changing the dailer and contacts back ground

Guest meamir90

Guest meamir90

does anyone knows how to change the back ground of dailer and contact? its white and so annoying plus consume large battery as well. 

i try to modify dailer.apk and contacts.apk but didnt help me.  Actually, i dnt know what is needed to be changed.

Guest dalyer

Anybody else got suggestions/recommendations on custom dialers/contacts apps?

There seem to be lots but it's difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Guest meamir90

i tried the flashable dailer zip from xda forum, but none of them work. i even tried the old methods of modifying the .png images from the contacts.apk and dailer.apk zip and even that didnt work out. 

Guest 77chedu

Anybody else got suggestions/recommendations on custom dialers/contacts apps?

There seem to be lots but it's difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Ex dialer seems to be a popular choice. I really don't use third party apps for that

If I don't like a particular dialer I use white one -the one that's in latest maucat, for instance- that seems to play nice with almost any rom. But white themed apks being annoying battery hogs, it won't make much sense to post a flashable zip on this particular thread

Contacts apks are not that compatible. Even from an aosp-like rom to another, you may get a force close. Some do work if you've already sync with your google account

Guest korekore1

does anyone knows how to change the back ground of dailer and contact? its white and so annoying plus consume large battery as well.

i try to modify dailer.apk and contacts.apk but didnt help me. Actually, i dnt know what is needed to be changed.

you have to open the apk with 7zip,find the images you want to replace and replace them with the ones you want after you give them the same name with the ones you changed.Its pretty easy,i ve done it many times on my previous android.

This works if the background that you want to change is an image and it is not drawn in realtime by the system.If this is the case then you have to dig deeper and have some knowledge.

You could also search for some xposed module that lets you customize app's colors,there are a few out there.

If you dont mind changing the default dialer you can also try exdialer,its way better than any default dialer