[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest marinero

instal is blocked after 1 minute ; i try to reinstal android, but flash tool does'nt recognize the tab ; i' gonna try to instal your CM13 with twrp...............

Guest PalmTrees
9 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Everything is always on "sale" on GearBest. ;) Probably not the best bargain right now (IIRC mine was $129 with keyboard dock included). In retrospect I'd probably gone with Hi10 Pro/Hibook Pro because of the better keyboard. It's not like I've ever really used it or will use it but at least it would be prettier to look at and carry around. :P Don't buy the pen on any of these devices, it's useless.

I'm now very pleased with my Vi10 Plus with the 'freezing issue' fixed. Always liked the design, hardware, and build quality but that 'freezing issue' was a disaster! It's one of the very few Chinese tablets with decent CM12.1 build. It's the only one that's going to get somewhat decent CM13 build (kernel source). It's the only Chinese tablet with kernel source available. It's actually the only device I could recommend if your into that kind of thing.

Thanks for the reply. Can't think of many situations where a stylus pen would be handy, so I'll skip that. Not sure about the keyboard neither, would I be able to set up æ, ø and å buttons on it? Ha, yeah, you're right about everything always being on sale or "Only (quantity) left". Trust me, I know all the marketing tricks. Techtablets gave it a solid review and with your awesome work, I really want to get one. Seems like a proper updagrade from the iWork Air :D I'll for sure make a donation if I purchase the Vi10 Plus. Good work should be rewarded. 

Guest tipo0011

Does the CM Rom support the App2sd feature on exfat microsd? And the multiuser? And ntfs usb?

I want to try this CM but I need HDMI. So, while I'm waiting that the audio through HDMI is being fixed, how can I add the exfat and ntfs support to my Stock Rom?

Thanks a lot!

Guest KonstaT
31 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Thanks for the reply. Can't think of many situations where a stylus pen would be handy, so I'll skip that. Not sure about the keyboard neither, would I be able to set up æ, ø and å buttons on it? Ha, yeah, you're right about everything always being on sale or "Only (quantity) left". Trust me, I know all the marketing tricks. Techtablets gave it a solid review and with your awesome work, I really want to get one. Seems like a proper updagrade from the iWork Air :D I'll for sure make a donation if I purchase the Vi10 Plus. Good work should be rewarded. 

There's stickers you can buy from eBay, etc and put over some of the keys you need to change. Keyboard layout itself can be changed from Android settings to any region. No scandic keys for me either but US layout works for me the little I use the keyboard.

26 minutes ago, tipo0011 said:

Does the CM Rom support the App2sd feature on exfat microsd? And the multiuser? And ntfs usb?

I want to try this CM but I need HDMI. So, while I'm waiting that the audio through HDMI is being fixed, how can I add the exfat and ntfs support to my Stock Rom?

Thanks a lot!

No app2sd (that's so 2011 ;)). You can move apps to external sdcard the usual way from settings, though. Multiuser supported up to four users. exFAT and ntfs should both work with fuse wrap.

There's an universal zip for exFAT support somewhere in XDA. Doesn't belong to this topic.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest FatFreddyDK
8 hours ago, UEGHIO said:

Hi konstat thank you very much for your hard work. I was trying to install  your cm build following instructions wrote here but the link   https://www.dropbox.com/s/unse6nfy3q39sdz/Vi10 Plus Remix OS -singleboot.rar?dl=0  says "This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!" . can you address me to another tutorial to install cm12.1 ? i have chuwi vi10plus remixos and it suffers of frequent freezes when SD card is inserted. Thank you in advance. Marco

Link for Vi10plus Remix rom if you still need it

Guest fimerlin

Hi Konsta. I have problems with the rotation in Chuwi H12. In other forum a person say thay you have a patch to solve this problem. Can you put the link? Many thanks.

Guest KonstaT
20 minutes ago, fimerlin said:

Hi Konsta. I have problems with the rotation in Chuwi H12. In other forum a person say thay you have a patch to solve this problem. Can you put the link? Many thanks.

FAQ, third post of this thread or post in previous page for today's build.

19 hours ago, KonstaT said:

There's installation instructions in third post of this thread. There's TWRP installation instructions in the TWRP thread. Those are the only guides you need to follow. First you unlock bootloader and install custom recovery (TWRP). You flash custom ROMs (such as CyanogenMod) using custom recovery. That's no different to any other Android device out there.

Tank you for your explanations, tomorrow i Will try to install it. What are in your opinion the advantages using CM instead of remixos? Did you experience improved performance? Is CM a good choice for keyboard and mouse netbook-like use? Thank you again for your answers. Good night

@FatFreddyDK Thank you too appreciate it.

Edited by UEGHIO

Guest tipo0011

In the description you suggest to install the x86 google apps. So, is this CM an x86 version (32bit) and only has 3GB of RAM even if my tablet supports up to 4GB of RAM?

Thanks again for your work!

Guest PalmTrees

@KonstaT did you ever perform the "How to Improve Atom Performance. Windows Tweaks & RAM Settings (2016)" by Techtablets on any of your devices?

Edited by PalmTrees

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, UEGHIO said:

Tank you for your explanations, tomorrow i Will try to install it. What are in your opinion the advantages using CM instead of remixos? Did you experience improved performance? Is CM a good choice for keyboard and mouse netbook-like use? Thank you again for your answers. Good night

@FatFreddyDK Thank you too appreciate it.

