Coolpad F1 after one year-what do you love and what do you hate?

Guest firuromania

Guest firuromania

After a year of use-

-Love it-ROM support is fantastic!

-reliability is very good

-community is fantastic!

Hate it-sound is muffled when you put the phone facing up

-battery is so so and SOT also

-WiFi and 3g is consuming a lot of battery-is it hardware?

-the plastic cover of rear camera is bended but I never use it without cover-

-back cover is slippery

-this is a phone for China users-except ROM baked by european developers,in original Coolpad ROMS there are tons of chinese bloatware-

-there are virtually no bugfree ROMS because it is closed source and majority of custom ROM are ported.I respect developers for their work ad this is not their fault,but Coolpad fault.

-not good for gaming-any task that demand CPU is sucking juice from battery-

Guest Arpione

-there are virtually no bugfree ROMS because it is closed source and majority of custom ROM are ported.

That's the only real negative for me (it's a big one though), otherwise I'm really satisfied with it.

Guest 77chedu

Sure you do. I had a Nexus 4, and back then, not even changed the launcher, but that doesn't mean it's bugless or that you're getting the most juice out of that particular hardware

What I love about our phone is its reliability -fingers crossed- compared to other phones with similar hardware specs and lots of hardware-related issues

I hate CoolUI. I understand that it's tailor-made for a specific market and that a lot of users like that sort of roms, but, god, I can't stand it. 

Guest slime00

the phone has been (and for some aspects partially still is) the best 120-130 euros could bring to the table, the phone had/has (almost) it all and everything included is good quality, that's what I like. They cut the right corners (sensors, rom space, battery just enough for daily use ) to give quality on everything else (camera, screen, audio, processor, RAM and internal not visible but quality components, llike gps antenna, wifi etc..). Let's not forget that mt6592 was freshly released when the F1 was released (TD version on february) and paired it with a gorlla glass and a sony imx135, so they really sold the machine for a strict profit compared to what competitors offered on the same range... huawei was selling the 3c (mt6582) at 140-160€! 
Software-wise yes, coolpad could have done a better overall job (not a single bugless rom, even if we have very close ones), but they gave a major update and should have another one coming in weeks/months (along with thousand of minor weekly updates), so at least we have to give them thumbs up for this, only very few brands (not only in china) do this.

Long life to the mighty F1! :D

Guest dalyer

I've never seen a bugless rom.

Especially when you find a much better feature in another rom   :D

If your/77chedu's A310 repack has bugs then I'm hard pushed to find them.

Excellent ROM for everyday use.

Maybe too boring (AOSP) for some people but fine for me.

My original report of random reboots was bogus and was most likely down to some app/configuration/Xposed module.

Guest korekore1

hate --> the f@ckin mediatek closed sources BS,that doesn't let us have a proper rom.And the crappy mediatek gps implementation.

love --> good hardware for the money (if you don't mind not having a good rom to use it at 100%)

Edited by korekore1

Guest Jpower73

Hate : sound quality output. Especially speaker... You need to install sound improving "machines"  like viper4android and dolby atmos to get a decent sound on both external speaker and earphones. 

It is supposed to implement  a professional sound chip, (es9018 dac)...!! 

Love: everything else :) 

Guest trashbat

Love: price, performance, solid build - i've dropped mine quite a few times, reliability 

Dislike: battery life, camera (sometimes) 

I wouldn't mind 'upgrading' to another phone after having the coolpad for a year but there is nothing with hardware that's amazing enough to make me take the leap 

Guest zltnngy

After 6 months of use, I like:

-2 gb ram is very cool, performance is good

-ROM support and community is fantastic

-reliability is very good, the rom I use is stable (emui)

Hate it

-back cover looked decent when it was new, now it is full of scratches. And it is very slippery especially in cold weather. And it has crackling sound. Terrible quality overall, the worst thing about this phone.

-audio quality is a bit disappointing for me. Even my noname chinese tablet has better sound through earphones. Viper helps a bit.

-camera needs manual tweaking in quite a few cases

-GPS is not accurate, not reliable in more complex situations

Overall it is a decent phone, very good for my needs like heavy web browsing, multitasking, youtube etc.. Also camera is good enough for me, so I don't think I will replace it in the next two years. (I used my previous phone for 3 years)

Edited by zltnngy