[ROM][5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 [Y300/G510] [04/06/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest fonz93

You gave me an idea, I'll try and comment.

If you are going to try the SlimLP 5.0.2 kernel, keep in mind that wi-fi issues will come back

Guest Dark Cricket

If you are going to try the SlimLP 5.0.2 kernel, keep in mind that wi-fi issues will come back

Yes, that's my idea, so I was wondering if you could compile slimLP with the latest changes, because I suspect that (   Huge kernel update to fix some memory allocation problems (thanks chil360)  ) is causing the black screen problems.   :p

Guest farfix

It happens on F-AOSP too that has very few changes compared to CM and SlimLP, anyway, there's a facebook group where peoples installed a repacked cm12.1 kernel on SlimLP 5.0.2, they got black screen there too.

@fonz93, I tried the SlimLP with a Cm12.1's kernel repack and I didn't get any black screen...

Oh, and it improved a lot the performance of the phone too :)

Guest fonz93

@fonz93, I tried the SlimLP with a Cm12.1's kernel repack and I didn't get any black screen...

Oh, and it improved a lot the performance of the phone too :)

It's random, peoples didn't get black screens for weeks

Guest hgoldy300

It's random, peoples didn't get black screens for weeks

Indeed, I didn't get any black screens today with the default settings.. It must be something else.

Guest Jefrey Reyes
post-1052747-0-33766000-1431111549_thumb
Fonz today using keep passing saw this with the status bar
Edited by Jefrey Reyes

Guest Jefrey Reyes

How did u enabled the navbar?

ell I enabled because my tactile buttons do not work only added to build.prop qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Edited by Jefrey Reyes

Guest Dark Cricket

I have identified the exact commits required to fix the zram 'Error writing to swap device' issue. I have created another test kernel rolling back the sources to before the CAF update and adding just these commits. I have uploaded it to basketbuild as Test_3.

I made a repack for CM12.1: https://mega.co.nz/#!tR5zQZ4A!9lY7hqv8nxi83CsXQyC8JRsTf9wWO95e7Aikz1el-R8

Edited by Dark Cricket

Guest Dark Cricket

This "Test Kernel" improve something on the cm12.1 ?

chil360, on 11 May 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:snapback.png

I have identified the exact commits required to fix the zram 'Error writing to swap device' issue. I have created another test kernel rolling back the sources to before the CAF update and adding just these commits. I have uploaded it to basketbuild as Test_3.

Guest ExHamza

browser app freezes and blue screen in initial stage on phone call sometimes until 5s or more... but the is that, this ROM is very stable more than the official.