Jump to content

[HOWTO] Fix 'freezing issue' & 'keyboard dock wake issue' for Chuwi Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus


Guest KonstaT

Recommended Posts

Guest KonstaT

Here's how to fix 'freezing issue' & 'keyboard dock wake issue' plaguing Chuwi Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus. This patch will:

  • install source built kernel with updated mmc drivers to fix 'freezing issue'
  • add configs for external keyboard docks to fix 'keyboard dock wake issue'
  • disable dm-verity (because it's needed to modify /system partition)

Prerequisites:
You need to have the latest stock firmware and TWRP recovery installed. See 'Settings -> About Tablet' on your device and choose the file that matches your stock firmware version. Do not install these files on mismatching firmware versions!

How to install:
1. Download zip below matching your stock firmware and copy it to your device's sdcard.
2. Boot to TWRP recovery.
3. Install zip in TWRP.

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

vi10plus-fix-freeze-kbwake-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-fix-freeze-kbwake
md5:968beb706a3bad6d53bcf12219b792be

vi10plus-fix-freeze-kbwake-Android-20160803.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-fix-freeze-kbwake
md5:d7243d2ccd6081896bf7032e840940b1

 

Here's how to fix 'keyboard dock wake issue' on Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook & Hibook Pro devices that don't need fix for 'freezing issue'. This patch will:

  • add configs for external keyboard docks to fix 'keyboard dock wake issue'

How to install:
1. Disable dm-verity.
2. Download zip below and copy it to your device's sdcard.
3. Boot to TWRP recovery.
4. Install zip in TWRP.

vi10plus-fix-kbwake.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-fix-freeze-kbwake
md5:b298502a706299087fcdec74de0efc7b

 

Here's how to add Widevide support on Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12 to fix playback of DRM protected content with various media streaming apps. This patch will:

  • add Widewine blobs from Cube iWork8 Ultimate

How to install:
1. Disable dm-verity.
2. Download zip below and copy it to your device's sdcard.
3. Boot to TWRP recovery.
4. Install zip in TWRP.

vi10plus-widevine.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-fix-freeze-kbwake
md5:09892471a4b74585937da8f53a43dfd3

 

Here’s how to fix too high minimum brightness on Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12. This patch will:

  • install lights HAL that allows decreasing display brightness to minimum value set in Android framework

How to install:

  1. Disable dm-verity.
  2. Download zip below and copy it to your device’s sdcard.
  3. Boot into TWRP recovery.
  4. Install zip in TWRP.

vi10plus-fix-minbrightness.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-fix-freeze-kbwake
md5:0862707567ca81265a639fa79eae7f57

 

Sources:

Thanks:

  • Jide Technology for releasing Linux kernel source code for Chuwi Vi10 Plus
  • festlv for the keybord dock wake fix
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest farakes

amazing work!

ill reflash to remix to test and give feedback early next week :)

 

 

edit : no freezes over the weekend, works perfectly!

Edited by farakes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much, KonstaT!

Do you happen to have a link for the download of  Remix OS B2016080801 ? I cannot find it. I would like to flash it with TWRP.

Kiitos!

Edited by mtdb
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, mtdb said:

Thank you so much, KonstaT!

Do you happen to have a link for the download of  Remix OS B2016080801 ? I cannot find it. I would like to flash it with TWRP.

Kiitos!

There's B2016072501 firmware available on Chuwi Forum. You should immediately receive an OTA to B2016080801. You need to use stock recovery to install the OTA.

Edit. I'll take that back. It's B2016080801 that is available on Chuwi Forum. You need to use Intel Platform Flash Tool to install. You can also just fastboot flash system and boot images from that firmware if also do a factory reset in recovery first. Or maybe you have a nandroid backup of the B2016080801 firmware you can restore with TWRP...

My device was originally shipped with B2016072501 and then it received an OTA to B2016080801.

Edited by KonstaT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jose Santos

KonstaT,

I installed your fix file in my H10 Plus running RemixOS, and so far so good! It seemed to have fixed the keyboard wake issue that was draining the battery (I was not having frequent freezing, so cannot comment on that one).

 

Thanks a lot (I will make a small donation as well),

Jose

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest KonstaT
50 minutes ago, marinero said:

hello Konstat

tried on my vi10 with android, and no more sound!! reset the tab, but always same problem ; i must reflash.............

Yeah, and wifi/bt, cameras, etc. I've accidentally included wrong modules in the boot image. Fat finger syndrome, pressed the wrong button repacking the image. :P

This should work. Thanks for testing, I was too lazy to do it myself (clearly should have).

vi10plus-fix-freeze-kbwake-Android-20160803.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862686043
md5:d7243d2ccd6081896bf7032e840940b1

Edited by KonstaT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest lucboucim

I did  a fresh install  on my  Vi10 plus 32gb starting with Remix B2016080801 and  then your fix. Works perfectly!!!!! No freezing - thanks so much - my  donation is on it's way :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to report that the freeze and keyboard fix works well on Vi10 Plus: stock Android 20160803

When I installed stock android I replaced the gpt.bin file with the one from stock Remix OS before flashing and I got a full 25gb of storage instead of the default 8gb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, matrixsoul said:

Hi KonstaT. Do you think your vi10plus-fix-kbwake (keyboard wake only) would work on the Hi10 Plus z8350 ?

