Possible to place a link to NEW SMS on the homepage?

Guest omar_g

Guest HelloDave

You can always go through the select a contact, then choose "sms" instead of "m", "h" or "w" as the number, which will pop up the new message menu, and save you having to add the contact via the message editor.

Guest Richie M
You can always go through the select a contact, then choose "sms" instead of "m", "h" or "w" as the number, which will pop up the new message menu, and save you having to add the contact via the message editor.

Thanks Andy it was me that originally posted that tip :)

This all started off cos Omar_g wanted a one button hit off a homescreen to compose a txt, somehow Midnight and myself got involved and tried everything we could think of to get it working :? i'm gonna have to admit defeat ;)

Guest midnight

or, go to the contact, select their sms, then create a speed dial for it, that will go to the inbox, pop up the new menu, when you select sms it will then fill in the number for you and all you need to do is type.

Guest HelloDave
Thanks Andy it was me that originally posted that tip

Claiming copyright now huh? If you want to be picky it was actually someone in the Orange/M$ video on firsttimetogether.com who originally told us about that tip :wink:

I found out about it some time ago, but it wasn't much use to me becuase when you start an sms from your contact list it puts the contact's number in the "to" field, not their name, which bugs me! This means that the number instead of the name shows up in the sent items folder as well - reminds me of the dark days of my Motorola m3788 ;) Damn inconsistent interface! :)

Guest Richie M

I know what you Andy, who the hell decided that +44 will only link a name and number :evil:

I weren'y claiming copyright, was trying to be humorus :roll: i actually got the tip from the M$ News Group (Neil the head honcho if i remember correctly) :)

Guest HelloDave

Richie - I seem to be offending people at the moment; my smileys are losing their touch! I know you were only being humorous, but sometimes I can't resist being anal like that. Bad habit really... :)