Why can change my basebands?

Guest Alsking

Guest Alsking

Hello i want change mi basebands, my phone is the Huawei y300-151 but i want the euro band 900MHz like the Huawei  y300-0100... please help, i'm Venezuelan

Edited by Alsking

Guest naudysp18

hola soy de venezuela y las bandas no las puedes cambiar porq esa son adaptadas a la placa y no se cambian por software o por rom

Edited by naudysp18

• 1 month later...
Guest adeii

I think you need to change/flash /radio or /modem "partition" of your phone. In Europe, we using baseband 2030 (?!).

you need rooted phone and enabled adb debugging and installed Terminal / terminal emulator. unpack baseband image (130MB) to root of your sdcard0 (internal_sd) or sdcard1 (sdcard) and type following:

su <-- goes to root account

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/internal_sd/bb-org.img <-- to backup current baseband partition to *.img file (130MB)

dd if=/internal_sd/baseband.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3   <-- to rewrite the same /radio partition with image i'm using with baseband 2030 from Y300-0100.

i've compressed 130mb file to 7mb 7zip archive and put in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gea5u34ojlpc667/baseband.7z?dl=1

Guest adeii

Well, yes, i've backuped /radio image before testing FireFox OS, and after returning to SlimKat, restore this image and my Y300 works OK on 2030 baseband.

I dont think it will hardbrick phone, only have problem with RIL (no simcard, can not call/recieve calls, no sms, no mobile data...).

I dont think any backup software backups /radio partition, maybe I'm wrong, but this is safe.

• 2 months later...
Guest Garlast
On 10/6/2016 at 3:41 PM, Alsking said:

Hello i want change mi basebands, my phone is the Huawei y300-151 but i want the euro band 900MHz like the Huawei  y300-0100... please help, i'm Venezuelan

Tengo el mismo problema, compré una sim movistar y no me levanta 3g es horrible, imagino que sólo se da con digitel, quiero tener 3g pero con movistar porque el edge es malísimo, te gustaría hacer un cambio?

Edited by Garlast

Guest Garlast
On 19/7/2016 at 5:03 PM, adeii said:

I think you need to change/flash /radio or /modem "partition" of your phone. In Europe, we using baseband 2030 (?!).

you need rooted phone and enabled adb debugging and installed Terminal / terminal emulator. unpack baseband image (130MB) to root of your sdcard0 (internal_sd) or sdcard1 (sdcard) and type following:

su <-- goes to root account

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/internal_sd/bb-org.img <-- to backup current baseband partition to *.img file (130MB)

dd if=/internal_sd/baseband.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3   <-- to rewrite the same /radio partition with image i'm using with baseband 2030 from Y300-0100.

i've compressed 130mb file to 7mb 7zip archive and put in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gea5u34ojlpc667/baseband.7z?dl=1

I have a huawei y300-0100 with a sim that runs 3g only in 1900MHZ but the phone only accepts  900/2100MHz  , if I make that process, will it run 3g then? I'm also venezuelan. Well, I think in case is the complete oposite, so I need another baseband.7z can you help me with that?

Edited by Garlast

On nedelja, 16. oktobar 2016. at 0:43 AM, Garlast said:

I have a huawei y300-0100 with a sim that runs 3g only in 1900MHZ but the phone only accepts  900/2100MHz  , if I make that process, will it run 3g then? I'm also venezuelan. Well, I think in case is the complete oposite, so I need another baseband.7z can you help me with that?

read parameter gsm.version.baseband=XXXX from /system/build.prop. Is it 2030 or something else?