[ROM][4.4.2] Material_Reloaded (Android_L mod)

Guest 77chedu

Guest baniko

I have install the ROM.
I like it.
But finally i have change it.
I will write something about the issues mentioned up to now:

Issues so far:

- The rom's laucher is Nova's beta, materinova. It won't update automatically, so you need to download from its page

- Some app controls (think of some music players, for instance) or notifications on the notification bar won't be visible, due to the white background. The audio player shipped with the rom, shows fine though. This should be adressed on the next release

-Voice capture on camera does not work

Both XLED and heads-up notifications that are included on the settings, doesn't seem to work well; probably due to some error compiling

To get XLED to work just downgrade it from Xposed

Headsup, just uninstall it and reinstall it from the play store

Both will be visible on the app drawer, but functional

- I use Aviate launcher, anything for nova is not a problem for me!
- Some app controls are not visible. This is the reason why i have changed this ROM and i don't test it more.
- With LG camera app, the voice capture was OK, no problem.
- With XLS and heads-up notifications, i did what you write.

If will be fixed the visibility of the app controls, i will test it again.

Edited by baniko

Guest 77chedu

If will be fixed the visibility of the app controls, i will test it again.

I don't know how to fix it, that's why it hasn't been fixed. For a viable fix, it probably would take a whole UI re-write from scratch. 

I made a small "census" for media players whose controls are fully visible on the notification bar

Omich, Jetaudio, n7player, NRG player, PlayerPro, Rocketplayer, Maven, VLC, Select, BSplayer, Z player, AUX

There will be more, I'm sure, As for some app notifications not being visible on the bar, heads-up is a partial solution, but it works

It's still an inconvenience, I know, but you'd find it in all the Lollipop lookalike roms, because all of theme share the same "ancestor", even if they have been heavily modified, as is the case on my version

Edited by 77chedu

Guest baniko

I don't know how to fix it, that's why it hasn't been fixed....

I made a small "census" for media players whose controls are fully visible on the notification bar

Omich, Jetaudio, n7player, NRG player, PlayerPro, Rocketplayer, Maven, VLC, Select, BSplayer, Z player, AUX

Your answer give me the idea to try again and see if the app on which was not visible some thinks (K9 mail), has a different color theme. So, i use now in this app the "dark colours" and is OK.

I will continue up to the next problem!

Some other things:

- What about live wallpapers?

- What about video calls?

Edited by baniko

Guest 77chedu

Video calls? as in you'd like something like viber or skype preinstalled? Or is there something rom with the dialer?

As for the live wallpaper, I could probably upload a patch to have a live wallpaper picker, but I think it's the first report of someone missing that option

I forgot to mention a fix of sorts for the notification/app controls issue. You can use this module from xda to mod your systemUI. The end result is a black background, which doesn't really fit with the rom aesthetics -perhaps more with the optional dark settings-. See nexmusic, with and without the module applied

post-1048024-0-42476300-1429474690_thumbpost-1048024-0-13060000-1429474712_thumb

You'd a similar resultado with monsterui module, directly from xposed repos

Edited by 77chedu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest 77chedu

There's a new Liutao release

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-559399-1-1.html

It's the Xiaomi version made by VanesaRS, ported back to the Coolpad. 

It has aosp-like settings without added "advanced" entries and some of your "favourite" chinese add-ons

I think he's using an Inew port as base rom, which coincidentally is something that I'm exploring trying to get something a little bit lightier/snappier

Guest edyros2003

There's a new Liutao release

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-559399-1-1.html

It's the Xiaomi version made by VanesaRS, ported back to the Coolpad. 

It has aosp-like settings without added "advanced" entries and some of your "favourite" chinese add-ons

I think he's using an Inew port as base rom, which coincidentally is something that I'm exploring trying to get something a little bit lightier/snappier

Can you download it and share?  the download speed is too slow for me

Thanks

Edited by edyros2003

Guest edyros2003
I already use a dowload manager but the slow  is exasperating and often stops, in the meantime I could download

Thanks
Edited by edyros2003