[ROM] [4.4.2] Mystic OS v3.0

Guest dakok

Guest Kurtinaitis

Terrible RAM usage. Only among 200-300 MB free. It looks like all Material themed ROMs. It has some interesting apps for tweaking accesible from special menu (the main difference among all these kind of roms), but nothing new except overheating :)

Kinguser instead Supersu

After greenifying almost everything, about 500 MB free.

77chedu's Material is much better in terms of system resources usage.

Guest korekore1

Terrible RAM usage. Only among 200-300 MB free. It looks like all Material themed ROMs. It has some interesting apps for tweaking accesible from special menu (the main difference among all these kind of roms), but nothing new except overheating :)

Kinguser instead Supersu

After greenifying almost everything, about 500 MB free.

77chedu's Material is much better in terms of system resources usage.

You can't judge a rom's performance from the amount of available free memory.Your phone will not work better/faster the more free ram you have.Android is not Windows.It is actually a good thing because less free memory means more system processes pre-cached,which means faster loading times and better UI responce times.

Also Have you tried multitasking on roms that come with 1-1.2gb of free ram available?Yes,it is non-existant.The system kills apps very quickly to free app memory so that you can see that 1-1.2gb of free memory.That also causes bigger battery consumption.

I also installed this rom and i will post a mini review at night after i do some tests.If the rom doesn't lag its ok with me even if it has 5mb of free memory..!

Guest Kurtinaitis

You can't judge a rom's performance from the amount of available free memory.Your phone will not work better/faster the more free ram you have.Android is not Windows.It is actually a good thing because less free memory means more system processes pre-cached,which means faster loading times and better UI responce times.

Also Have you tried multitasking on roms that come with 1-1.2gb of free ram available?Yes,it is non-existant.The system kills apps very quickly to free app memory so that you can see that 1-1.2gb of free memory.That also causes bigger battery consumption.

I also installed this rom and i will post a mini review at night after i do some tests.If the rom doesn't lag its ok with me even if it has 5mb of free memory..!

Well, i'm not judging the ROM. Only my experience on it.

Now, my explanation:

I think the the most ROMs that runs over 600 or 700 MB of usage at the booting of system are well optimized and it`s not due killing processes. Instead i think that "leech RoMs" like this one are bad optimized. I get more than 7 hours SOT with Inew. If what you're saying is correct it might be impossible.

When you have 200 free MB you do not have many resources for your user apps. At the moment when you raise the limit of RAM and one your apps need these resources , the system hard kill another  cached app (if you want to use it again it consume CPU again). When you are constantly rounding the limit it's going to happen often. This fact leads to a increase of CPU usage.

Whats the point of being constantly next to the limit if when you open an app the system forces the closing of another one in memory

Edited by Kurtinaitis

Guest 77chedu

It has a couple of nice touches. Card-stack recent apps ahowing like on Lollipop, for instance, looking way better than my attemps on doing something like that on my rom, although it's been remapped

It has a partial fix on that problem that most of these roms have with the music players controls on the notification area, which is using a shade of grey instead of white for the background

Off course, Liutao's port has all his usual stuff that needs to be removed, plus some extra lib cleanup, because the hw folder has been pasted twice while making the port

After google sync, it stays around 700-800mb ram on my phone, but I had already removed most of the chinese stuff before flashing

Edited by 77chedu

Guest Kurtinaitis

It has a couple of nice touches. Card-stack recent apps ahowing like on Lollipop, for instance, looking way better than my attemps on doing something like that on my rom, although it's been remapped

It has a partial fix on that problem that most of these roms have with the music players controls on the notification area, which is using a shade of grey instead of white for the background

Off course, Liutao's port has all his usual stuff that needs to be removed, plus some extra lib cleanup, because the hw folder has been pasted twice while making the port

After google sync, it stays around 700-800mb ram on my phone, but I had already removed most of the chinese stuff before flashing

It might be due to Liutao stuff. I don't have the knowledge to modify a ROM safely.

