[HOWTO] Fix 'freezing issue' & 'keyboard dock wake issue' for Chuwi Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus

Guest KonstaT

Guest Reycharlesconrad

Hi KonstaT, I am new to Chuwi tablets and specifically to Hi10 Plus. I am having problems with the screen waking issue when docked.  If i do this fix you have provided, this also means that my warranty will be voided right? Since I am flashing stuff in my tablet?  I hope to hear from you before I try the fixes. Thanks!

Guest Reycharlesconrad
22 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Heh, you really think there's going to be updates? ;) If that happens, we can deal with it then (just restore the original firmware and update with OTA).

Besides there's already a newer Remix OS build (B2016092102) available with all these issue fixed and plenty more.

Hi  KonstaT,  I just got my hi 10 plus and have this remix version installed already but it seems that I still have the keyboard awake issue.. Can I still use your fix on this version? Thanks 

Guest KonstaT
12 hours ago, Reycharlesconrad said:

Hi KonstaT, I am new to Chuwi tablets and specifically to Hi10 Plus. I am having problems with the screen waking issue when docked.  If i do this fix you have provided, this also means that my warranty will be voided right? Since I am flashing stuff in my tablet?  I hope to hear from you before I try the fixes. Thanks!

Heh, what warranty? ;) At least for me it would be cheaper to just buy a new device than ship this back to China to the seller.

There's full stock firmware packages available at Chuwi site. No one will even know if you've "flashed stuff" at some point.

5 hours ago, Reycharlesconrad said:

Hi  KonstaT,  I just got my hi 10 plus and have this remix version installed already but it seems that I still have the keyboard awake issue.. Can I still use your fix on this version? Thanks 

Yes, there's the standalone 'how to fix keyboard dock wake issue' package exactly for this purpose.

On 12/1/2016 at 11:25 AM, KonstaT said:

Here's how to fix 'keyboard dock wake issue' on Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro & Hibook Pro devices that don't need fix for 'freezing issue'. This patch will:

• add configs for external keyboard docks to fix 'keyboard dock wake issue'

How to install:
1. Disable dm-verity.
2. Download zip below and copy it to your device's sdcard.
3. Boot to TWRP recovery.
4. Install zip in TWRP.

vi10plus-fix-kbwake.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298915355
md5:b298502a706299087fcdec74de0efc7b

Guest Reycharlesconrad
On 1/6/2017 at 1:18 AM, KonstaT said:

Heh, what warranty? ;) At least for me it would be cheaper to just buy a new device than ship this back to China to the seller.

There's full stock firmware packages available at Chuwi site. No one will even know if you've "flashed stuff" at some point.

Yes, there's the standalone 'how to fix keyboard dock wake issue' package exactly for this purpose.

Thanks a lot for your reply.  Since Hi10 Plus is a dual boot and has Remix OS and Windows, will this fix also solve the keyboard wake issue when in Windows? Or will the fix apply on on Remix OS? Thanks in advance for your reply. :)

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Reycharlesconrad said:

Thanks a lot for your reply.  Since Hi10 Plus is a dual boot and has Remix OS and Windows, will this fix also solve the keyboard wake issue when in Windows? Or will the fix apply on on Remix OS? Thanks in advance for your reply. :)

Android only of course.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jesontotti

Hi KonstaT, i have the Remix OS build (B2016080802) with freeze problems. Can i use the vi10plus-fix-freeze-kbwake-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip for fix it? I risk  to brick the Tablet?   Thank  you

Edited by Jesontotti

Guest KonstaT
39 minutes ago, Jesontotti said:

Hi KonstaT, i have the Remix OS build (B2016080802) with freeze problems. Can i use the vi10plus-fix-freeze-kbwake-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip for fix it? I risk  to brick the Tablet?   Thank  you

It will probably work though it's not meant for that firmware. You can also flash B2016080801 that is available at Chuwi forum.

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 months later...
Guest Monica100

Hi KonstaT,

Thank you so much!!!!!! I made a donation after installing your Vi10 plus fix (I have the Remix version). I am not an expert and I was afraid of starting the whole procedure, but my tablet was pretty much unusable. After installing your file (I followed your directions step by step) my tablet is now running perfectly, no more freezing :-) You are a GENIOUS and Chuwi should pay you to do the quality control on their devices as they are incapable of doing that! Please don't leave us  only with these fixes, but keep developing other ROMs. I will be your supporter for life! Shame on the people who download your fixes without donating any money. I am sure that to come up with these solutions you spent many hours of hard work. 

I am disgusted at Chuwi for putting  on the market such defective products and for not offering any kind of support. I REFUSE to buy the keyboard that matches the tablet, as it's another defective product and  I don't want to give Chuwi any more of my money! For whoever is reading this, I would like you to consider to boycott Chuwi, don't buy other products from them!!!!!! I just purchased on ebay a good quality case cover for Chuwi tablets from a vendor called kscbusiness and it fits perfectly. It was only $10. I also bought the Sharkk Wireless Ultra Thin Aluminum Alloy Bluetooth Keyboard it is excellent, so much better than the crappy original Chuwi. No more Chuwi products for me, no matter how cheap they are! 

