Post event thread...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Firaas
Firaas - how are you finding the Tanager (luck git) is it worth upgrading when they come out?

Amazing phone - the screen itself is worth the upgrade.

The joystick can be slightly awkward at times, but it's nice for playing doom on!

You have to see it in person to appreciate how good the screen really is - especially playing doom!

Is it worth upgrading? If they came out within the next couple of months, and the upgrade cost was around £150-200 - go for it!

HAHA Hungry!! That's right!

Anyone got that flashing keyring to work further than 2inches away from the top of the phone?? And it also flashes when you are on the phone.... But again within 2in of top (guess signal is directed upwards..)

Guest spacemonkey

I think the idea is that you attach it to your phone to make the phone

a) easy to swing around

:lol: look gay

and yeah, it just detects any strong rf signal and flashes, it'll detect your phone picking up a new cell site when you switch it on/come out of the tube as well.

Guest Firaas
That flashy thing has a mind of its own. Flashes whenever it feels like it. :lol:

Yeah - doesn't work for me anymore.

Worked the first night. Maybe it's jealous of my tanager ;) :(

Hmmm, make it 3 then. Or even the whole XX...

And should I ask people to stop being jealous [at least pretend], else we will not get any real conversation going in here, hehehe. ;)

Firaas, I suggest you change your nick! :lol:

Guest florin_m

The battery must run empty then :lol:

I saw no pic with me ;) I stayed well hidden :(

Thank's Paul , Ms, Orange and Co. for the THE EVENT.

P.S.

I'm still in London :lol: I'll be back home on wed.

Guest vijay555

"Nubian Queen" was, i understand, gf of one of the guys there. She looked distinctly bored to me. FYI to whoever she belongs to:girls don't like nerdy stuff! Would have gone over to be polite, but on the offchance that she was with Monolithix, and that he would have squished me with his size 16 boot, i left her well alone.

I note i'm conveniently not in any photos :lol:

Paul, meet was great. Like i said elsewhere, if you guys consider getting nissed as a pewt again in london, i'd be happy to pop over...

MS+Orange were good guys for helping it happen, and putting a face to all of our ranting was quite therapeutic, even the MS guys who were far more informative than i might have expected.

Paul, does MS really take stock of some of the comments made on the site, because the "whiteboards" re used/requested apps they had at the meet might be usefully put on a poll or a sticky thread n'est-ce pas?

V

Guest ajb3000

Did everyone try out the prototype phones and beta software? Mainly Total Soccer and Metal Strike, they look amazing! The graphics are superb.

Guest HungrySPV
Did everyone try out the prototype phones and beta software?  Mainly Total Soccer and Metal Strike, they look amazing!  The graphics are superb.

Did anyone get a snap of the prototype phones when Orange/MS weren't looking :lol:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Oh btw, for those that weren't that. That room was actually a drained swimming pool....

Nice work environment for MS employees!

Guest martinb

Well, I don't think it was ever actually a pool, some interior designers just went a bit nuts I think. But, yes, it is a pretty cool place to work.

martinb [MSFT]

Guest Firaas
Well, I don't think it was ever actually a pool, some interior designers just went a bit nuts I think.

Yeah Steve said after the event - it wasn't actually a swimming pool (why the hell would you have plug sockets in a swimming pool), probably just a way to get MS to cough up more.

T'was a very nice place though - liked the lighting when one walked in, and great idea the Xbox thing was.