[ROM][6.0][ALL] CyanogenMod 13 [18/12/2016]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib
20 hours ago, herrdeh said:

What about camera? - On 4.4.4, camera still to me is the crucial bug, it always works nicely for a certain time after reboot, but later fails. What about camera on 6.0?

Mine dies immediately. logcat mentions tons of things, not sure which one is crucial, but there is a FATAL_EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread for example

(Oh sorry I did not realize the question concerned the patch by John Mendez, I never tried it, did not even know it helps anything else beyond black screens (which I don't have), thought you ask about the latest build.)

Edited by anotherjib

Guest Alias
5 hours ago, herrdeh said:

What about camera? - On 4.4.4, camera still to me is the crucial bug, it always works nicely for a certain time after reboot, but later fails. What about camera on 6.0?

It works! Both images and videos. 

Guest herrdeh

CM13 is doing quite a good job, not yet sure whether SwiftKey makes it really laggy.

But one problem from slimKat still persists on my phone: When uploading any file, the phone will reboot. - This might be an issue, caused by some data garbage of something like an "upload manager" or so. Does anybody know where to look for this beast?

W

Guest sarvz0001

hey am  getting some problem while installing this rom ( cm13 but not cm12) .its stuck  at the installing screen .plzz help.   p.s sorry for bad english

Edited by sarvz0001

Guest pesartom
2 hours ago, sarvz0001 said:

hey am  getting some problem while installing this rom ( cm13 but not cm12) .its stuck  at the installing screen .plzz help.   p.s sorry for bad english

its not stuck, just wait for some minutes. it takes some time to install.

Guest sarvz0001
4 hours ago, pesartom said:

thx bro...but this time  when i choose a language on the welcoming page it automatially restart  my phone ...any idea how to fix that 

Guest sarvz0001
4 hours ago, pesartom said:

thx bro...but this time  when i choose a language on the welcoming page it automatially restart  my phone ...any idea how to fix that 

Guest ilich

Someone know how to fix the wifi issue? alway says "Connected,not internet" and wont let me skip that step, so i can't finish the instalation 

Edited by ilich

Guest Chaser Seraphim

I was flashed ROM, JohnMendez fix (for black screen) and gapps pico...after 5 days phone works perfect and no black screen what i was have before! :)

Edited by Chaser Seraphim

Guest herrdeh

No black screen problem.

But I cannot write/change at the external SD card. And (maybe related to the first) - the phone quickly gets extremely laggy (mails in aqua mail take more than one minute to open)

Guest ondrasouk

I don`t know what is changed in cyanogenmod 13, but only on this rom works microSD cards 32GB+ (I tried 64GB and 128GB and works nice) and I`ve new phone HTC One (m7) and compared to this phone is y300 extremely slow, for me is the best option edit build.prop -> persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true to false and switch off animations, phone is now faster(quick settings panel is still buggy)

on my m7 I am using ResurrectionRemixMM and after one week of unsuccesful builds i have finally tried RessurectionRemixMM on Y300, but it is slow and extremely buggy and totaly unusable, but I decided to build something like Mer core for Y300, because the Ubuntu Touch and apparmor(I tune it one month and finally works all things, what works with apparmor disabled) is for me one big headache(two months of testing and unable to run graphic(because every graphical test or program fails to segfault), calls and SMS(has problem on libhybris - segfault), audio to jack(not detect it), vibrations(HAL works, but it`s not hacked) and proximity sensor(camera is not tested, because there are no solutions how to test it without graphic), but works well leds(back and color), ubuntu userspace, light sensor, accelometer, hw keys and backlight of screen, but the main problem is that the ubuntu boot.img can`t fit in the normal boot partition of Y300(10,5MB can`t fit in to 8MB and I risk hard brick of my Y300(if something go wrong my phone is probably good only as wedge in door) and I repartitioned my Y300 and now has 20MB for boot))

Guest sarvz0001
1 hour ago, ondrasouk said:

I don`t know what is changed in cyanogenmod 13, but only on this rom works microSD cards 32GB+ (I tried 64GB and 128GB and works nice) and I`ve new phone HTC One (m7) and compared to this phone is y300 extremely slow, for me is the best option edit build.prop -> persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true to false and switch off animations, phone is now faster(quick settings panel is still buggy)

on my m7 I am using ResurrectionRemixMM and after one week of unsuccesful builds i have finally tried RessurectionRemixMM on Y300, but it is slow and extremely buggy and totaly unusable, but I decided to build something like Mer core for Y300, because the Ubuntu Touch and apparmor(I tune it one month and finally works all things, what works with apparmor disabled) is for me one big headache(two months of testing and unable to run graphic(because every graphical test or program fails to segfault), calls and SMS(has problem on libhybris - segfault), audio to jack(not detect it), vibrations(HAL works, but it`s not hacked) and proximity sensor(camera is not tested, because there are no solutions how to test it without graphic), but works well leds(back and color), ubuntu userspace, light sensor, accelometer, hw keys and backlight of screen, but the main problem is that the ubuntu boot.img can`t fit in the normal boot partition of Y300(10,5MB can`t fit in to 8MB and I risk hard brick of my Y300(if something go wrong my phone is probably good only as wedge in door) and I repartitioned my Y300 and now has 20MB for boot))

when i choose a language on the welcoming page (cm 13) it automatially restart  my phone ...any idea how to fix that 

