ASUS fone X013DB Android 5.1.1 info needed

Guest Ross Dorn

Guest Ross Dorn

Hello, I have basically no experience with a mobile phone, and I dislike all the bloatware that clogs up everything. It is rooted and I removed a lot of stuff, but not enough for my taste.

I have looked around for information that tells me what certain apps are for, but I have not found anything really.

To give an example: There is an app called ASUS Cover and it uses up 8.66MB, what does do? What will no longer work if I uninstall it? And there are dozens of bloatware about which I have basically the same questions. Is there a point to have CM security? what is Exchange services?

I literally use the phone to be reachable, and make an occasional call. I use the GPS for FreeNavigator in the car , I use the camera, and I use it as an mp3 player with my MusicFolderPlayer app. Does that f.e. mean, I can uninstall all other music apps?

One more thing. I do NOT use any Google, and do not ev4n have an account

Thanks to anyone who can answer this or point me in the right direction....

Guest Ross Dorn

Is there a point to watch my question? It has been a week, and no answer? Is that how this site works???

Edited by Ross Dorn

Guest awarner

Hi, the problem you have is an older device and OS which unfortunately is not one of the more common devices so there may not be many members of the site that can answer your question as they will not be familiar with the app in question.