G510 no longet connects to PC after custom ROM install

Guest mudflap

Guest mudflap

I've just upgraded my G510-0200 with CWM Clockworkmod Recovery from here http://www.modaco.com/topic/365942-recovery-all-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6045-cm-last-updated-2112/ and cm-11-20150327-NIGHTLY-u8951.zip following the instructions here http://www.modaco.com/topic/367021-kk-444-cyanogenmod-110-rom-all-weekly-builds-on-friday/.

The phone is working fine, I have all my apps installed but the phone will not connect to a PC anymore.   I have tried 2 different PC's, one running Windows 8.1 and the other running Windows 7 both with HiSuite 2.3.50 installed.     The first time I connect the phone Windows sees it as a G510 and starts to install the USB driver but that fails with no driver available and in Device Manager it shows the G510 under USB with a question mark.     If I run HiSuite it doesn't see the phone.      On the phone when it is connected it shows "USB debugging connected", I have "Android debugging" and "USB debugging notify" enabled in Developer options.

If I boot the phone into Fastboot mode and connect it to the PC I get an "Android Phone" with a "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface" showing in Device Manager.   If I run fastboot.exe it can see the phone but if I run adb.exe it can't see the phone so I can't even use the push and pull commands.

C:\Android>fastboot devices
57062bbb        fastboot

C:\Android>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

C:\Android>

The only way I can find at the moment to get files to the phone is by removing the SD card and copying files to it then putting it back in the phone which is messy, any help would be appreciated.