[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest Migual12

Thanks @KonstaT for the work on this rom. Hope my small donation helps to further on support Hi 12. 

Some experience with CM12.1 with Chuwi Hi12: Up to now everything works quite well even the native Keyboard and the Stylus H1. In case I discover some issues I will report. One issue only was that I tried two different boot animations which did not work. Maby thats related to the dual boot configuration but that is just cosmetics and not necessary.

A serious issue is that Micro SD does not properly work and often looses connection, this happens with Stock, CM12.1 or Win10, but that is not CM related. I hope that Chuwi will solve that issue as it is practically impossible to move apps to SD on the Hi12.

What I liked during flashing was that flashing TWRP did not delete data. Therefore it was possible to do a nandroid backup of the stock rom with all apps before flashing CM. 

Guest fimerlin

Hi Konsta, awesome and magnific work for Chuwi H12.

-Few weeks ago I read that you have a solution to the windows button on Chuwi H12. Not work with this room. Where is the fix o the post solution? Thanks

-This room works fine. Do you recommend install your room based on Android 6.0? Are there more different? Thanks.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, fimerlin said:

Hi Konsta, awesome and magnific work for Chuwi H12.

-Few weeks ago I read that you have a solution to the windows button on Chuwi H12. Not work with this room. Where is the fix o the post solution? Thanks

-This room works fine. Do you recommend install your room based on Android 6.0? Are there more different? Thanks.

Add this file (/system/usr/keylayout/goodix-ts.kl), set permissions (644), and reboot.
https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_device_intel_chuwi_vi10plus/commit/d6bba7a2cffbb02708e354da35df9ae47c0d47d0

I'm no longer supporting Hi12 with CM13. Device doesn't enter deep sleep mode with prebuilt Lollipop kernel. There's no kernel source code available for Hi12.

Guest Papakruk

Hi. Thank you for your hard work. I have problem. I have changed stock theme to another from google play. After restart tablet it stuck at cm logo. I had to instal rom again. Is it themes work corectly in this rom?

Guest Migual12

I have the Hi 12, Tried to installiert some bootlogos but they simply didn't work. No problems with sticking CM boot. I do not care about it as it is an excellent CM build thanks to KonstaT.

Guest rodrimx4

I followed all the instructions of the third thread, all perfect the first time. But if I turn off the tablet the next boot or the third gets stuck in the cyanogen logo and I have to do it all again. Is there any solution?

thanks of advance

Rod

Edited by rodrimx4

Guest KonstaT
On 12/31/2016 at 7:20 PM, Papakruk said:

Hi. Thank you for your hard work. I have problem. I have changed stock theme to another from google play. After restart tablet it stuck at cm logo. I had to instal rom again. Is it themes work corectly in this rom?

People have reported issues with themes that replace system fonts. You might want to untick fonts option when enabling themes.

1 hour ago, rodrimx4 said:

I followed all the instructions of the third thread, all perfect the first time. But if I turn off the tablet the next boot or the third gets stuck in the cyanogen logo and I have to do it all again. Is there any solution?

thanks of advance

Rod

Logcat would tell exactly why...

Shouldn't too difficult to trace your steps what you've done before that reboot that causes that. If you read couple of previous posts, themes is the likely suspect.

Hi all.  Happy 2017.

@KonstaT:  great, great job.

A mini review of this rom from my side (hopefully can help the development).

Pros:

- quality of touch responsitivity much better than original remix os

- general performances improvement

- battery life improvement (dunno yet if the function "battery saving" under battery menu is helping or not)

Cons:

- theme change cause bootloop at reboot with need of reinstalling the rom

- swipe from top edge to reveal notification bar hardly work

Questions:  any chance to improve even further battery life and touch responsitivity?

Thanks.  Bye

Edited by ewham

Guest Chuwi Hi12

Some advantages of this ROM over the Remix one:

Better Play store compatibility, can install apps like Google Inbox and Facebook Messenger. 

Device identified correctly on play store as Chuwi Hi12 not just ASOP on Android. 

Can use third party home screen such as Nova. 

Built in Root manager so can turn on / off as required. 

Can enable advanced power menu options such as reboot to recovery. 

Enjoying the ROM, it's working great, thanks again. 

