power button stops working

Guest oreska7

Guest oreska7

Hello

I recently bought coolpad f1 and I have following problem with it. My phone works just fine but after i locked it (presing powerbutton) or it is locked automatically after few minutes of being locked I cant wake it anymore, it wont react on power button and then I must remove battery to start the phone again. I tried several roms and this is happening on all of them. Can you guys help me somehow?

Edited by oreska7

Guest oreska7

Yes it does. I managed to fix the problem with wakelock app and then letting cpu to run all time. Now I am worried about my battery life and I was wondering can I change cpu clock to minimize usage of cpu when I dont need it. I was thinking to ise no skrill cpu control app for that.

My problem is really weird and it is obviusly hardware malfunction, perhaps something about battery or charging. Interesting thing is that when my phone is plugged to charger I dont have problem. I mean after few minutes my phone doesnt just go to sleep it is completlydesd and I must remove battery.

Do you use greenify or some similar app?

Anyway, I had such problem with ZTE v987 and I solved it with

Wake My Android Pro (free) by Gejos Enterprise (It is withdrawn from Google Play now, don't know why)

As far as I can remember you could set the phone to invisibly wake every x seconds. (you may set 30 seconds)

It took not more than 1-2% of battery capacity which is great.

Edited by dakok

Yes it does

My problem is really weird and it is obviusly hardware malfunction

If the CWM Key Test detects the power button then I don't see how it's "obviously" a hardware malfunction.

As per dakok's post are you restoring/installing additional apps each time you test or have you tested with a bog standard ROM immediately after flashing?

If dakok's suggestion of Wake My Android is relevant here then you can find the APK via Google.

Edited by dalyer

Guest oreska7

Do you use greenify or some similar app?

Anyway, I had such problem with ZTE v987 and I solved it withWake My Android Pro (free) by Gejos Enterprise (It is withdrawn from Google Play now, don't know why)

As far as I can remember you could set the phone to invisibly wake every x seconds. (you may set 30 seconds)

It took not more than 1-2% of battery capacity which is great.

No I dont use grenify or anything. Should I?

I installed app you suggested I hope it will help.

Edited by oreska7

Guest oreska7

Wake my android doesnt help, I mean my phone definetly didnt died few minutes after locking ( i checked reguraly and was very happy) but after 45 minutes same thing again. I downloaded wakelock again and now it is working. I wrote e mail anbout my problem to to2c (webshop where i bought it) but I got automatic response that they are on vacatiom until 28. so i guess I will have to wait.

#dakok Pa ja sam tek sad skuzio da si iz hrvatske, inace postao sam o ovom problemu i na telekineza forumu. Hvala ti na pomoci.

I saw your posts there. 

Don't forget to try Wake My Android app. It is free and works as advertised :)

download

This application is FREE and will always be FREE.

Wake My Android Pro prevents the system entering "deep sleep" mode and will keep in "sleep" mode.

Keep in mind, when the system in "sleep" mode, your mobile data connection will always on

(mobile data means gsm/cdma/sellular internet connection not for wifi!).

This application will not drain your battery. The battery life will almost same consume with or without this

application when running (meaning in "sleep" mode).

The one and the only WAKE_LOCK application keep your "Android alive" in sleep mode.

Same standard WAKE_LOCK with different programming method.

This application works like you are pressing a power button to wake the device for preventing the device go to

deep sleep or out of from the deep sleep. Will always keep in sleep mode by wake the device before entering

sleep of death in invisible way without drain your battery because the device will still in sleep mode.

This application widgets will never refresh by interval (except will only refresh when you touch it for changing the

mode), meaning will not drain the battery.

NOTE:
Do not run this application with another wakelock program. Wake My Android will not run correctly if another

wakelock program also running.