[PORT][ROM][15.7.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
On 12/1/2016 at 9:43 PM, PalmTrees said:

I experience the same with the battery drain. However, one way of extending the batterylife is to turn off WiFi when the tablet isn't used and of course Bluetooth (can't remember if it's turned on by default in Remix OS). Another thing worth trying is downloading 360 Security (or whatever cleaning/security tool of your choice) and clean memory. Alternatively, there's a memory clean up tool in Remix OS down in the toolbar. 

Glad the .apk workaround worked for you - seems like a universal solution to the problem :)  

Using any type of task killer will actually have negative impact on battery life. It's always best to keep frequently used apps in memory. Constantly reloading apps to RAM uses power and increases CPU cycles. Android is more than capable of handling memory management by itself. 

3 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

Update: Standby is really working wonders for me. Fully charged yesterday, used it for 20-30 minutes, standby, and now just woke the device, still at 78% battery. Thanks a lot, tomshreds. 

I'll post this on techtablets.  Can you post this on Techtablets forum? I can't seem to login :(

Selecting standby from power menu does exactly the same thing as pressing the power button. It's there on Remix OS for devices that don't have physical power button (TV boxes, etc).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees

Are you sure about the standby vs powering off using the power button? Because usually the battery is drained just powering off using the power button. 

Logically it makes sense, but in reality there is a difference. Weird. 

Guest KonstaT
26 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Are you sure about the standby vs powering off using the power button? Because usually the battery is drained just powering off using the power button. 

Logically it makes sense, but in reality there is a difference. Weird. 

Yes, it's the same thing as putting your device to sleep with power key. Powering off is a completely different thing...

Guest PalmTrees
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Yes, it's the same thing as putting your device to sleep with power key. Powering off is a completely different thing...

My bad. I meant powering down of course. 

Guest tomshreds

If this bug it's really cross platform than is there another tablet model not suffering from it that supports remix os? I love my cube iwork8 air but this deep sleep bug is annoying a whole lot. What about chuwi/hi10 etc?

On 12/2/2016 at 1:27 PM, PalmTrees said:

Update: Standby is really working wonders for me. Fully charged yesterday, used it for 20-30 minutes, standby, and now just woke the device, still at 78% battery. Thanks a lot, tomshreds. 

I'll post this on techtablets.  Can you post this on Techtablets forum? I can't seem to login :(

I'm reporting that this doesn't fix anything I'm still having the same bug...

I thought it worked but the past days have proven the opposite.

Any known work around? Thanks

Edited by tomshreds

Guest PalmTrees
1 hour ago, tomshreds said:

If this bug it's really cross platform than is there another tablet model not suffering from it that supports remix os? I love my cube iwork8 air but this deep sleep bug is annoying a whole lot. What about chuwi/hi10 etc?

I'm reporting that this doesn't fix anything I'm still having the same bug...

I thought it worked but the past days have proven the opposite.

Any known work around? Thanks

Just ordered the Chuwi Vi10 Plus. It supports Remix OS and with Konsta's fixes and/or CM 12.1 and most likely 13.1 it should be a great investment. 

Techtablets gave it a good score as well and the review shows no real flaws (except for those that are now fixed). 

Guest tomshreds
15 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Just ordered the Chuwi Vi10 Plus. It supports Remix OS and with Konsta's fixes and/or CM 12.1 and most likely 13.1 it should be a great investment. 

Techtablets gave it a good score as well and the review shows no real flaws (except for those that are now fixed). 

I also read on tech tablets that they published an updated rom with a sleep of death fix. I'll try to dig the page out. 

Damn I purchased a teclast, then decided I wanted a Cube and now I'm starting to watch Chuwi... wtf at the cost of all of them I'm starting to think a freaking galaxy tab would be better worth it. Jokes aside, let me know how it goes!

I love the 8" form factor but I also love the 10's keyboards etc. What a world of possibilities hehe I wish it could just work on my Cube but I'd admit my iWork8 Air is a bit flaky. SD port is misaligned, screen is kind of off a little and touch screen on the sides isn't really working 100%. Otherwise damn it's a beast and the screen looks marvellous!

Guest PalmTrees
21 minutes ago, tomshreds said:

I also read on tech tablets that they published an updated rom with a sleep of death fix. I'll try to dig the page out. 