I'm telling my experience with this ROM.

But 700-800 MB is a usual memory usage.

Guest korekore1

Well, i'm not judging the ROM. Only my experience on it.

Now, my explanation:

I think the the most ROMs that runs over 600 or 700 MB of usage at the booting of system are well optimized and it`s not due killing processes. Instead i think that "leech RoMs" like this one are bad optimized. I get more than 7 hours SOT with Inew. If what you're saying is correct it might be impossible.

When you have 200 free MB you do not have many resources for your user apps. At the moment when you raise the limit of RAM and one your apps need these resources , the system hard kill another  cached app (if you want to use it again it consume CPU again). When you are constantly rounding the limit it's going to happen often. This fact leads to a increase of CPU usage.

Whats the point of being constantly next to the limit if when you open an app the system forces the closing of another one in memory

well the system keeps most used apps cached and chooses to kill the least often used/oldest ones if needed i suppose.After some time of usage this rom has about 600mb free so i suppose maybe it is a best of both worlds configuration,we'll see how it performs..

Now:My main issue with this rom (and i don't know if it is a bug or if it is the way lollipop deals with notifications) is that both quick settings and notifications share the same drop down page.I mean if you have more than 2 notifications (something that happens very often) you can't see them all at once because the quick settings tiles take up all the screen space.You then have approximately 1cm of screen space to use to scroll the notifications so that you can see them. (i have set the lcd density to 320 that is a normal viewing size,the roms default setting was way too small for me)

Is there a way to see only the notifications page without the quick settings? Am i missing something here or this is the way lollipop ui works?

Edited by korekore1

Guest 77chedu

I don't know if it's really a Lollipop thing or something related to that particular modified systemui.apk. In any case, you have heads-up notifications included on the rom, and it will probably reset to a normal KK dropdown if you use Gravitybox. At least that was what happened on my material reloaded, so I ditched the systemUI lollipop gimmick

Guest korekore1

I don't know if it's really a Lollipop thing or something related to that particular modified systemui.apk. In any case, you have heads-up notifications included on the rom, and it will probably reset to a normal KK dropdown if you use Gravitybox. At least that was what happened on my material reloaded, so I ditched the systemUI lollipop gimmick

well i tried to find such setting but i couldn't.. do you remember what this setting is?The rom is good but if i don't find a workaround for this issue its useless to me.Heads up notifications don't help because they invade on top of everything and they also get dismissed after some time,its not practical at all.

Gravity box works but not on everything.You can add tiles but you can't hide the huge brightness toggle for example.

i did,good idea and he is probably building it right now.Very fast rom

Yep, transitions and animations seemed snappier than in other L themed roms. I didn't check if the values were changed or if it's a merit of the rom, because Liutao's is not a direct port. It comes from a redmi note version

I didn't care for a couple of minor things though: gallery shouldn't be themed for me; that particular customization doesn't add anything on my opinion. Also I think that having both Cyano's DSP and Viper embedded on the settings is somehow redundant. That DSP is like a lite version of Viper

If you get an answer, a modified policy.jar would be nice to remap the recent apps button back to "normal" for our phone

Edited by 77chedu

Guest korekore1

its a good attempt,probably v4 is going to be the one we need.I agree on the 2 dsp managers even thought one can just not use/delete them.I use  nova and gravity that let you remap the capasitive buttons by yourself,even thought in this rom long pressing home button while on an open app won't get you to recents.My main issue is the weird notification/quick settings panel implementation,it is just not practical.The thing i liked most is the very fast opening of apps

Guest mixanikosgr

i'v got quite small icons and font afer flash this rom. is it normal?

i was using twrp for flashing

You must edit the buildprop file in /system.

Find the line with lcd_density and change the value to 320.

shut down the phone, from recovery wipe cache & dalvik and reboot.

You can also change it in the rom zip and flash it again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...