[ROM] [4.4] AOSP Himax Polymer 20141231 repack

Guest dakok

This is a simple repack of a new stock Hmax Polymer (F1 clone) AOSP release.

I got the info about the new stock release from Himax forum (kudos to whisnu.aji.p)

Rom is repacked with YGDP the same way I did for Nitro A310 v3 AOSP

Removed few indonesian apps and added root.

It has only chinese, english and indonesian UI

Source says that the main update is fixed launcher and SD card issues

Antutu 5.2 says 31240, GPU: 1665/6704

download

post-1003165-0-40980000-1420574085_thumb

Guest korekore1

Has anyone tried this rom?

I installed it and something weird happens.Root explorer can't see external sd but other root explorers can.The system sees it but it can't perform basic functions like installing an app downloaded from the system browser..!Also the cards are reversed sdcard 0 is external and sdcard 1 is the internal. Any idea?

Apart from that its a fully working fast aosp

Edited by korekore1

Guest korekore1

Not the case with my  phone.

sdcard 0 is external and sdcard 1 is the internal or they are the opposite like all the other roms?

Edited by korekore1

Guest korekore1

something is not right on this rom.

I flashed it again (2 rounds of wipes as always) and the same thing happens.Some apps can't see external sd and others can see it but can't use it.

For example titanium sees the titanium backup folder in my external sd but when i select the apps i want to restore it hangs and can't perform the restore.

Android Browser can download stuff but can't use it.

Root explorer can't see external sd and lists internal sd as sdcard1 (external sd name)

something is wrong,no doubt.Maybe only the cpb mounts the partitions correctly

Edited by korekore1

Guest Milanche78

For me its OK, 0 is internal, 1 external memory, I have just DL something and it is saved on external using cm browser.
And I have just installed DL apk.

1 more thing, maybe i "broke" something playing with the xposed framework and other settings, but when i connected the phone to the computer with the usb cable, nothing happened, didnt offer me options to copy files or just to charge  the battery, but it isnt important to me because i use wifi for transfering data.

post-1046155-14207400443209_thumb.png

Edited by Milanche78

Guest korekore1

Are these of any relevance in this context?

the app didn't work and one of the zips gave me a soft brick.Maybe because i flashed both of them.I had to clean flash the rom again.

I then flashed again the sd_patch.zip only this time and it still didn't fix the problem.I then flashed the F1_kitkat_default_External_Sdcard_Patch(1).zip and it gave me soft brick again.

I now flashed a310.I forgot to try unrooting himax aosp and then root again with kinguser.I remember that this fixed a similar titanium problem.

Edited by korekore1

Guest dalyer

one of the zips gave me a soft brick.Maybe because i flashed both of them.I had to clean flash the rom again.

You should always backup before making changes.

Aren't there also apps to give apps permissions to access the external sdcard under KK since this is not available by default as far as I recall?

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

You should always backup before making changes.

Aren't there also apps to give apps permissions to access the external sdcard under KK since this is not available by default as far as I recall?

that is probably a different problem in this rom.It doesn't have to do with these apps or the zips you linked me.Nothing worked.But I found in my notes that someone had the same problem in the past,where sd card could be seen but not used from apps and it was a root problem.He uninstalled superSU and then used Kinguser root.Then the sd card worked normally and titanium could restore files from the external sd.

Too bad i was already on a310 when i remembered this fix..!

Edited by korekore1

Guest korekore1

KK by default does not allow apps to write to the sdcard unless they request that permission so it may be relevant here and to all KK ROMs?

i have flashed over 30 different kitkat roms for this phone,but this is the first rom i flashed with that behavior,but i have heard about another 1-2 that had the same thing.

For example a310 (that is an equivalent official aosp) don't have this issue.But this one even thought it is again an aosp and an official one too,it has a different behavior.

Maybe (probably) its just a superSU issue after all.SuperSU is causing trouble lately..

Edited by korekore1