Is my Coolpad officially dead ( recovery problem,cant restore or flash or anything )

Guest matejsolid

Guest matejsolid

Hy guys I have big problem,I dont know what to do,I flashed this rom MTK 6592 but it wont boot so I tried to restore backupage image and everything goes fine and in the end I get this message.

I tried flashing different no effect,I cant mount sd card,internal are non existent guys please help.

E : format_volume : makeext4fs failed on / emmc@cache

Can't tell for sure without seeing any detailed log, but I could guess that there could be some bad block in built-in flash in 'cache' partition area.

I suggest to:

- connect to phone via ADB when you're in recovery or use terminal (still in recovery if it's touch recovery, like TWRP),

- use Linux low level tools to create fs and mark bad blocks (ensuring that it's normal EXT4 filesystem, not some modified one and that you have the tools in your recovery) - "badblocks" & "mkfs.ext4" ("mke2fs") - try to search for some docs on that.

I have done such things few years ago with old Android 4.0.3 AllWinner A10 tablet - despite many bad blocks (which I have marked as bad and ommited to not use for data), including /system & /data areas, it's still working up to now. At that time this tablet got bricked because my daughter connected completely drained tablet to USB charger which didn't have enough power to keep tablet awake and it was constantly starting & resetting all the time for whole day (& maybe night, too), which resulted in built-in flash corruption.

Guest matejsolid

Can you be more specified,any tutorial how to do this without google so I cant do any more damage.

I dont have clear picture where to start so any additional info would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

So try first with:

1. Installing ADB client on PC & ADB drivers (you can find many instructions for that), then:

adb shell

Next commands in recovery shell (inside connected ADB shell):

ls -l /emmc@cache

to ensure that it's symlink to /dev/block/mmcblk0p9.

You should get output like:

root@Coolpad8297W:/ # ls -l /emmc@cache
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              1970-01-01 01:00 emmc@cache -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

(prompt can differ, depends on recovery which you'll use)

Next try to recreate EXT4 filesystem on it with bad blocks check:

mke2fs -cc -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

If you'll get no errors then you can try to mount it:

mount -t ext4 /emmc@cache /cache

If still no problems then, unmount it, sync & reboot phone:

umount /cache

sync

reboot

You should have now working /cache partition.

& next time reflashing ROMs you should try to avoid formating /cache (erase its content instead) as most likely next formating of this partition via recovery might use also bad blocks.

It's just quick & dirty instruction written ad-hoc, based on my general UNIX & embedded devices experience, tried to be as simple as it could and I haven't checked if it works on any recoveries on F1.

At least going carefully through these steps it shouldn't break anything as in yours case  /cache is already corrupted and needs to be cleaned anyway, just ensure that symlink above is correct & don't make any typo.

Other things that you may try if above wont help:

1. Make current filesystem check & repair:

e2fsck -y -c -f -v /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

This should do automated check forcing all answers for "yes" for any fix proposals, with bad blocks check, forcing even if fs is marked as clean & higher verbosity of log output.

2. (as alternative) Erase all /cache partition area and try to format it again via recovery option:

dd if=/dev/zero bs=4096 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9

Edited by xeros2

Guest matejsolid

What Rom did you flashed anyway?

This

http://computerplusandroid.blogspot.hr/2015/08/rom-miui-v6-610-for-mtk6592.html

Dont ask why,I'm an idiot,MIUI 7 worked perfectly and I thought hey lets try this ROM I bet its better than MIUI and you see how it ended.

What did go wrong ?

@xeros BIG THANKS,I'll try now,do you think this issue is repairable ? 

Edited by matejsolid

If this happened after flashing single ROM and you didn't have issues before then it might not be flash issue but rather incompatible ROM which might have changed partitioning.

Still, it should be possible to fix it.

I think the easiest way would be flashing complete stock firmware (including use of scatter file) first to fix the issue and later flash your chosen correct ROM.

Guest matejsolid

What do you mean easiest way,you mean I can just flash full stock rom and partition will fix itself ?

When I try to flash stock .cpb rom via CDA tool I get this ( F1 is in fastboot mode and it is recognized in Windows ) what does this mean ?

I tried 2-3 tutorials of ADB,everything is so messed up,I dont know any more what to install,what not to,what is google driver,what is adb etc. can you help with flashing stock ROM as you mentioned ?

fakk.jpg

Edited by matejsolid

Guest matejsolid

Im really desperate,tried every driver is out there,cant do s*** with either YGDP or Coolpad Assistant.

I can not instal MTK 65xx USB Vcom drivers,this is closest thing I get.

I dont know,but for second it started downloading files in YGDP and boot image changed to chinese Coolpad logo and F1 and that all,now I can not enter recovery,only factory mode pops up and when I connect USB to PC I get MTB storage no driver,when I connect without battery on occasions I get like in these picture.

So basically can I just smash it against wall ?

nothing.jpg

Guest matejsolid

Managed to flash with Coolpad Download Assistant ( recognized adb interface when I switched to Fastboot mode in phone ) but no effect,Coolpad boot logo and this weird interface.

16170001.JPG

Guest matejsolid

Oy people,Coolpad rised from dead :D

With help of another forum member from Telekineza forum ( rista1 THANKS AGAIN ),he gave me link to another ROM ( 4.4.4 version ) I managed to flash with Coolpad Assistand and everything works good,only con is recovery is now in chinese.

I think when I flash new recovery everything is easy ...

Guest Blastigor

Oy people,Coolpad rised from dead :D

With help of another forum member from Telekineza forum ( rista1 THANKS AGAIN ),he gave me link to another ROM ( 4.4.4 version ) I managed to flash with Coolpad Assistand and everything works good,only con is recovery is now in chinese.

I think when I flash new recovery everything is easy ...

would you explain us the step to make it rised from dead, please.

Guest matejsolid

would you explain us the step to make it rised from dead, please.

Flashed 4.4.2 rom from YGDP,then changed from stock to custom recovery and flashed custom ROM.
Everything same as described in dakok's post for unbricking Coolpad dveice.

• 4 months later...