Damn I purchased a teclast, then decided I wanted a Cube and now I'm starting to watch Chuwi... wtf at the cost of all of them I'm starting to think a freaking galaxy tab would be better worth it. Jokes aside, let me know how it goes!

I love the 8" form factor but I also love the 10's keyboards etc. What a world of possibilities hehe I wish it could just work on my Cube but I'd admit my iWork8 Air is a bit flaky. SD port is misaligned, screen is kind of off a little and touch screen on the sides isn't really working 100%. Otherwise damn it's a beast and the screen looks marvellous!

No idea whether they did, all I know is KonstaT has blessed all the Chuwi owners with fixes to the deep sleep and keyboard wake issue. And Jide (creator of Remix OS) released the linux kernel for the Vi10 Plus. 

If you're looking for an 8", why not purchase the Mi Pad 2? I did a quick search and you can flash Remix OS on it as well (http://en.miui.com/thread-322623-1-1.html) - not sure if there are any issues though. The cheapest place to get it is on Geekbuying. 

Buying a Galaxy Tab when you have the option of getting a Mi Pad 2 or even the Chuwi Vi10 Plus cheaper is - in my personal opinion - a bad decision. 

Edited by PalmTrees

Guest tomshreds
4 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

No idea whether they did, all I know is KonstaT has blessed all the Chuwi owners with fixes to the deep sleep and keyboard wake issue. And Jide (creator of Remix OS) released the linux kernel for the Vi10 Plus. 

If you're looking for an 8", why not purchase the Mi Pad 2? I did a quick search and you can flash Remix OS on it as well (http://en.miui.com/thread-322623-1-1.html) - not sure if there are any issues though. The cheapest place to get it is on Geekbuying. 

Buying a Galaxy Tab when you have the option of getting a Mi Pad 2 or even the Chuwi Vi10 Plus cheaper is - in my personal opinion - a bad decision. 

Oh damn that Mi Pad 2 looks stunning! I wasn't aware of that one existing. I'm usually running on OSX/iOS so it's been a while I've been shopping Android tablets hehe thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to work around my issues with the iWork8 but I might give one of those a go in the future! :D 

Guest PalmTrees
9 hours ago, tomshreds said:

Oh damn that Mi Pad 2 looks stunning! I wasn't aware of that one existing. I'm usually running on OSX/iOS so it's been a while I've been shopping Android tablets hehe thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to work around my issues with the iWork8 but I might give one of those a go in the future! :D 

Mi Pad 2 is essentially the Android "iPad". 

A great source for getting an overview of smartphones and tablets is kimovil.com. You can even compare devices. Beware that the AnTuTu tablet scores may be a bit off, check YouTube for more realistic benchmark scores/always do a bit of extra research on your own :)

Guest PalmTrees

@KonstaT Would applying one of the battery mods from xda be applicable on Remix OS? If it doesn't crash or brick the tablet, it would be interesting to try some of them and see if we can extend the battery life. 

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaT Would applying one of the battery mods from xda be applicable on Remix OS? If it doesn't crash or brick the tablet, it would be interesting to try some of them and see if we can extend the battery life. 

I don't know what battery mods you're talking about. There's so much placebos and bullshit floating around in that place.

But no, there's no 'flash this and it'll double your battery life' mods.

Guest PalmTrees
55 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

I don't know what battery mods you're talking about. There's so much placebos and bullshit floating around in that place.

But no, there's no 'flash this and it'll double your battery life' mods.

Didn't expect to double the battery life and tbh I was a bit skeptical about these mods - if they worked wonders, they would be insanely popular. 

What are your views on the sound mods? I know some of them is a bunch of garbage ported over from different devices, whilst a found one which claims to be true and not just a mix-match of different devices. 

Guest KonstaT
26 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Didn't expect to double the battery life and tbh I was a bit skeptical about these mods - if they worked wonders, they would be insanely popular. 

What are your views on the sound mods? I know some of them is a bunch of garbage ported over from different devices, whilst a found one which claims to be true and not just a mix-match of different devices. 

CyanogenMod comes with included AudioFX app. You can try how much that improves sound quality in your opinion. It's just basic equalizer and effects but so is every other 'audio mod'.

I haven't tried ViPER4Android so no opinion on that and I don't even know if it works on these devices. Dolby needs kernel level driver support (and audio HAL) at least on Qualcomm devices so I'd say none of those are working properly when ported to other devices. But still, if device has crappy speaker(s) and headphone jack, there's very little any software can do to improve the situation.