Guest rodrimx4

There is indeed a problem with the issues. I have downloaded Melior NUI activating only the status bar, notifications navigation and style and also download the pixel icon pack and no longer gives me any problem. The problem is with the fonts and the boot animations. Dont change it and it will work correctly. thanks for the posts. Thanks to them I was able to find out the problem.

1483364479798-1873828555.jpg

1483364496499-741742993.jpg

Guest KonstaT
20 hours ago, Migual12 said:

I have flashed 12.1-20161204 on my Hi12. Would I receive an update information in CM if a new release would be available as it is an unofficial release? Thanks, @KonstaT

No OTA updates for these builds.

There's max one CM12.1 build that I might release or it's also very possible that this will remain the last one. cm-12.1 branch has been practically dead for a long time now (nothing but security patches and translations have been merged lately). Now that whole CM project is buried, even Lineage OS is not maintaining cm-12.1 branch anymore. There's only what device specific issues/improvements I could fix/bring - and there's not too many of those.

Guest Migual12
47 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

No OTA updates for these builds.

There's max one CM12.1 build that I might release or it's also very possible that this will remain the last one. cm-12.1 branch has been practically dead for a long time now (nothing but security patches and translations have been merged lately). Now that whole CM project is buried, even Lineage OS is not maintaining cm-12.1 branch anymore. There's only what device specific issues/improvements I could fix/bring - and there's not too many of those.

Thank you for this info and all your efforts. If I understood right, my summary about Hi12 and most other Chuwi tablets is that we have to hope that Chuwi is willing and able to disclose the Kernel source code of the tablet(s). With this basis there would be a chance that Android 6 or 7 versions would be published for Chuwi tablets via the Lineage community. For the moment I am fully satisfied with your CM12.1  build but it is good to have some dreams for the future...

I do belive this cm12 is something much more than what a Chuwi owner could have expected.

Again, great job KonstaT!

Just to repost the question: do you think it is possible to improve battery life even further?

My Samsung n8000 lasts much longer with its 7000mAh p.u.

The fact is that the screen is draining a lot in this vi10 plus ...

I do belive this cm12 is something much more than what a Chuwi owner could have expected.

Just to repost the question: do you think it is possible to improve battery life even further?

Guest Chuwi Hi12
39 minutes ago, ewham said:

Screen consumption is really independent of ROM, all you can do is reduce brightness to minimum. 

Guest KonstaT
On 1/2/2017 at 9:37 PM, ewham said:

On 1/2/2017 at 10:06 PM, Chuwi Hi12 said:

Screen consumption is really independent of ROM, all you can do is reduce brightness to minimum. 

Intel mobile chipsets aren't exactly famous for their power efficiency (and Intel modems are even worse). :P

I previously had a 10" tablet with Qualcomm chipset and similar battery capacity. It could idle for about a month with light use (~2h screen on time). With similar use I have to charge this device every few of days. Battery on my iWork8 Ultimate (Intel Cherry Trail) was so bad (~24h regardless of use) I wasn't even sure if the device was faulty or what.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Chuwi Hi12

@Beers did you wipe system and data partitions before install CM?

Probably it would be better to flash TWRP recovery image to your device than use ADB with TWRP.

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, Beers said:

Hia all!
ADB with twrp I wore! 12 installed on the CM-1, 13.0 at 7 error code does not boot! 
(incompatible data) Remix Installation starts but does not run along. 
I look forward to your ideas! Than forward to your ideas! 
Thanks

https://goo.gl/photos/GEgaHxe93isVT5BDA

Follow installation instructions in the third post of each thread.

Guest TeutonJon78

I just wanted to double check -- we use the x86 gapps, not the x86_64 versions? Or can we use either one?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked at the build.prop files to see what ABIs are included -- only 32-bit, same as for the stock build (which makes sense, since it has to share a kernel).

Which is an odd choice from Chuwi for a 64-bit tablet, but oh well.

Edited by TeutonJon78

Guest Chuwi Hi12
58 minutes ago, TeutonJon78 said:

I just wanted to double check -- we use the x86 gapps, not the x86_64 versions? Or can we use either one?

I used x86 because that was linked to in instructions but would also like to know if the x86_64 would have worked.