to reinstall and reconfigure things and going by other people's experience backing up and restoring can simply be too error prone...

Edit: just curious - you presumably used A310 for a while? Do you remember which specific version? Was it 77chedu's first mod of dakok's repack? Or dakok's original?

Also is there an active discussion of maucat's recent releases (in particular 30.5.15) on some other forum that is worth checking for the latest "reviews"?

most time i spended on v3 dakok's repack or v3 .cpb i think they are identical in performance.I don't know any forum with an easy to follow discussion on maucat aosp.Some conversations are taking place in myphone.gr f1 forum but its a 1000+ page thread,with no rom specific sub-threads

Guest dalyer

Ok - thanks a lot. I might backup and try maucat at some stage if I get a chance.

Did you also try xtremevanilla?

How did that compare to the other two?

Guest korekore1

Ok - thanks a lot. I might backup and try maucat at some stage if I get a chance.

yes i did.Vanilla v4 was very good,smooth and fast but gps was not working after a clean install.So i took it out in 3-4 days,not enough time to see how it behaves.But i didn't notice any serious bug except from the gps one.There is also a patch available now on the roms page on facebook that is supposed to fix gps but i haven't tried it because i am on maucat's and i don't want to be the first one who tries again..

Guest rista1

I only speak for the latest maucat 30.5.15 not earlier versions (which were not as good).But the latest one is better than a310.Its faster and you dont get lags and slowdowns like a310 does after 3-4 weeks of usage.

How you decide(fix) to what was quite dark see an incoming call on maucat rom

Guest korekore1

I tried patch and gps does not work

1.write with normal letters like we all do

2.vanilla patch is supposed to work only if you flash it after a fresh install

Edited by korekore1

Guest dalyer

What patch?

GPS works fine straight off on the Coolpad F1 with this ROM.

Oh - ignore - you're talking about maucat AOSP and not this (A310) ROM.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dmrtn

Just for the record, I changed back to the most recent Maucat. Sound is definitely louder. And all the LED colours work. Don't notice much else that's different tbh. I have Nova set up that I like and use on every ROM. Battery might possibly be a little better on Maucat? Not 100% on that though. The Coolpad Camera is good. The 20mpx one doesn't work on this I don't think but it's still good.

Guest dalyer

Thanks. Will probably give maucat a go so since it's getting so much positive comment.

Is the Coolpad camera installed by default or do you have to install it separately?

Guest dalyer

Just to clarify one thing with those who concluded that maucat was better than (?) A310 - were you comparing with

(1) dakok's original

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374249-rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack/

(2) 77chedu's initial mod/cleanup

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374249-rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack/page-9#entry2257054

or

(3) 77chedu's most recent mod/cleanup

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374249-rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack/page-13#entry2260107

At the moment I'm using #2

Edited by dalyer

Guest dmrtn

Thanks. Will probably give maucat a go so since it's getting so much positive comment.

Is the Coolpad camera installed by default or do you have to install it separately?

Separately. There's a zip to flash somewhere around the threads. I can upload it somewhere if there's any problem with finding it. On the older Maucat it replaced the standard Android camera but on this version it installed alongside it. I have Coolpad, Kitkat, LG, Lenovo and Candycam (much smaller filesizes so good for sending/emailing quick snaps) camera apps so I probably need to reduce that down :) They each have their uses though.

Also, I'm pretty sure I was on the same A310 ROM as you.

• 2 months later...
Guest Dave1000

A daft question about the lack of ring tones and message tones on this ROM.

I've been using this ROM (the original dakok version) for a few days now and I'm very pleased with it, thanks.

Before this ROM I was using a ROM called jonzalvos PURE AOSP 2.0 (Android 4.2.2) which was also very good, but it had loads of ring and text message tones to choose from.

So, is there a way of extracting the ring tones from my old ROM and adding them to this ROM or can they be downloaded somewhere on the internet and added to a folder somewhere in the phone?

Thanks

Edited by Dave1000

Guest korekore1

A daft question about the lack of ring tones and message tones on this ROM.

I've been using this ROM (the original dakok version) for a few days now and I'm very pleased with it, thanks.

Before this ROM I was using a ROM called jonzalvos PURE AOSP 2.0 (Android 4.2.2) which was also very good, but it had loads of ring and text message tones to choose from.

So, is there a way of extracting the ring tones from my old ROM and adding them to this ROM or can they be downloaded somewhere on the internet and added to a folder somewhere in the phone?

Thanks

go to system/media on any rom and take what you need

The ROMS are zip files. Extract them on your computer (or on your phone) and just copy the audio files to the relevant folder in the new ROM. Usually a sub folder of system/media. The same goes for apps. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KennyPowers2000

So I'm going to move from XtremeVanilla V2, to this ROM as it seems to be the best one/most popular at the moment.

Could you please answer some questions:

1) What are the basic steps again for this (I've forgotten as its been soo long since I flashed a ROM)

2) I want to do a clean wipe install, to delete all the old crud folders and files etc. CAn I simply just delete everything in both that Phone Storage and SD Card folders that opo up when I connect the phone to a PC? Could this also possibly remove the CWM bootloader?

Cheers,

KP

This is how I generally install a new ROM:

1. Do a full CWM backup just in case
  2. Download the ROM zip - check that it's intact (at the very least see that it opens in 7Zip or similar)
  3. Boot into CWM
  4. Format the sdcard (or do this on a PC using SDFormatter)
  5. Copy the ROM zip onto the sd card
  6. Boot into CWM
  7. Do all wipes/formats
  8. Install the ROM zip
  9. Reboot
  10. Reinstall favourite apps and apply preferred configuration settings