[ROM][5.1.1] F-AOSP [Y300/G510] [16/05/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest fonz93

Take a look at the screen cap.

The 'when to activate' section has the dock function. (Selected) (A dock is a stand where you 'dock' your phone. It keeps it nice and visible and charges it at the same time.)

Now we know the software supports a dock. However, the hardware must 'indicate' when the phone has been plugged into the dock.

And there is my question. Does the y300's hardware supports a dock stand? attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-05-26-12-02-10.png

That's depend on the dock, if it uses a simple micro-usb, it should work

Yeah I openned app from launcher and then created logcat. Yeah I had little bit of problem with the second app but that was just testing don't mind that :D

And there is some "not found" error in logcat but I don't know how to fix it. 

This?

Asset path '/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar' does not exist or contains no resources.

It should exist if you installed the right Gapps package, anyway i don't know why it FC to you

Guest Catlish

That's depend on the dock, if it uses a simple micro-usb, it should work

I think is not that simple. I mean, of course any dock that could fit the phone could work. BUT, the dock must let the phone know he is in a dock! otherwise, how does the phone knows it's in a dock instead of simply charging. I've researched and I found how the branded docks do so. 1 using special contacts on the phone's body. 2 using a magnet or 3, they modify the voltage they transmit to the data wires on the usb plug. 4 NFC

I know the Y300 doens't have NFC, Contacts on the body or a magnetometer, so. I think the only option left is the usb data volt change. BUT, i don't know if you can tweak that using the kernel to see if a different volt will trigger such thing.

Guest TheBohush

This?

Asset path '/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar' does not exist or contains no resources.

It should exist if you installed the right Gapps package, anyway i don't know why it FC to you

Umm no I didn't mean this I meant error that starts at line 6145, I think this is why it wont start. And I think this Asset path error is caused by bloatware removal script that removed MusicFX but I'm using viper anyway.

Edited by TheBohush

Guest fonz93

I know the Y300 doens't have NFC, Contacts on the body or a magnetometer, so. I think the only option left is the usb data volt change. BUT, i don't know if you can tweak that using the kernel to see if a different volt will trigger such thing.

This is probably the only way, but is not that simple, i don't own a dock and this thing will need a lot of debugging and probably i have to search and cherry pick commits, i won't lie to you, it's not worth for me and i won't probably try to look into it, atleast not for now that we have to fix more important bugs

Guest Catlish

This is probably the only way, but is not that simple, i don't own a dock and this thing will need a lot of debugging and probably i have to search and cherry pick commits, i won't lie to you, it's not worth for me and i won't probably try to look into it, atleast not for now that we have to fix more important bugs

dw, I get it, and of course, the bugs are way more important than a dock not many people is going to use in a phone is not actually on the market anymore

I was just wondering how to make it work. But anyway. I will try my best. I know using tasker you can do this, but come on, this is a dev forum.

If I can get to somewhere, I'll let you know. Keep the great job!

Guest fonz93

dw, I get it, and of course, the bugs are way more important than a dock not many people is going to use in a phone is not actually on the market anymore

I was just wondering how to make it work. But anyway. I will try my best. I know using tasker you can do this, but come on, this is a dev forum.

If I can get to somewhere, I'll let you know. Keep the great job!

If you really like it and you have time to look at it, you can install an ubuntu 14.04 (the easiest one) on a virtualbox, then you can start cherrypicking commits into this kernel: https://github.com/SlimLP-Y300/chil360-kernel

You may need some days to be familiar with git (if you aren't already), but if it's worth for you, you can give it a try

Guest Catlish

If you really like it and you have time to look at it, you can install an ubuntu 14.04 (the easiest one) on a virtualbox, then you can start cherrypicking commits into this kernel: https://github.com/SlimLP-Y300/chil360-kernel

You may need some days to be familiar with git (if you aren't already), but if it's worth for you, you can give it a try

Sweet, i'll give it a try.

