[ROM][TESTING][6.0.1] Infinitive OS 2.0 for Huawei Ascend Y300 / G510

Guest adeii

!WARNING! - this is testing, alpha stage. Very lite, few features, GApps-less but smooth ROM.

Infinitive-OS is based on AOSP and SlimROM dedicated to providing users with a ROM thats stable and loaded with VERY BASIC features.

000125j0fhniufsakzpp90.jpg

Features:

RRO Layers (not tested)
 Custimizable QS Tiles
 SlimRecents
 SlimPie
 Screenrecorder settings
 Custom Hardware Buttons Options
 Navigation Buttons Options
 Custom Recents Panel Options
 SuperSU

FDroid

NewPipe

Open Camera

Lucky Patcher 6.3.5
 Xposed Installer 3.0 alpha 4

Instructions:

-Read Everything Carefully
 -Download ROM and GApps (OpenGApps - awfully laggs, SlimGApps - not tested, or even microG Framework - Google Play works, others may work with Xposed, FakeGApps, etc.).
 -Boot Into Recovery
 -Perform a Data Wipe / factory default (wipe just /data, /cache, dalvik-cache and /system)
 -Flash ROM and additional ZIPs.
 -Have Fun!!!

000112s3eev9l6lev9ope9.png.thumb.jpg

Download folder: https://mega.nz/#F!05wTAZaI!cBezSGHXTvmaevMNOm7kZw ROM Y300 [248MB], microG [25MB], ROM+mG G510 [300MB], xposed, gapps, etc.

TK GApps  http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347

Thanks and credits:

SlimROMS
 AOSP
 CyanogenMOD

chil360,  for complete Y300 kernel and device tree

Source:  https://github.com/adeii/InfinitiveOS_manifest (patches are not released yet)

Contributors
Adeii
ROM OS Version: 6,0.1 Marchmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-10
Last Updated 2016-06-24

Edited by adeii

WiFi, mobile data, calls, bluetooth, camera (5MPix) - works! GPS - should works. RRO Layers / Layer Manager / substratum theme engine - should works, not tested yet.

Video hardware codecs - not work, use 3rd party player. microG framework - may replace official GApps for some apps. Switching internal/external SD card - do not works yet!

Screenshot_20161111_100633.png Screenshot_20161111_095919.png Screenshot_20161111_095710.png  Screenshot_20161111_095845.png

Edited by adeii

Guest Garlast

-At first I had a problem with the adaptative brightness, I turned it off but it didn't work; I rebooted and now it's fixed... 

-I absolutely love it because apparently there's no video playback decoding issues...I recorded several videos with opencamera and the stockcamera and the play correctly, that hadn't happened before when people said there were hardware decoding issues but whatever, but it's only because of the gallery app, mayve in other apps the videos won't work properly?

-I'm still testing the rom because I want to use it daily, but I need to test the performance with more apps installed (social apps mostly) and more importantly, the battery life---

-I'll post any bug or whatever pops out.

-Thanks, 

Edited by Garlast

On subota, 12. novembar 2016. at 11:46 PM, Garlast said:

-At first I had a problem with the adaptative brightness, I turned it off but it didn't work; I rebooted and now it's fixed...

-I absolutely love it because apparently there's no video playback decoding issues...I recorded several videos with opencamera and the stockcamera and the play correctly, that hadn't happened before when people said there were hardware decoding issues but whatever, but it's only because of the gallery app, mayve in other apps the videos won't work properly?

-I'm still testing the rom because I want to use it daily, but I need to test the performance with more apps installed (social apps mostly) and more importantly, the battery life---

-I'll post any bug or whatever pops out.

-Thanks,

Thank you for testing. ROM sourcecode is older, last update was in june 2016.

knoelli solved problem with camera stuff in his Resurrection Remix 5.7.x for Y300/G300/G510 by turning off CMA in kernel config and it was fine and neat solution, as here.

but google apps remain main problem, especially apps that need original google play services. microG + FakeGApps + http://repo.xposed.info/module/xeed.xposed.dngmod will not work for many apps... so we need alternative app or old version of app that may work.

exp. Hangouts v.14.x will not connect on server, but old v.2.1 from 2014. still works on microG but force you to update.

UPDATE: Hangouts 10.x works fine on microG. Allo also works.

Edited by adeii

Guest pesartom

just a question, is there a way to change the kernel value? (i mean professional changing, i want to overclock my cpu and gpu, but with apps i cant go more than 1046/320 mhz freq)

On nedelja, 13. novembar 2016. at 5:41 PM, pesartom said:

just a question, is there a way to change the kernel value? (i mean professional changing, i want to overclock my cpu and gpu, but with apps i cant go more than 1046/320 mhz freq)

not for Y300 (original max.freq is 1008MHz, chil360 overclocked is 1046MHz, no more), for G510 is should be possible to about 1,2GHz... G510 version will be upload for day-two.

NEW build is uploaded!!! For G510, but also is good Y300

flash  I...OS...2.0...u8591......zip

if you need GApps: flash, go to Xposed Installer, see 3 modules, no framework,ok.... recovery, flash sdk23...zip,

if you need Allo/Hangouts/YouTube flash  io2...AlloHoYt.zip

go to Xposed, enable all modules,

reboot, go to microG settings, enable as much as you can... that's it.

p.s. in GAppZ subfolder, you got some google apps, for reinstalling, if some dont work (like Hangouts/talk, Allo/fireball)...but in the end - they works + you got some untested Hangouts module for Xposed...

more info later....

23 hours ago, bakemarc said:

When i reboot my phone it stuck in android is starting

it is because you flash ROM and opengapps, but ROM already got google play and g.p.services alternatives from microG packages and can not optimize (deox) conflicted files.

• 1 year later...

Update for Infinitive OS 1.3.1 / 2.0, Dirty Unicorns 10.6, AICP 11:  services.jar is patched, so (finally) use microG instead of openGAPPs.

spoofed-<rom_name>-u8833.zip is flashable patched one.

services-<rom_name>-u8833.zip is original one, if you got bootloop or unstable rom.

note: forget u8833 sufix, can be used for u8825 and u8951 also. There no new fixes for other bugs in any mentioned rom.

Edited by adeii