Edited by sarvz0001

Guest ondrasouk
1 hour ago, sarvz0001 said:

when i choose a language on the welcoming page (cm 13) it automatially restart  my phone ...any idea how to fix that 

What language you use? for me(czech) it`s all OK

Guest sarvz0001
23 hours ago, pesartom said:

2 hours ago, ondrasouk said:

What language you use? for me(czech) it`s all OK

i use to choose english one ..after pressing next it freezes and force restart my device

Guest ondrasouk

what you install(xposed, gapps, mods...?) and what recovery you use(I`m using CWM) and in recovery before instalation is recomended wipe dalvik cache, cache and data.

edit: I have on external sdcard 1GB swap partition and init.d script with swapon

It`s very useful, if you have keyboard error(just flash it before first boot): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oubnxcplssfab7/cm13-fix-keyboard.zip?dl=1

Edited by ondrasouk

Guest Alias
39 minutes ago, ondrasouk said:

what you install(xposed, gapps, mods...?) and what recovery you use(I`m using CWM) and in recovery before instalation is recomended wipe dalvik cache, cache and data.

Pico GApps (6.0), no xposed, the latest TWRP - all works

Guest sarvz0001
3 hours ago, ondrasouk said:

edit: I have on external sdcard 1GB swap partition and init.d script with swapon

It`s very useful, if you have keyboard error(just flash it before first boot): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oubnxcplssfab7/cm13-fix-keyboard.zip?dl=1

i used gapps 6.0 pico,  for recovery i used twrp, i usually wipe  dalvik cache,system,cache,data after installatio

i got no  swap partition,planning to do one

and thnx for paying attention on me and for the upload

Guest ondrasouk
13 hours ago, sarvz0001 said:

i used gapps 6.0 pico,  for recovery i used twrp, i usually wipe  dalvik cache,system,cache,data after installatio

i got no  swap partition,planning to do one

and thnx for paying attention on me and for the upload

I`m using this gapps(it`s smaller than opengapps pico): http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/gapps-gapps-6-0-1-minimal-t3276606

if you want guide how to make swap on sdcard...I will create new topic(but today i have other plans...)

It`s not my upload...

and wipe dalvik cache,system(automatically wiped, when you install system),cache,data before instalation of system zip. If you wipe system partition after instalation it probably not boot... ;)

Guest scdswd

So I applied @Johnmendez patch. After 0,7 day no black screen. Latest ROM  [03/04/2016] updated from previous with wipe all except internal and SD, data restore after install.

I have no gapps.

I am facing unexpected battery drain even during nighttime. It dropped from 60% to 15 % in the morning (8 hours). From battery stats it shows maximum usage of "System CyanogenMod". The "active state" was also present in that time. It looks like there was not "sleep mode" at all. Now I am charging my device and will do further statistics. For now it seems that patch does not allow going system to sleep mode (power saving mode).

@ondrasouk Ale ale, další čech? Zdar.

Guest Alias
2 hours ago, scdswd said:

I am facing unexpected battery drain even during nighttime. It dropped from 60% to 15 % in the morning (8 hours).

Not such a battery drain on my device, but the battery indicator is absolutely crazy. It sometimes drops 10%, then nothing for 10 minutes. And then, at about 25%, I put it off and charged it, and both this and the TWRP-idicator said that I have still 45%. 

Guest Nemesix2
40 minutes ago, Alias said:

Not such a battery drain on my device, but the battery indicator is absolutely crazy. It sometimes drops 10%, then nothing for 10 minutes. And then, at about 25%, I put it off and charged it, and both this and the TWRP-idicator said that I have still 45%. 

Whoa, you don't know about mine... My Daytona has been crazy with battery since I bought it. For example: 100%, after 5 minutes 70%, then it stays there forever, then to like 10%, and it stays there forever until the phone goes 4% and starts going down normally to 0 and the phone dies.

What is strange tho is that TWRP shows the battery level correctly. No sudden drops.

I tried deleting batterystats.bin so many times with no luck.

Edited by Nemesix2

Guest Alias
5 hours ago, Nemesix2 said:

What is strange tho is that TWRP shows the battery level correctly. No sudden drops.

Yes, thats always funny. On my Y300 and my LG Tablet the battery level of TWRP is the best/most realistic. I also own an old Motorola Defy, where TWRP is always about 30% under the real value. I guess you have to be able to develope Roms on your own to understand this.  xD

Guest herrdeh

Found out that on my phone, cm13 is not willing to handle my SDcard. Tried two different ones (Kingston 16GB and SanDisk 8GB), with both it said "corrupted" after formatting. But both of them are working nicely in other phones or the computer.

Back to SlimKat - and amazing, how quickly and responsive that is working after a clean install...