Yes, exactly why I posted it. It has vi10plus on its name because so does everything else and couldn't come up with anything better (it's actually just the old CM12.1 patch renamed).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest opirsone

Hi KonStat I just run the flash of the new kernel and does not seem to give freezing problems, however, the tablet does not recognize the SD card, I tried using the old 64Gb and a new 8Gb, but nothing, the touchpad also created problems for me not resolved when the slide opens my Google Chrome without select.THANK yOU

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, opirsone said:

Hi KonStat I just run the flash of the new kernel and does not seem to give freezing problems, however, the tablet does not recognize the SD card, I tried using the old 64Gb and a new 8Gb, but nothing, the touchpad also created problems for me not resolved when the slide opens my Google Chrome without select.THANK yOU

SD cards work just fine with this patch. This patch doesn't break your sdcard but doesn't fix it if it was broken before either. Maybe you have faulty hardware?

I'm not aware of touchpad issues but this is not meant to fix those either - only the wakeup issue.

Cursor keys and space bar scroll web pages just fine at least with Chrome and CM13 I'm currently running.

Edited by KonstaT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest opirsone
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

SD cards work just fine with this patch. This patch doesn't break your sdcard but doesn't fix it if it was broken before either. Maybe you have faulty hardware?

I'm not aware of touchpad issues but this is not meant to fix those either - only the wakeup issue.

Cursor keys and space bar scroll web pages just fine at least with Chrome and CM13 I'm currently running.

Not faulty before,i'll try with another sd,for now the big problem of freeze is fixed

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Elmdor666

Hi,

Thanks for your great work KonstaT. I've followed your guide to solve the freezing problem and now the tablet seems to work great.

I've just a little additional question for you: I've noticed that if I go to Settings -> Updates, it says that Remix OS has been modified and cannot be updated.

How can we manage future updates for Remix OS?

Thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, Elmdor666 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your great work KonstaT. I've followed your guide to solve the freezing problem and now the tablet seems to work great.

I've just a little additional question for you: I've noticed that if I go to Settings -> Updates, it says that Remix OS has been modified and cannot be updated.

How can we manage future updates for Remix OS?

Thanks again!

Heh, you really think there's going to be updates? ;) If that happens, we can deal with it then (just restore the original firmware and update with OTA).

Besides there's already a newer Remix OS build (B2016092102) available with all these issue fixed and plenty more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Elmdor666
30 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Heh, you really think there's going to be updates? ;) If that happens, we can deal with it then (just restore the original firmware and update with OTA).

Besides there's already a newer Remix OS build (B2016092102) available with all these issue fixed and plenty more.

Wow Thanks!

I'm gonna update to this final version soon if you suggest it!

Edit: And staying at my current situation I have just to follow you "How to install" steps? Will the factory reset step erase my data and apps?

Thanks again!

Edited by Elmdor666
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest KonstaT
13 minutes ago, Elmdor666 said:

Wow Thanks!

I'm gonna update to this final version soon if you suggest it!

Edit: And staying at my current situation I have just to follow you "How to install" steps? Will the factory reset step erase my data and apps?

Thanks again!

You should be fine updating Remix OS with dirty installation (no need to wipe anything). Make a nandroid backup in TWRP just in case.

Factory reset will erase user apps and their data. If you face any issues, do that first (I still maintain my 'no wipe - no whine' policy :P).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Elmdor666
9 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You should be fine updating Remix OS with dirty installation (no need to wipe anything). Make a nandroid backup in TWRP just in case.

Factory reset will erase user apps and their data. If you face any issues, do that first (I still maintain my 'no wipe - no whine' policy :P).

Ok so I can proceed just with a backup and installation of the new zip and I should be fine ;)

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Elmdor666

Sorry again KonstaT,

I see that this time the file size is much bigger than the previous one. So this is the whole RemixOS patched right? The vi10plus-fix-freeze-kbwake-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip was just the fix for the issues am I right? ;)

Your new version bring improvements also to wifi, graphics and others?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest KonstaT
56 minutes ago, Elmdor666 said:

Sorry again KonstaT,

I see that this time the file size is much bigger than the previous one. So this is the whole RemixOS patched right? The vi10plus-fix-freeze-kbwake-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip was just the fix for the issues am I right? ;)

Your new version bring improvements also to wifi, graphics and others?

Yes and yes, you're correct.

Who knows. It's a closed source stock ROM and there's no changelog available. You just have to assume newer is better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.