Which charger to choose?

Guest Garlast

Guest Garlast

I have a huawei y300-0100 and its old phone. I lost the original charger and I'm using one tgat is 1.A or 0.1A is that ok? the battery is 1752mh or something like that. I'm wordering if that's a good charger becauae the battery doesnt last much. like 2hours and I dont use it much. help

22 hours ago, Garlast said:

I have a huawei y300-0100 and its old phone. I lost the original charger and I'm using one tgat is 1.A or 0.1A is that ok? the battery is 1752mh or something like that. I'm wordering if that's a good charger becauae the battery doesnt last much. like 2hours and I dont use it much. help

Original Huawei charger output 0,5A current and Y300 battery is 1950 mAh. So, it has about 4h x 500mA to fully charge. You may use 1A charger for charging battery for 2h.

Guest xxirioxx

Plugging a charger providing bigger current does't mean the battery charges faster :) If the internal power supply limits the current charging to 500mA, it takes 4 hour to fully charge anyway.

If you want to replace your original charger just check it has got the same output voltage (and polarity) and at least the output current of the old one, because if it is less you could damage your phone or the charger.

Guest awarner

Batteries over time will wear out and have a shorter life between charges. Li-ion batteries are made to last 500 charges so any more can be a bonus as most do last more.