OK so how can we get Lollipop rooted ?

Guest samac

Guest Mnecraft368

Nice, that last post was only posted 10 mins from when i making this post, flashing takes a while so i am hoping for an update later today (half an hour hoping, maybe 1 hour?) My luck it will be 2 hours or maybe 9999 hours 0_0

Crys for being inpaitiont :( and cant spell ;( :( :(

Edited by Mnecraft368

Guest Mnecraft368

Oh look my luck was flushed down the toilet :) its been 2 hours, (Remembers day when he rooted his old hudl) Flashing my old hudl took like 3 hours :(

THIS POST IS NOT ASKING FOR IT TO BE DONE OR BEING INPATIENT, ITS JUST ANOTHER USLESS POST

Guest vampirefo
24 minutes ago, dennissingh99 said:

@vampirefo Any luck with that process??

Yes and no, your fastboot flashes exactly as it should, I can use your fastboot to boot into recovery, or back into fastboot the problem is I can't communicate via command line, your kernel is not compatible with my device for fastboot commands. So I boot to  recovery, I have custom recovery I  flash my stock fastboot or a modified fastboot, using your fastboot, with my kernel and it works as expected.

So one of two things need to happen, we need to find a compatible kernel to your device. and flash that fastboot, or flash a modified fastboot, meaning my fastboot with you kernel. what kernel are you using? my kernel is 3.10.20x86_64_byt.

We are closer now, then we was need your kernel version so we know what to look for, also if you want you could try to flash modified version, my fastboot your kernel no ideal what would happen on your device, on my device works as expected.

Guest vampirefo

Do you want me to pack my fastboot with your kernel for you to try and flash on your device? Up to you.

Or you want to flash SDC insecure bootloader, or wait and try and find a device using same kernel as hudl2?

Guest dennissingh99

Yeah I'll wait until a kernel similar to the hudl 2 is found. What are the chances of it working? Is your tablet very similar to the hudl 2?

Edited by dennissingh99

Guest vampirefo
45 minutes ago, dennissingh99 said:

@vampirefo Yes finally we are getting closer. The kernel on this device is 3.10.62x86_64_byt

Here is modified fastboot if someone wants to try.

fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24349802275799812

after install select reboot to bootloader

now run

fastboot devices

Edited by vampirefo

Guest vampirefo
4 minutes ago, dennissingh99 said:

That should be your ticket then. http://dottech.org/185870/how-to-root-dell-venue-8-7840-on-android-5-1-lollipop-guide/

Guest vampirefo

It's a tough decision, this or the modified fastboot.img take your time don't rush either one of these methods could kill your fastboot mode, or they could help you to root.

Third option is to flash insecure bootloader from SDC.

Guest vampirefo

@vampirefoWell thats what happened?? what do i need to do now. all of the devices have drivers in device manager or should i install the dell drivers stated in the website??

56831cc9dfc55_Screenshot(7).png.0494953b1a6a3fe624909cd111da608c.png

That's a windows tool, I use Linux the commands would be fastboot commands. That tool is just going to use fastboot commands.

Guest dennissingh99

@vampirefo yes but the link you gave me above doesnt want me to use fastbot it wants me to use the intel flash tool. This is what i get in the folder when i unzip the file. which one should i flash and where?

Screenshot (8).png

Edited by dennissingh99

Guest vampirefo
@vampirefo yes but the link you gave me above doesnt want me to use fastbot it wants me to use the intel flash tool. This is what i get in the folder when i unzip the file. which one should i flash and where?

56831f5a2cf9d_Screenshot(8).png.7d09419402d7107cb82bc9f45e4adbcc.png

Open 502_droidboot_and_firmware.xml With a test editor, open all the .xml files and see what they are asking the tool to do.

Guest vampirefo

That was be software to modify bootloader, very odd. I would stop don't flash it, need to hex edit the file and see what it's for.

Don't flash any of it, as I am unsure why bootloader is being modified, could be a dell thing.

Guest vampirefo

OK looking at it, this is required for dell, but you need firmware to switch back to hudl2 forget this method unless you have hudl2 firmware.

Can't win for losing. Still have insecure bootloader or modified fastboot, neither requires firmware.

Guest dennissingh99
7 minutes ago, vampirefo said:

OK looking at it, this is required for dell, but you need firmware to switch back to hudl2 forget this method unless you have hudl2 firmware.

U mean a copy of droidboot? I do have that. I also have a copy of the boot.img

Edited by dennissingh99

Guest vampirefo

5 minutes ago, vampirefo said: OK looking at it, this is required for dell, but you need firmware to switch back to hudl2 forget this method unless you have hudl2 firmware.
U mean a copy of droidboot? I do have that

No it's more that droidboot, the first file flashed is droidboot, the second is software modification.