I've never cooked a ROM or a kernel, but I had to start learning someday. and there are plenty of tutorials do.

Guest hgoldy300

How can I integrate Google Play Store and Google play service updates into /system?????

I use link2sd to integrate play store. But don't try to integrate play services it won't start and all google apps won't work.

Guest andersonlugo

Hi,

I Installed the latest version and I found but that when I enable the screen lock option shortly presents black screen :o. is this possible?

Good job dev.

Guest El customizator

Hey fonz93, I don't want to be annoying but...are you going yo build another version of this aosp mod or the 16/05/2015 is the last one?

Anyway..thanks a lot for the rom, though I've now come back to your b209 version of stock rom :)

Guest fonz93

Since lollipop have been released for this device, i always get a strange problems on all custom Lollipop ROMs (only there, no problems on JB or KK), during and after a call (this bug is gone after 1-2 minutes), the screen is blinking, it seems that i am the only one having this bug, so i might have a different display or something like that...

Is anyone having this weird bug?

Guest Jairus1998

Since lollipop have been released for this device, i always get a strange problems on all custom Lollipop ROMs (only there, no problems on JB or KK), during and after a call (this bug is gone after 1-2 minutes), the screen is blinking, it seems that i am the only one having this bug, so i might have a different display or something like that...

I've been having that on all lollipop custom ROMs

Sometime it doesn't happen. I'm finding a solution to this.

Edit;

I forgot to metion that it doesn't happen for long duration call.

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest El customizator

Me too I noticed that....and the other problem is that I can't play most of the videos in streaming online...

Guest fonz93

Me too I noticed that....and the other problem is that I can't play most of the videos in streaming online...

That's because OMX are broken (hardware/GPU decoders)

Edited by fonz93

Guest El customizator

That's because OMX are broken (hardware/GPU decoders)

And (sorry if I'm not an expert but I've just started programming with java/javascript) is there a way to fix it or is it a lollipop bug?

Guest fonz93

And (sorry if I'm not an expert but I've just started programming with java/javascript) is there a way to fix it or is it a lollipop bug?

It's a device specific bug, no way to fix it for now

Guest Catlish

For me, the only problem with calls is a little lag in the dialer and in the on-call screen.

BTW USB tethering is not working. The device reboots when you select that. I haven't tried Wi-Fi tethering tho.

Guest ondrasouk

I need help...

I builded PAC-man ROM 5.1.1 and my wifi doesn't work, in log i find this: WifiHW Unable to open connection to supplicant on "@android:wpa_eth0": No such file or directory

wpa_supplicant Could not read interface eth0 flags: No such device

wpa_supplicant eth0Failed to initialize driver interface

and I use repos: https://gitlab.com/groups/PAC-Y300 -all is awesome!!(thanks chill360)

proprietary_vendor_huawei-cm-12.1- I don't know where I download it(maybe F-AOSP?)

chil360-kernel-lp5.1

android_hardware_qcom_display-cm-12.1-caf-msm7x27a

android_hardware_qcom_gps-cm-12.1

android_hardware_atheros_wifi_ath6kl-huawei-master

android_hardware_atheros_wlan-cm-12.1

and I use SlimLP manifest to place repos to the right place

Guest fonz93

I need help...

I builded PAC-man ROM 5.1.1 and my wifi doesn't work, in log i find this: WifiHW Unable to open connection to supplicant on "@android:wpa_eth0": No such file or directory

and I use repos: https://gitlab.com/groups/PAC-Y300 -all is awesome!!(thanks chill360)

proprietary_vendor_huawei-cm-12.1- I don't know where I download it(maybe F-AOSP?)

chil360-kernel-lp5.1

Fork this: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_wpa_supplicant_8/tree/cm-12.1

and try to revert this:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_wpa_supplicant_8/commit/4b8ef3cdb91739828b66b668f66a4f6b81f34e09

Edited by fonz93

Guest CreasingMass

I need help...

chil360-kernel-lp5.1

:0

Pac 5.1.1 hype!