• 1 month later...
Guest CodeSculptor

Hi, recently I have installed fix and I have followed BIOS GPU acceleration advice, but it didn't help. I'm not sure now if I'm chasing the same problem.

I have recorded video showing my issue, but before you watch:

• Issue happens at constant frequency with no exceptions
  • It is the same on whole screen area, so it is not a physical damage
  • At the moment of freeze, when touch is frozen, I can use USB connected keyboard and successfully open Start menu (just as example that may give you a sense of what is going on)

VIDEO LINK

EDIT: I have also enabled on-screen top and I see that after every freeze surfaceflinger is top process, only for a little moment.

Edited by CodeSculptor
Additional info on the issue

Guest KonstaT
22 hours ago, CodeSculptor said:

Hi, recently I have installed fix and I have followed BIOS GPU acceleration advice, but it didn't help. I'm not sure now if I'm chasing the same problem.

I have recorded video showing my issue, but before you watch:

• Issue happens at constant frequency with no exceptions
  • It is the same on whole screen area, so it is not a physical damage
  • At the moment of freeze, when touch is frozen, I can use USB connected keyboard and successfully open Start menu (just as example that may give you a sense of what is going on)

VIDEO LINK

EDIT: I have also enabled on-screen top and I see that after every freeze surfaceflinger is top process, only for a little moment.

That doesn't look like the notorious 'freezing issue'. It's an eMMC issue and it's been confirmed 100% fixed with my patch. You shouldn't be messing with any BIOS settings to fix this anyway.

Your issue seems more like a problem with touchscreen, more likely a hardware failure.

• 4 months later...
Guest winnieyip

I  previously installed the pack to fix the freezing program at my Vi10 plus and it worked fine. However I found that no response when plugging the tablet at the chuwi keyboard in both windows and android version - is it something normal?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, winnieyip said:

I  previously installed the pack to fix the freezing program at my Vi10 plus and it worked fine. However I found that no response when plugging the tablet at the chuwi keyboard in both windows and android version - is it something normal?

Most likely a hardware failure unrelated to this. This doesn't affect Windows in any way.

Guest winnieyip
12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Most likely a hardware failure unrelated to this. This doesn't affect Windows in any way.

Thanks a lot. I found I sometimes could connect to the keyboard now - very funny and trying to understand the patern

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, winnieyip said:

Hi, if my Windows is seriously lack of harddisk space, would I be able to use the space allocated to Android previously to Windows?

Not without repartitioning the storage and reinstalling everything.

Guest winnieyip
On 12/9/2017 at 7:41 PM, KonstaT said:

Not without repartitioning the storage and reinstalling everything.

Hi, what steps I should follow to reinstall my Vi10 plus to use Windows 10 only. Any other post I should refer to

Guest KonstaT
17 hours ago, winnieyip said:

Hi, what steps I should follow to reinstall my Vi10 plus to use Windows 10 only. Any other post I should refer to

There's probably half a dozen ways to achieve that. You don't need to reinstall WIndows if you're going to just completely remove Android. http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1654

Guest winnieyip
On 12/14/2017 at 4:25 PM, KonstaT said:

There's probably half a dozen ways to achieve that. You don't need to reinstall WIndows if you're going to just completely remove Android. http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1654

Thanks very much for the link and look great!

But it seems that it is quote risky to merge the "un-allocated" (after removing those Android partitions) to Wndows C drive even with some advanced tool such as EaseUS. I wonder if there is any quick way to download the pure Windows image for Chuwi Vi10 plus and load to my tablet directly. Any suggestion for me?

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, winnieyip said:

Thanks very much for the link and look great!

But it seems that it is quote risky to merge the "un-allocated" (after removing those Android partitions) to Wndows C drive even with some advanced tool such as EaseUS. I wonder if there is any quick way to download the pure Windows image for Chuwi Vi10 plus and load to my tablet directly. Any suggestion for me?

I've never installed Windows on this device and this is a completely wrong place for this discussion anyway.

Of course there's a Windows image available (http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2116) and like already said, there's half a dozen ways to do this.

Guest winnieyip
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I've never installed Windows on this device and this is a completely wrong place for this discussion anyway.

Of course there's a Windows image available (http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2116) and like already said, there's half a dozen ways to do this.

Thanks for your prompt reply ad suggestion

• 1 year later...
Guest Shezsharks

Hi I am new to this site but I have just purchased a Chuwi Lapbook Prop 14.1 and I am very happy with it, it does overheat sometimes but I dont mind, what I do mind is the pages freeze alot especially in my gmail account and I have to wait at least 10 seconds before it starts to work again, is there any fix for this??

5dc903624519f044e147339d-0-large.jpg