[Request] Resurrection Remix Rom

Guest TyphoonSco

Guest TyphoonSco

Hello All,

I first want to start off by thanking all of the developers who still support our phone, however I'd like to ask if we can fill a small hole that we have left.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that has thought this, however is it possible that some awesome developer who has made Android 5.0 succsessfully (i.e. @chil360 or @fonz93) to port over Resurrection Remix Rom if it is possible. I ask this as I feel it'd make the ultimate rom for our devices, and maybe then our developers can pull together as one team to get this stuff sorted instead of working on their own (not saying they don't do a good enough job on their own, I just feel personally it might benefit working as a team).

I know Resurrection Remix is meant to be super easy to port and they even give you instructions on how to port the rom. I'd try myself but since I'm not as qualified (I'm clueless on where to start properly), I thought I'd ask our great community here.

Thank-you all again for bringing our forgotten device back into 2015,

TyphoonScotland

Link below if needed:

https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/platform_manifest/blob/lollipop/README.mkdn

Thanks to our developers:

@Chil360

@Fonz93

@Dazzozo

@Kra1o5

@Luca020400

Edited by TyphoonSco

Guest luca020400

Hello All,

I first want to start off by thanking all of the developers who still support our phone, however I'd like to ask if we can fill a small hole that we have left.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that has thought this, however is it possible that some awesome developer who has made Android 5.0 succsessfully (i.e. @chil360 or @fonz93) to port over Resurrection Remix Rom if it is possible. I ask this as I feel it'd make the ultimate rom for our devices, and maybe then our developers can pull together as one team to get this stuff sorted instead of working on their own (not saying they don't do a good enough job on their own, I just feel personally it might benefit working as a team).

I know Resurrection Remix is meant to be super easy to port and they even give you instructions on how to port the rom. I'd try myself but since I'm not as qualified (I'm clueless on where to start properly), I thought I'd ask our great community here.

Thank-you all again for bringing our forgotten device back into 2015,

TyphoonScotland

Link below if needed:

https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/platform_manifest/blob/lollipop/README.mkdn

Thanks to our developers:

@Chil360

@Fonz93

@Dazzozo

@Kra1o5

@Luca020400

Lol port a new ROM take some minutes xd

If you want I can provide a build but as you know I will leave it as is ( no updates etc )

Anyway cm12 & pacrom are the best lp ROMs ;)

We are not working on our own, we still share fixes and improvements when they come, trying to port one more ROM now is pointless, because we still need to fix OMX, video recording (maybe already fixed by chil360) and the wi-fi issues (higher priority for me), if we start another project, the result will be the same, OMX not working and wi-fi issues, this work can be done only when we get something stable, look at kitkat for example, or android 4.2.2, there was a period which there were a lot of ROMs, this result can be achivied only when that android version is stable on your device, and Lollipop isn't the case, for now.

Edited by luca020400

Guest fonz93

We are not working on our own, we still share fixes and improvements when they come, trying to port one more ROM now is pointless, because we still need to fix OMX, video recording (maybe already fixed by chil360) and the wi-fi issues (higher priority for me), if we start another project, the result will be the same, OMX not working and wi-fi issues, this work can be done only when we get something stable, look at kitkat for example, or android 4.2.2, there was a period which there were a lot of ROMs, this result can be achivied only when that android version is stable on your device, and Lollipop isn't the case, for now.

Edited by fonz93

Guest xSergioHp.

I like so much that "for now"

Guest TyphoonSco

I would first like to thank @Luca020400 and @Fonz93 for their replies. I didn't realise that you were working as a team on Lollipop, and I do thank-you for doing that. I know that Lollipop is a little way off working properly on our devices and I do understand this will take time. I also agree that it will take a while to be able to create more Lollipop roms, as we need to sort the other problems that we have like you have said @Fonz93.

However if it is possible, could someone please port a KitKat version, as I never found one for our devices, and I know a lot of us still haven't upgraded to Lollipop, and are still running Kitkat, then once Lollipop is stable enough for everyday usage on our devices could we then update the RR Rom.

I appreciate you're replies, and I am sure our community does too,

Thanks again,

TyphoonScotland

Guest luca020400

I would first like to thank @Luca020400 and @Fonz93 for their replies. I didn't realise that you were working as a team on Lollipop, and I do thank-you for doing that. I know that Lollipop is a little way off working properly on our devices and I do understand this will take time. I also agree that it will take a while to be able to create more Lollipop roms, as we need to sort the other problems that we have like you have said @Fonz93.

However if it is possible, could someone please port a KitKat version, as I never found one for our devices, and I know a lot of us still haven't upgraded to Lollipop, and are still running Kitkat, then once Lollipop is stable enough for everyday usage on our devices could we then update the RR Rom.

I appreciate you're replies, and I am sure our community does too,

Thanks again,

TyphoonScotland

I left Y300 development

Just help if needed xd ( git xd )