Main advantage of CyanogenMod for me is that it's open source. It has vanilla Android look and feel which is a plus for devices with stock UI skins (TouchWiz, EMUI, etc). It's highly customizable and it supports themes. It's not optimized for desktop use and some might say not even tablet use.

8 hours ago, tipo0011 said:

In the description you suggest to install the x86 google apps. So, is this CM an x86 version (32bit) and only has 3GB of RAM even if my tablet supports up to 4GB of RAM?

Thanks again for your work!

32-bit systems can have max 4gb of RAM. Where did you come up with 3gb?

Linux kernel is 64-bit but Android userspace is 32-bit so you're still running 64-bit OS where it matters. Stock firmware is set up the same way.

7 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaT did you ever perform the "How to Improve Atom Performance. Windows Tweaks & RAM Settings (2016)" by Techtablets on any of your devices?

No. Linux user here, I don't voluntarily use Windows on any device. Haven't messed with with BIOS settings either.

Edited by KonstaT

Thank you konstat. I've been a cm user since version 6.0 on my htc Legend and i appreciated your cm nightly builds for my zte san Francisco that unfortunately died 3 years ago. So i'm very Happy to see you are still developing on a device like chuwi vi10plus we both own. Waiting for the time to test it 

Edited by UEGHIO

On 29.11.2016 at 8:27 PM, KonstaT said:

Have you tried with external sdcard?

With external card everything is ok. But can I solve the problem with internal storage only?

And I don't see option to choose "Default install location". I'm blind or it was removed?

P.S. New build is great!

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, starix said:

With external card everything is ok. But can I solve the problem with internal storage only?

And I don't see option to choose "Default install location". I'm blind or it was removed?

P.S. New build is great!

That option was removed from CM because it was broken anyway. I'm not sure if it's even stock Android feature to begin with.

You can do exactly the same thing on command line (adb shell/Terminal Emulator) but IIRC that doesn't work either.

pm get-install-location
pm set-install-location 2

Setting install location 0=auto, 1=internal, 2=external.

You can install the app with sdcard inserted, move app to internal storage from Settings->Apps->appname, and remove sdcard after that.

Edited by KonstaT

On 12/4/2016 at 10:30 AM, KonstaT said:

No, that won't work. It has completely different hardware. Someone tried this build on Hibook and practically nothing worked.

I've been planning to make TWRP flashable Remix OS ROM with similar compatibility patches for different devices like here.

It would be awesome if you could make a TWRP flashable Stock Android ROM too for those people that prefer android but need fully working HDMI.

25 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You can install the app with sdcard inserted, move app to internal storage from Settings->Apps->appname, and remove sdcard after that.

I did it the same way. Thank you.

Guest PalmTrees
1 hour ago, rob4x4 said:

It would be awesome if you could make a TWRP flashable Stock Android ROM too for those people that prefer android but need fully working HDMI.

Perhaps a small donation would be in order if KonstaT chooses to do so. 

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, rob4x4 said:

You can just use fastboot to flash system and boot images from stock firmware files. Doesn't get much easier than that. There's no need to use Intel Platform Flash Tool unless you want to change partition layout as well.

Reason I was planning to do Remix OS is to support devices that wouldn't otherwise have it. Actually the flashable ROM is already finished but I haven't looked into making compatibility patches yet. I'll probably need people to test them first anyway.

36 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You can just use fastboot to flash system and boot images from stock firmware files. Doesn't get much easier than that. There's no need to use Intel Platform Flash Tool unless you want to change partition layout as well.

Reason I was planning to do Remix OS is to support devices that wouldn't otherwise have it. Actually the flashable ROM is already finished but I haven't looked into making compatibility patches yet. I'll probably need people to test them first anyway.

So once I've got TWRP installed and working via Remix OS (I'm having issues installing via Stock Android) then I can just go back into the bootloader and "fastboot flash system system.img" from the stock android folder? Do I also need to "fastboot flash boot boot.img" from the same folder? If so does it matter which I do first?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, rob4x4 said:

So once I've got TWRP installed and working via Remix OS (I'm having issues installing via Stock Android) then I can just go back into the bootloader and "fastboot flash system system.img" from the stock android folder? Do I also need to "fastboot flash boot boot.img" from the same folder? If so does it matter which I do first?

Yes, both. Doesn't matter what order. Do factory reset in recovery right before booting to bootloader if you're switching between ROMs. Or you can also erase userdata with fastboot but it will format the whole data partition and you'll also lose everything you have on your internal sdcard (/data/media).

Edited by KonstaT

25 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Yes, both. Doesn't matter what order. Do factory reset in recovery right before booting to bootloader if you're switching between ROMs. Or you can also erase userdata with fastboot but it will format the whole data partition and you'll also lose everything you have on your internal sdcard (/data/media).

Excellent. Got there in the end. Stock Android with freeze fix and working TWRP.

Wish I knew why I couldn't get TWRP to install on stock android the normal way?

Thanks for your help and donation sent.

On 04.12.2016 at 10:08 AM, KonstaT said:

I understand you, I just do not understand how to do it LogCat game, tell me how. And I have you to nothing oblige, I'm just asking for your help. Thank you