~ GRAB THEM NOW ~ Official UK and Ireland 5.1.1 OTA file downloads

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Guest macbreakweeklyfan
Guest Cryptochrome
2 hours ago, macbreakweeklyfan said:

Is it worth reverting to 5.0.2 and then flashing the UK 5.1.1 if I'm already running the Turkish 5.1.1?

Thanks

Guest Roboffabike
24 minutes ago, Cryptochrome said:

Is it worth reverting to 5.0.2 and then flashing the UK 5.1.1 if I'm already running the Turkish 5.1.1?

Thanks

I am interested in this as well as Turkish 5.1.1 is working without issue here.

Has anyone noticed any differences?

Guest BlueMoonRising
41 minutes ago, Cryptochrome said:

Thanks

Apparently the Dolby Atmos app is missing from (possibly) everything except the Turkish rom. If you need this (and it is VERY good) then I would stick with the Turkish rom. 

You can maybe install it from here http://www.droidviews.com/authentic-dolby-sound-on-any-android-device/, which leads to the XDA site at http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/mod-dolby-atmos-t3109446 although I don't know if it's just a case of installing the zip from the SD card or even if it'll work.

Guest trueno2k

Update crashes on me within recovery mode with the 2 times I tried flashing it!.. Anyone here got the answer to updating this on my SU6 please?.. I think I've got the UK_MR01b firmware as I flashed that on top of full UK03c firmware...

Guest BlueMoonRising
22 minutes ago, trueno2k said:

Update crashes on me within recovery mode with the 2 times I tried flashing it!.. Anyone here got the answer to updating this on my SU6 please?.. I think I've got the UK_MR01b firmware as I flashed that on top of full UK03c firmware...

Go to settings>about phone to check on version.

Shouldn't you rename the .up file to a .zip?   And it goes on the root of your SD card, the phone wont find it anywhere else.

Guest trueno2k

Flashed in stock recovery back to M03c then flashed to UK_MR01d and finally / eventually flashed this, not sure how though!.. Shall be waiting for the reboot to finish and boot in to 5.1.1, hopefully... Fingers crossed!...

Guest trueno2k

YEAH BABY!.. 5.1.1 now working!.. Now, need to factory reset and set my SU6 up properly!..

Much appreciated for the 5.1.1 update upload @macbreakweeklyfan!.. Thanks...

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I think the Dolby app may be part of the full Turkish firmware because the 5.1.1 for Turkey is supplied as a FULL firmware flash file (~1GB+), whereas our Irish & British updates are precisely that; updates. I tried extracting Ds.apk and DsUi.apk and installing them over adb, but to no avail, with errors pertaining to missing libs etc - I am unwilling to spend any more time on this. Strangely enough, in the British 5.0.2 *and* in my British stock 5.0.2 updated to British 5.1.1, there's an apk called "DsNoWidget.apk", and if I go to Settings and type "dolby" in search, look what appears... but shows no settings when I tap it...

Screenshot_2015-12-07-22-28-13.png

Guest Cryptochrome

I want to flash the UK 5.1.1, but I'm already running the Turkish... Do I need to flash the stock UK 5.0.2 ROM first? Or can I flash straight to UK 5.1.1? If I have to flash, should I get the MR01d or MR01b?

One last question: if I flash the UK 5.0.2 do I need to flash the UK 5.1.1 OTA or the UK 5.1.1 ROM?

Guest BlueMoonRising
2 hours ago, Cryptochrome said:

I want to flash the UK 5.1.1, but I'm already running the Turkish... Do I need to flash the stock UK 5.0.2 ROM first? Or can I flash straight to UK 5.1.1? If I have to flash, should I get the MR01d or MR01b?

One last question: if I flash the UK 5.0.2 do I need to flash the UK 5.1.1 OTA or the UK 5.1.1 ROM?

@trueno2k posted how to do it just a few posts up from yours, the OTA and the rom posted above are exactly the same.

Do note that at the moment you've got the Dolby Atmos app with the Turkish rom, you'll lose it entirely if you revert to the UK one. Unless someone can confirm the install method works for Atmos (posted earlier, learn how to search if you want it) I would stick to the Turkish rom. There's no other difference anyway as far as I'm aware.

Guest cashflow67
3 hours ago, Cryptochrome said:

If you are already on Turkish, There is no need to flash UK 5.1.1! You have already latest software. I used Turkish stock 5.1.1 1 week and it is good. There is no problem about Turkish Rom. As BlueMoonRising said, Turkish ROM Dolby App which enchances sound of phone.

Guest trueno2k

@BlueMoonRising Thanks for the mention, 1up for you dude!.. :D

Any ways, I only wanted to have UK 5.1.1 as it seems to have less bloatware which leaves me less to uninstall after a factory restore... Yes, it's a shame that the Dolby app / feature is only speciafically available on the Turkish 5.1.1 ROM but it really doesn't matter to those that rarely use their SU6 for music or video watching through their earbuds which I'm one of!..

Edited by trueno2k

Guest BlueMoonRising
7 hours ago, trueno2k said:

@BlueMoonRising Thanks for the mention, 1up for you dude!.. :D

Any ways, I only wanted to have UK 5.1.1 as it seems to have less bloatware which leaves me less to uninstall after a factory restore... Yes, it's a shame that the Dolby app / feature is only speciafically available on the Turkish 5.1.1 ROM but it really doesn't matter to those that rarely use their SU6 for music or video watching through their earbuds which I'm one of!.. 

You may already know this but for others reading this the Dolby Atmos app actually changes system settings to tweak the sound through the speaker or headphones. This means that it's a system wide change and will affect all audio including phone calls.