[ROM][5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 [Y300/G510] [04/06/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest fonz93

Will update CyanogenMod 12.1 for our devices ?

I would like to see an upgrade to Android 5.1.1

An update will come this week

Guest fonz93

Next release will still be with DEXPREOPT enabled, so no Xposed, one of the reason is that looking at xda threads, peoples report Xposed and GravityBox bugs on CM's and GravityBox thread (CM is an unsupported ROM for GravityBox) and i don't want peoples reporting Xposed and GB bugs here, we already have enough bugs to deal with. Don't ask for it, i will keep it disabled on F-AOSP only, just because there is no customization without Xposed and there won't be customization conflicts there.

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

What about "black screen" and camera isues in new build?

I didn't get any black screen with the same kernel peoples got it (latest one from chil360), so i don't know, about the camera, if you are referring to the camera error that happens on F-AOSP, i don't know the cause, i reverted a commit on frameworks_av because chil360 fixed that problem in device tree (a problem with microphone), if it was the cause then the bug will "disappear" (that bug was already present on 5.0 days, on the current F-AOSP build is just happening more often)

Edited by fonz93

Guest jhondoe

I also get the black screens a lot, but sometimes (1/5 on average) the phone restarts into the "optimizing apps" screen which takes ages. Is This also a know part of the blackscreen bug?

Thanks fonz for all the work!

Guest fonz93

I also get the black screens a lot, but sometimes (1/5 on average) the phone restarts into the "optimizing apps" screen which takes ages. Is This also a know part of the blackscreen bug?

Thanks fonz for all the work!

Yes, during the black screen, a lot of system processes crash, the dalvik cache (art) gets corrupted and after the first reboot it needs to be reinitialized again

Guest jhondoe

Aha ok thanks for explaining. Didn't know dalvik got corrupted by these crashes.

None of the governor changes did anything, i get close to 10 a day, so if you need any help fixing, willing to help!

(Maybe i'll try your lollipop faosp soon)

keep up the good work!

Guest hgoldy300

Yes, during the black screen, a lot of system processes crash, the dalvik cache (art) gets corrupted and after the first reboot it needs to be reinitialized again

That was frustrating, and I even got the data partition corrupted and the phone not booting. That's why I left to F-AOSP and I'm happy with it, smooth and stable and without this bug.

Guest fonz93

That was frustrating, and I even got the data partition corrupted and the phone not booting. That's why I left to F-AOSP and I'm happy with it, smooth and stable and without this bug.

/data partition can't be corrupted in that way, is not so easy to get it corrupted.

Guest fonz93

Is there an easy way to upgrade (CM or anything else), or complete reinstall?

Sorry for the newbieness

Upgrade from which ROM?

Guest jhondoe

Just flash the new version over the old one wiping dalvik cache and cache only

Thanks a lot!

Will this also work to switch between your cm and F-AOSP? (both lollipop)

Guest fonz93

Thanks a lot!

Will this also work to switch between your cm and F-AOSP? (both lollipop)

I can't imagine that would work..

Exactly, it won't work

Edited by fonz93

Guest jhondoe

So complete wipe, flash rom and gapps again when switching.
Whats the best backup method to keep/reinstall apps (and data maybe) when switching roms? Backup from recovery, titanium backup, reinstall from google play store,...?

Thanks for the help

Guest fonz93

So complete wipe, flash rom and gapps again when switching.

Whats the best backup method to keep/reinstall apps (and data maybe) when switching roms? Backup from recovery, titanium backup, reinstall from google play store,...?

Thanks for the help

The recovery backups the whole /data partition, and it will be like flashing a ROM over a different one, so it will break things.

Titanium backup is the easiest, but backup apps only if you really need their data.

The best thing is downloading again all the apps from Play Store, so it's all clean and fresh.

Guest jhondoe

The recovery backups the whole /data partition, and it will be like flashing a ROM over a different one, so it will break things.

Titanium backup is the easiest, but backup apps only if you really need their data.

The best thing is downloading again all the apps from Play Store, so it's all clean and fresh.

Do you happen to know any way to automate this? Installing 30 aps from the playstore is pretty long winded imho. But if it's better i'll do it, slow enough phone as is 

Guest dkr84

Do you happen to know any way to automate this? Installing 30 aps from the playstore is pretty long winded imho. But if it's better i'll do it, slow enough phone as is 

You can backup your apps via es file explorer and install apks manually.. it's a lot faster than downloading it from the Play Store..

Edited by dkr84