Any tablets without deep sleep problems on Remix OS?

Guest tomshreds

Guest tomshreds

Hey folks,

After having a Teclast tablet and a Cube one I thought I'd consult the community here before ordering another one. I'm having deep sleep problems with my Cube iWork8 Air tablet and it's driving me crazy. I wish I could leave my tablet somewhere without fearing I'll have to reboot it not knowing what I was doing prior it crashed.

I remember reading somewhere that Remix OS was possible to run on Onda v80 Plus tablets which looks of good quality. Also I read great things about the Chuwi Hi8 Pro but I really want to read people's own experiences to be 100% sure Remix OS will run fine on my next tablet. (Also heard about Mi Pad 3 support but it's a bit pricey) 

I'd really like a 8 inch tablet, for some reason it's the perfect size for me. Still, I really dig the ones with the keyboard/touchpad combo, are they worth it / of good quality?

EDIT: I don't mind if it's not a foreign brand or a budget one. I also want to know what's the BEST device to run Remix OS on. It seems pretty rare to have it running with great stability on a tablet. I feel like it's the best OS to run on a tablet, I love it! I leave my macbook pro and always bring my tablet with me everywhere... if only it wouldn't freak out while deep sleeping!

Feel free to share your own experiences, and thanks in advance!

Edited by tomshreds

Guest PalmTrees
2 hours ago, tomshreds said:

@PalmTrees Any news from that Chuwi tablet yet? :D

It's at the post office - awaiting my "ready to pick up" notice. Would you like me to do a comparison between the two devices? 

The only device in that range would be the HTC Nexus 9 - I imagine it's hard to come across the Nexus 9 anywhere in new condition (at a fair price). A quick search on Amazon shows that this device is for sale; new and used. 

What you're requesting is almost impossible. Remix OS is not applied widely yet. I think (or know) we're going to see a certain amount of new tablets being released later this month and in Q1/Q2 next year with updated hardware and likely Remix OS 3.0. I'd say hold your horses or purchase the Chuwi Vi10 Plus (Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook Pro & Hi12) - it is, as far as I can tell, the only Chinese brand and device(s) being supported by the community (KonstaT). Bear in mind, that support will be dropped for some of the devices, can't remember which besides Hi12. So either get the Vi10 Plus, which KonstaT has put and is putting an amazing effort into. If size is an issue, you simply must wait. 

Teclast is often associated with poor wifi (due to the metal casing used on many tablets). 

Guest tomshreds
16 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

It's at the post office - awaiting my "ready to pick up" notice. Would you like me to do a comparison between the two devices? 

Sure I would like a comparison! I just ordered a Hi10 Pro so it'll be cool to compare both as well :D Based on Konstant's findings, it's pretty much the same kernel as Hi10/Vi10 Plus so I guess things will go super smooth :D I was thinking about the Mi Pad 2 but in the end an iPad clone wasn't really my thing, I appreciated the ports setup of the Chuwi's and the keyboard combo, I'm more of a power user and the super high res screen was cool for reading but for anything more gpu intensive things were looking bleak. 16:10 on the Pro is just what I liked about my current 8 inch. Can't wait to try it out, already wrote to Gearbest about my current iWork8 to see if I could return it otherwise I'll try to sell it. I should've researched more before purchasing it hehe :P

Thanks for your suggestions and comments, you and Konstat GREATLY helped me pick a model and I feel I won't have to order yet another one next month this time! :P

Guest PalmTrees
10 hours ago, tomshreds said:

Sure I would like a comparison! I just ordered a Hi10 Pro so it'll be cool to compare both as well :D Based on Konstant's findings, it's pretty much the same kernel as Hi10/Vi10 Plus so I guess things will go super smooth :D I was thinking about the Mi Pad 2 but in the end an iPad clone wasn't really my thing, I appreciated the ports setup of the Chuwi's and the keyboard combo, I'm more of a power user and the super high res screen was cool for reading but for anything more gpu intensive things were looking bleak. 16:10 on the Pro is just what I liked about my current 8 inch. Can't wait to try it out, already wrote to Gearbest about my current iWork8 to see if I could return it otherwise I'll try to sell it. I should've researched more before purchasing it hehe :P

Thanks for your suggestions and comments, you and Konstat GREATLY helped me pick a model and I feel I won't have to order yet another one next month this time! :P

Awesome. Where did you buy from? 

No problem, glad to help - guess it's time to slow down on the expenditures. Just ordered the Xiaomi Mi Max yesterday. For the price of one Samsung S7 Edge, I've had the joy of purchasing 3 phones, 2 tablets, 2 fitness bands, a Mi BT Speaker (2 drivers) and a QC3 compatible charger from Blitzwolf + a few other things, this year :p.