Most stable ROM for CoolPad F1 8297W at the moment

Guest Dave1000

Guest Dave1000

Hi,

I've been using a ROM that was recommended to me on here back in November 2014, it was called jonzalvos PURE AOSP 2.0 on android 4.2.2

On the whole, its been a great ROM (nice and clutter free).

Is this ROM still the most stable, or have things moved on ?

The real reason I'm wanting a new ROM is simply because I can't get bluetooth to connect with a heart monitor I've bought for running. My girlfriend's Moto G phone works fine with it, so it's definitely a ROM or bluetooth hardware issue on my Coolpad F1 8297W. I'm hoping a newer ROM will fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Dave1000

Guest Dave1000

Thanks, I've updated to (Coolpad_F1w_AOSP_4.4_A310_v3_by_dakok.zip). It looks good.

However I've still got my problem trying to connect to my Bluetooth smart heart rate monitor.

As I said on my original post it connects fine to my girlfriends Moto G phone (no passkey required). But when I try to connect to my Coolpad F1 always get this error.

Screenshot_2015-09-09-00-13-33.thumb.png

The only think I can think of is that although the F1 is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 devices, it doesn't like Bluetooth smart devices 

Bluetooth smart devices don't use PINs or passkeys, so the error is a load of rubbish anyway.

Have any of you chaps ever successfully connected a Bluetooth smart device to your F1?

Edited by Dave1000

Guest Kurtinaitis

I succesfully paired and used Xiaomi MiBand with Maucat AOSP (January version) but i dont' know if it's a Bluetooth Smart device.

It didn't use PIN for pairing but for first time an app was necessary. I lost it a few months ago

Guest Dave1000

I could never get my MiBand to pair but I think it's the band and not the F1/ROM. I gave up in the end.

Would this help at all?

Thanks, this looks like it might be the answer to using bluetooth smart (aka bluetooth LE) devices on this phone.

It basically tells you to download a file called android.hardware.bluetooth_le.xlm and copy it into your phones /system/etc/permissions folder.

However, when I try and do the copy, the app I'm using ES file explorer says /system/etc/permissions a read only folder.

My phone is still rooted according to root checker. So any ideas how to get around this problem ?

Edited by Dave1000

Guest Dave1000

You need to enable root access/mounting in ESfileexplorer.

It's in one of the menus.

Thanks, I found the option, it's called root explorer.

I've now copied the file successfully, rebooted the phone. And now my running apps see my Bluetooth smart device and they can connect to it.

Thanks for all the help, everybody.

JOB DONE  

EDIT : Well sort of job done: The readings are all over the place. I get a nice steady 70 beats per min on the moto G in the Endomondo running app, but the same app on the Coolpad F1 shows my heart rate fluctuating between 50 to 150 in the space of a second while sat still LOL.

Before upgrading from PURE-AOSP-CoolPad-8297W-V2.0-by-jonzalvo.zip     to    Coolpad_F1w_AOSP_4.4_A310_v3_by_dakok.zip.  I took a backup in recovery.

So I might try this fix back on the old ROM.

To restore back to my old ROM, is it just a case of booting into recovery and doing the restore or do you have to do all the wipes like you do when installing a new ROM from a zip file? I'm using CWM 6.0.5.0 by the way.

Cheers  

Edited by Dave1000

but the same app on the Coolpad F1 shows my heart rate fluctuating between 50 to 150 in the space of a second while sat still LOL.

What can I say - it's an exciting phone! 

To restore back to my old ROM, is it just a case of booting into recovery and doing the restore or do you have to do all the wipes like you do when installing a new ROM from a zip file? I'm using CWM 6.0.5.0 by the way.

I would normally do wipes and formats before restoring the backup just to avoid any contamination from the old ROM onto the restored one.

Don't wipe the sdcard on which the backup is stored though! 

Guest Dave1000

UPDATE : After doing more testing and comparing my Bluetooth smart heart monitors performance with the our Moto G and the Coolpad F1 its performance is exactly the same. I think the spurious readings were probably just caused by the electrodes on the heart monitor not making a good enough contact with my skin.

Guest Dave1000

Glad you got it sorted.

Never did manage to get my MiBand to pair/connect... 

Did you ever try pairing/connecting it to a completely different phone, to work out if it the device itself could have been faulty?