Micromax Canvas Nitro A311

Guest suarchu3

Guest suarchu3

Greeting guys,

I have been using different custom roms ported for coolpad f1 using the links and guides provided in this forum. But my volume up button always decreases the volume in every single rom. I am currently using Xperia rom for nitro A310 and the same problem persists. I have used MIUI for coolpad f1 about 3 months without volume up button. It's not easy to use like that.

Please help us (Nitro A311 users) if there is any workaround/ patch.

P.S. I have used patch provided by pinto thakur in xda forum but it makes navbar transparent and RAM usage high.

Thank you.

Hoping for a solution or guide.

Guest dalyer

For what it's worth I think that ClockworkMod has an option to do a key test so you can see what codes the volume up and down keys return.

That could be compared against what the Coolpad returns.

I can't check right now as I have TWRP not CWM installed.

Maybe the codes are swapped on the two phones for some reason?

That doesn't solve the problem but it might explain it and make it easier to find a solution?

Edit: maybe it's possible to use this tutorial to swap the volume key keycodes even though the gpio-keys.kl file mentioned doesn't exist on my Coolpad F1 (running A310 AOSP repack).

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/11355-tutorial-how-to-remap-android-hardware-keys/ 

Edit 2: just checked my /system/usr/keylayout/mtk-kpd.kl file and it has:

key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE_DROPPED

key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE_DROPPED

Wonder if these are swapped on the Micromax or something?

Edited by dalyer

Guest suarchu3

I also have TWRP here and I really don't have any clue about swapping the keys. I will research a bit and see what happens. Thank you.